CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

None of you are concerned about the new spotting mechanic in CTF?

It'll help for when you're playing in matchmaking. Shitty teammates make CTF a chore.

Hopefully grenades don't trigger the waypoint...

It'll help for when you're playing in matchmaking. Shitty teammates make CTF a chore.

We have grenade hit markers already. It would make sense that they would just keep piling it on.

RIP Callouts

I hope there is an option to turn it off for competitive play.

Callouts were RIP when we found out the Spartans constantly say where everything and everyone is.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The flagnum now is the equivalent of having a BR with the flag in H4. If anything they should make you hold your AR or only give you a clip of ammo for your pistol. Or just remove your weapon. But having your primary that everyone has while holding the flag really takes a lot of skill out of CTF.

RIP Callouts

I hope there is an option to turn it off for competitive play.

Same. I'm interested to see how it plays but I just feel like having a spotting marker there is going to take a lot of communication out of where the carrier is, provided he isn't juggling.

They said damage, right? I assume that's any damage, period.

We have grenade hit markers already. It would make sense that they would just keep piling it on.

Eh, I was only asking if people liked it or not.

Do we get to choose which dedicated server we connect to? Hoping for better connections than what MCC had/has on offer.

Do we get to choose which dedicated server we connect to? Hoping for better connections than what MCC had/has on offer.

They said in the post-beta blog this was the plan.

The simple Coliseum design reminds me the style of forge maps on Foundry. 

Anyways, do you think this will be possible? To throw the flag across the map to a temmate?

coliseum.jpg

(I know I know I'm an artist)

The simple Coliseum design reminds me the style of forge maps on Foundry. 

Anyways, do you think this will be possible? To throw the flag across the map to a temmate?

coliseum.jpg

(I know I know I'm an artist)

Unless the buks have weak arms I don't think you can chuck it all the way across. You probably will be able to if you climb up the side railings and thrust jump though...

flag_toss_gif_720x404_20fps-b3c9c7ab91dd

EDIT; actually, looking at it that was fairly close... maybe you could get someone right on the edge at the other side.

That coliseum map looks like one big eye sore.  

Not to start the whole "I like h2/h3 art the best" but I hate how h4, h2a and now h5 look. Cartoonish

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to start the whole "I like h2/h3 art the best" but I hate how h4, h2a and now h5 look. Cartoonish

You're trying to tell me that H3 doesn't look cartoon like?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I must be the only one who thinks coliseum is sexy. It's so crisp and clean. No fog, clean palette, defined geometry, distinct bases.

Also, the spotting mechanic is ONLY when you damage the flag carrier? Or just spot him on your screen?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like Coliseum looks more than the other Halo 5 arena maps to be honest.

as far as visuals go:

Regret > Coliseum >>>> rest

as far as visuals go:

Yea, those 2 are toss up.

The thing I don't really like about how Arena maps looks are how they all seem to have the same generic building looks for a lot of these maps. I guess visuals aren't the most important thing for arena players but at the same time I always loved the differences from Prisoner, Chill Out, Battle Creek etc but still played amazingly.

I just realized something.

You guys are complaining about the map aesthetics being too similar or plain, but not really delving into the complex paths and meta each map could potentially offer.

In short, you guys are being casuals. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just realized something.

You guys are complaining about the map aesthetics being too similar or plain, but not really delving into the complex paths and meta each map could potentially offer.

In short, you guys are being casuals. ;)

you take that back!

None of you are concerned about the new spotting mechanic in CTF?

Not particularly.

Yes, it shows you were a player is, but it's always more important to know where the flag is going and if the marker is only there for a few seconds I could see teams who slack on the communication actually getting juked out by the flag runner (if the waypoint works similar to how it does in CoD where it "blinks", except this would be a single blink) because they're focused on the present too much.

If it could be turned off for HCS I'd support that 100%, but I think for the majority of matchmade games it's going to be a small blessing; especially in unranked playlists where you tend to find a frustrating amalgamation of skill and knowledge levels.

The game looks too glossy and shiny. I miss the rough aesthetics the older games had. 

as far as visuals go:

That one Chinatown map tops them all, hands down.

Boy, do I love urban maps. It's something Halo really lacks.

• Upvote (+1) 1