CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is Ground Pound even something that would need to be a powerup? Honestly you force yourself to lose strong position for a (potential) kill. Never had an issue with it and thought it was sorta hype myself lol. Not to mention it's not hard to dodge if you can react to it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is Ground Pound even something that would need to be a powerup? Honestly you force yourself to lose strong position for a (potential) kill. Never had an issue with it and thought it was sorta hype myself lol. Not to mention it's not hard to dodge if you can react to it

It's pretty under-powered to be honest... doubt it will be used much in comp. play, except for the trick jumps/hovering it allows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have a problem with ground pound being a spawn ability, I think it would be better if it was more powerful and was in the map, same with charge, then they can benefit the meta a little.

I don't have a problem with ground pound being a spawn ability, I think it would be better if it was more powerful and was in the map, same with charge, then they can benefit the meta a little.

I guess. I think groundpound has some uses outside the main use (Hovering) and a few other things. Charge though I agree see no use to it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H3 looks like a video game. There is a difference.

I mean, it's an art style...

Video Game isn't really an art style.

H3 looks like some cartoons to me. Especially those 3D animation ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, I get you guys don't like H5, but it's pathetic how hard you guys try to downplay literally everything about this game. Real sad.

I might not agree with him but if it is his opinion - fine. I don't get why some people here act like the people that don't like Halo 5 pull stuff out of their ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I might not agree with him but if it is his opinion - fine. I don't get why some people here act like the people that don't like Halo 5 pull stuff out of their ass.

Well I mean they kind of just shit post about Halo 5 for no reason. Waste of time imo 

I think it's hard to say something is "cartoon like" since there are so many different styles in cartoons

Sorry for the neg, @

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I mean they kind of just shit post about Halo 5 for no reason. Waste of time imo 

If that is true you are right but I don't think people would hate on something that is not bad just because it is Halo 5.

H3 looks like a video game. There is a difference.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally when it came to campaign art styles H3 (Most colorful/vibrant) H5(really liking the environments on levels like Sanghelios) and Reach (Worked with the theme of impending doom)  were my favorites. H1 is good (Silent Cartographer), H4 was meh (Only level I thought looked kinda nice were the glossy Forerunner areas with animated bridges) and I think H2 is hot garbage art style wise (went for graphical tech for its time rather than its own style) 

The main thing I'm interested in at this point are weapon and power-up placements. I know many here want more of them and faster timers, but I think 343 wants there to be a substantial amount of play with Tier 1/2 weapons, and for power weapon control to be easy to follow for spectators. 

Truth - Now that Prophet's Bane/Sword is on a dynamic timer, the winning team could end up camping more, and it'd have a roll-over affect where comebacks are way too hard. I think Active Camo bottom-mid could help facilitate sneaky pushes, both for TS & CTF. Oddball could also be interesting. 

Regret - Really hope they put the Legendary SPNKR bottom-mid here, and leave the LRs top-mid (unlike Midship/Bigship, top-mid is pretty powerful on Regret). Maybe an overshield at the weaker tower (forget its name). Not sure what gametypes Regret would excel at besides Strongholds. Maybe KOTH or Oddball?

Fathom - Think this could be a cool 2 snipers map. At the very least, decrease the timer for Sniper. From footage we've seen, both Sniper & Plasma Caster were barely used. We'll see if that'll change when people figure out the Plasma Caster. Also think the Hydra would be pretty interesting on this map. Should be a good map for TS & CTF. 

Empire - Again, we'll have to see how Plasma Caster use evolves, but inside was way too powerful with Shotgun. And the OS needs to be buffed if they're going to leave it in that vulnerable a place. Has way too much CQC for TS... could work for Strongholds, KOTH, & Oddball. 

Eden - Know that they've moved the Sniper to the opposite side of the map. Could be a good map for the Legendary CE Pistol, as a counter to the Sniper. Also, speed boost bottom middle? 

Coliseum - Already has IC & Sniper, along with Scattershot bottom-mid and an OS. Looks pretty fun/balanced to me. Probably my favorite map shown. 

Plaza - Not sure if this is an asymm or not. All I know is there's a Sniper on it. 

The Rig - Asymm, with Sniper, Plasma Caster, Camo, & at least one Shotgun. 

Does anyone else think that this looks like a Hydra on Plaza? h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-pl

Does anyone else think that this looks like a Hydra on Plaza? h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-pl

Yeah, that's a Hydra.

Might be a bad power weapon choice for that map, since it's the closest thing to a room-based map we have in H5.

Fingers crossed halo 6 has a grim art style. That would be incredible.

I spoke poorly of the plaza map being dull and boring, but perhaps I was wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So now you guys are saying H5 doesn't look like a video game lol

I mean, I get you guys don't like H5, but it's pathetic how hard you guys try to downplay literally everything about this game. Real sad.

You say that like his comment is representative of everyone here who dislikes Halo 5. One guy presents his opinion on Halo 5's art style and all of a sudden you accuse everyone who criticizes this game as "downplaying everything". 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Visually... I'll say, Coliseum>Plaza>Truth>Regret>Fathom>Eden>>>Empire=Rig

I have heard that plaza uses the same structures as fathom/empire but I do not see that. I see a whole new different feel. Maybe Im just blind or the bright lights change the look and feel to it but idk

Yeah, that's a Hydra.

Might be a bad power weapon choice for that map, since it's the closest thing to a room-based map we have in H5.

Thought so. Technically, it's a tier 2 weapon, so it's on a dynamic timer and isn't a true power weapon. 

But I agree, it'll have the same problems it did on Regret, where there weren't enough sight lines to use it that effectively. It needs to be on more open maps like Eden, The Rig, or Fathom. 

But in Regret it had uses. You just had to aim up rather than look for curves horizontally. Just had to be creative imo

None of you are concerned about the new spotting mechanic in CTF?

I don't see too much of an issue with it, on higher levels everyone just calls them out anyway, on the lower levels it might help out "awareness challenged" individuals a little, I see it pretty much the same way I see the map callouts.

Not to start the whole "I like h2/h3 art the best" but I hate how h4, h2a and now h5 look. Cartoonish

CE and 2 looked realistic mainly because of how... unimaginative, they were. I know that sounds like blasphemy but if you recall the environments in both CE and 2 were largely human inspired with maybe a little bit of sci-fi thrown in, they have progressively put more and more emphasis on foreign (non man-made structures and such) and so it ends up looking more cartoonish, a poorly made swamp or desert still look more "real" to our minds than a well made sanghelios or flood environment does, really you could say it has more to do with them being more (perhaps too) ambitious with their design than anything.

I was largely speaking about SP, because in MP I don't put it anywhere near the same level of importance as I do for SP, as far as I'm concerned MP could look straight out borderlands for all I care.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You say that like his comment is representative of everyone here who dislikes Halo 5. One guy presents his opinion on Halo 5's art style and all of a sudden you accuse everyone who criticizes this game as "downplaying everything". 

If thats not the opinion you share, then 'you guys' doesn't apply to you. Don't be so sensitive lol

• Downvote (-1) 2