CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Callouts were RIP when we found out the Spartans constantly say where everything and everyone is.

I find it absolutely hilarious that we have official names for sections of the maps now, and yet callouts are dead. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it absolutely hilarious that we have official names for sections of the maps now, and yet callouts are dead. 

Spartans only ever said where an enemy was when they were firing on them or were being fired at. More complex callouts, such as telling your teammate to control an area, or figuring out who has the sniper on the enemy team, will still be relevant with high level play.

Spartan Chatter is there for people who just want to jump into a game by themselves.

my face when 343 finally drop those pro gameplays

my face when BR fanboys realise that Pistol is better on launch day

tumblr_m8azniu30t1rtmqzko3_500.gif

The BR is designed to be a tier 2 weapon lol.

The BR is designed to be a tier 2 weapon lol.

We are talking about utility weapons here, as in the gun you spawn with.

or will it? :kappa:

Frankly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I mean the fact that a pistol is more powerful than a rifle alone is kind of dumb, but you go more into it and you start to question what the entire point of having multiple utility weapons to begin with was in the first place.

Judging from what I saw lately the BR appeared to be single-shot, I doubt that's true because BR, but it something that I noticed from the gameplays that looked weird to me.

Is there a list of killtimes for each weapon lying around? I'm kind of curious.

Frankly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I mean the fact that a pistol is more powerful than a rifle alone is kind of dumb, but you go more into it and you start to question what the entire point of having multiple utility weapons to begin with was in the first place.

Judging from what I saw lately the BR appeared to be single-shot, I doubt that's true because BR, but it something that I noticed from the gameplays that looked weird to me.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10066-halo-5-weapon-kill-times/

Here

The BR is burst-fire, it's just more compressed

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does when the Pistol's harder to use and thus requires more skill than the easier to use BR. It makes perfect sense gameplay wise. It's not just about power, but ease of use, etc.

Seems like there was an event recently where content creators and such were invited. Greenskull also claims to have exclusive campaign, customization, and multiplayer footage for next week. Starting to think Beyond does too.

Customization you say?

The answer to the question, "why do we have more than one utility weapon if one is clearly better for gameplay than the others" is "fuck you, redundancy is the new diversity". 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I must be the only one who thinks coliseum is sexy. It's so crisp and clean. No fog, clean palette, defined geometry, distinct bases.

Also, the spotting mechanic is ONLY when you damage the flag carrier? Or just spot him on your screen?

I have no idea why I am getting neg'd for saying that the coliseum looks like anime. If you look at how it renders, it looks like an anime cartoon. That was the only thing that came to mind when i looked at that pic.

The bigger problem with the coliseum is what you see when you look at it. It looks cluttered and disjointed. Nothing about it seems to hold any cohesion with any other part of it. It reminds me of H4 Solace, just noisy clutter. Yes, there is no fog, but it looks confusing to look at.

I just realized something.

You guys are complaining about the map aesthetics being too similar or plain, but not really delving into the complex paths and meta each map could potentially offer.

In short, you guys are being casuals. ;)

People like playing on maps just because of how they look, because they like how the map makes them feel when all they do is look at it.

How a map appears can be critical, in large part how it can be confusing to look at, or how parts of it you just don't want to look at (e.g. forge blocks make forge maps look like a pile of blocks). To say that how a map looks is not important - or more importantly, to simply imply that is the case - is ignorant at best.

Not sure if that's how it works. You wouldn't claim CoD looks like a cartoon because it's a video game.

Most maps in CoD look like a video game. There was one map that looked like the Simpsons, and yes it looked nothing but cartoon.

So now you guys are saying H5 doesn't look like a video game lol

I mean, I get you guys don't like H5, but it's pathetic how hard you guys try to downplay literally everything about this game. Real sad.

Get off of MrGreen hates H5. I was objectively commenting on the rendering and how it looked like a anime cartoon. I will stand by my comments.

As for game play, The Coliseum looks very incoherent among its features. One part of the map doesn't look like it belongs with another. It looks like Solace for its clutter and random architecture, only worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tumblr_m8azniu30t1rtmqzko3_500.gif

unless the gameplay is anything like the invitational, in which case... Shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Also fyi, a portion of REQ pack sales goes to HCS prize pools

ahhh, taking a page out of the CSGO scene. That's smart. i'm hopelessly addicted to opening cases on CSGO. #Skins 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If thats not the opinion you share, then 'you guys' doesn't apply to you. Don't be so sensitive lol

Last time I checked only one person shared that particular opinion, so "you guys" doesn't really apply to anyone other than the individual who shared his opinion. <_<

• Upvote (+1) 2