CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We've known about ctf since gamescom, this info isn't all that new or surprising.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is the flagnum still here

I honestly don't mind it now that we have the option to drop the flag. Either run and gun, or drop it. Options are good when they actually work. Any word on what the TTK on the flagnum is?

Why is the flagnum still here

Why're YOU still here? 

Edit: No, that wasn't serious, it was a joke, referring to his statement. As in, an exaggerated retort. :P

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I honestly don't mind it now that we have the option to drop the flag. Either run and gun, or drop it. Options are good when they actually work. Any word on what the TTK on the flagnum is?

It sounds like it's going to be the same as the regular Magnum.

its 1.2, same as base magnum.

Wait... Really? Magnum kills faster than the DMR, or BR? Why does that make me insanely happy?

pretty much all still need to kill faster and the autos need to kills slower(except for the ar).
  • Upvote (+1) 3

We've known about ctf since gamescom, this info isn't all that new or surprising.

Sure, if you're talking about flag juggling, the Flagnum's presence or not being able to sprint when in possession of the flag. However, the 80% base movement speed restriction, the 'spotting' mechanic, the flag-at-home-to-score mechanic, and specifics regarding the strength of the Flagnum and melee attacks when in possession of the flag are all examples of new information in the update.

• Upvote (+1) 5

pretty much all still need to kill faster and the autos need to kills slower(except for the ar).

I know they need to kill faster, however, it's STILL much faster than previous Halos. Really wish we could at least, theoretically get the Magnum down to a 0.8 or 1 second time to kill, with the other weapons being around 1.2. That's of course, wishful thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's that mean, exactly?

H2A the flag would get suck on low ceilings and not go into the structure.

What's that mean, exactly?

Have you tried juggling the flag in h2a? The Flag's hit box is basically the entire pole. So if you were under a ceiling not to high, (say Shrine's base or under the Plats of Warlord) and juggled mid-air, that flag would immediately stop and fall straight down canceling the momentum you gave it and making you leave it behind.

Have you tried juggling the flag in h2a? The Flag's hit box is basically the entire pole. So if you were under a ceiling not to high, (say Shrine's base or under the Plats of Warlord) and juggled mid-air, that flag would immediately stop and fall straight down canceling the momentum you gave it and making you leave it behind.

Ah, I see. That explains the fumbles I see in the ESL/Private games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah halo 2a is pretty bad, I guess that's what happens when you build it out of the 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah halo 2a is pretty bad, I guess that's what happens when you build it out of the 4.

I wouldn't say h2a is bad at all. It does have lots of issues though like the flag hitbox for example. And Halo 4 didn't have this problem.. shit, you couldn't even drop the flag in the first place xD

I wouldn't say h2a is bad at all. It does have lots of issues though like the flag hitbox for example. And Halo 4 didn't have this problem.. shit, you couldn't even drop the flag in the first place xD

I really don't enjoy it, primarily due to how incredibly easy the weapons are to use, but little stuff like this that just make the game more clunky also contribute to my overall dissatisfaction with it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't enjoy it, primarily due to how incredibly easy the weapons are to use, but little stuff like this that just make the game more clunky also contribute to my overall dissatisfaction with it.

Yeah the easy weapons kill it for me... They didnt change any of the aim-assist values or magnetism when modding Halo 4 into H2A.

I'm gonna kick a baby if the Sol emblem isn't in this game (again). And if it is, I better not have to "unlock" it through Requisition packs.

I'm gonna kick a baby if the Sol emblem isn't in this game (again). And if it is, I better not have to "unlock" it through Requisition packs.

Yeah, I hope they have the grenade emblem and also that your emblem shows on the nameplate, not that its important, but I wish they never got rid of that.

Yeah, I hope they have the grenade emblem and also that your emblem shows on the nameplate, not that its important, but I wish they never got rid of that.

Who knows maybe if we press 'A' a whole bunch of times we can unlock it.  :wutface:

None of you are concerned about the new spotting mechanic in CTF?

None of you are concerned about the new spotting mechanic in CTF?

RIP Callouts

I hope there is an option to turn it off for competitive play.