CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

When a flag runner gets shot in competitive play they drop the flag most of the time anyway, giving away their location. And if not, they get called out by whoever shot them. To people saying it takes away from communication, JohNNySniPeZ69420 will still be screaming in your ears where the flag carrier is over and over even though there's a waypoint just clogging up the comms anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're trying to tell me that H3 doesn't look cartoon like?

Halo 3 isn't cartoony, its color palette is just vivid and constrasted (which I'd argue is a good thing). The art style is realistic.

Halo 4/5 have this thing going on where characters and locations look straight out of a futuristic sci-fi manga.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 3 isn't cartoony, its color palette is just vivid and constrasted (which I'd argue is a good thing). The art style is realistic.

Halo 4/5 have this thing going on where characters and locations look straight out of a futuristic sci-fi manga.

All Halo game's are cartoon looking, because it's a bloody videogame.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All Halo game's are cartoon looking, because it's a bloody videogame.

Not sure if that's how it works. You wouldn't claim CoD looks like a cartoon because it's a video game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not saying Epic needs to have a Halo-level marketing campaign, just some quality trailers and a developer ran tournament to help show CS players that something more competitive does exists and there's a new game for it now.

Well I'll be damned

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure if that's how it works. You wouldn't claim CoD looks like a cartoon because it's a video game.

Fair enough. I think H5 is the best looking Halo since H1/H3 though, a huge step up from the pixel fest of Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you look at some of the armor, and hell yeah, you get a cartoonish vibe, but the you look at a map like plaza and you get a pseudo modern scifi look.

Also quick ot question, is toxikk worth playing?

This game looks SICK AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

That stream is less than an hour. Watch it, cuz I am.

Anyway, I think Flag will be pretty fun this time around, especially when nearly all of the symmetric maps in H5 have plenty of strategies that can be formed.

The Unreal Tournament maps look sick AF. Imagine Good art direction

• Upvote (+1) 1

you look at some of the armor, and hell yeah, you get a cartoonish vibe, but the you look at a map like plaza and you get a pseudo modern scifi look.

Also quick ot question, is toxikk worth playing?

Toxikk is completely, utterly dead at the moment.  So no.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So who hasn't pre-ordered?

There's literally no point in pre ordering any game, unless you absolutely cannot live without having bonus content right away.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There's literally no point in pre ordering any game, unless you absolutely cannot live without having bonus content right away.

Uhm, I preorder so I can pay for the game and not have to worry about paying later. 

I absolutely love the looks of Coliseum - as well as Plaza, Regret, Truth, & Fathom.

The only maps which are a bit boring to me are Empire, Eden, & The Rig. But that's because they're more human, with no big "twists" like Fathom being underwater. 

Uhm, I preorder so I can pay for the game and not have to worry about paying later. 

Not to mention the incentives, e.g. $10 gift card...

I'm not pre-ordering my personal copy. But I did arrange to have that Tuesday-Friday off, and will support my local Gamestop after I get off work the night of October 26th.

Forge better be worth it.

I hope there's more variety in the arena maps like there are with the warzone maps, I mean you got the island map, that snow map(which I hope gets better lighting by the time the game launches), then the desert one we've all seen.

I'm pretty much on the Bing Rewards program to get gift cards.

Chalk it up to being overly cautious about how the game works day one, I guess. I'll go with the basic package if I do end up pre ordering (any game in general) even at all.