CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

590f150b20.jpg

BLACK UNDERSUITS!

My pants. Brb. That Spartan looks like a beast 

I know people hate this helmet but it reminds me of the armor called Dharoks from Runescape which was my favorite armor in any game as a kid. Almost enough for me to change my name to Wretched 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly the unicorn armor reminds me so much of the Barons of Hell from Doom and Doom 2, except with 1 horn.

All the kids on Halo 4 used to call it "Brony Armor" for whatever reason. That's a common "joke" I heard up until I stopped playing.

I don't get it.

EDIT: for the record I know what a Brony is, the cringe factor of the subject makes it vague as a form of humor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the kids on Halo 4 used to call it "Brony Armor" for whatever reason. That's a common "joke" I heard up until I stopped playing.

I don't get it.

It's easy to hate on something mainstream, and if you don't know what a Brony is your avatar is as ironic (not towards you necessarily but yeah) as it is funny. 

Go research Bronies and cringe hard and possibly want to shut yourself out from society. 

I don't get it.

I've unfortunately been given the knowledge that "Brony" is a term for an older male who enjoys the kid's show, My Little Pony.

The helmet has the horn and the two horse ears and everything. What a weird design.

It's easy to hate on something mainstream, and if you don't know what a Brony is your avatar is as ironic (not towards you necessarily but yeah) as it is funny. 

Go research Bronies and cringe hard and possibly want to shut yourself out from society. 

I know what Bronies are, unfortunately...

EDIT: Sorry that I brought up the subject.

I know what Bronies are, unfortunately, I just find the look more far too 'Gladiator' to find the comparison all that clever.

the cringe of that subject makes it unfunny to me anyhow.

EDIT: Sorry that I brought up the subject.

It's ok, You only killed like Half of my remaining brain cells. I think I'll live 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Horn makes me sad 

What Halo did you play?

This almost made me fall out of my chair 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Horn makes me sad 

I especially hate the helmet when people decide to wear it with brighter colors.

Annoying and looks like a crossover fan art.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I am really not sure on the single use REQ items. Unless I am  wrong they are consumed after one use and completely gone from your REQ collection afterwards, if that is the case I would be disappointed packing something legendary like Linda's sniper rifle and potentially only getting to use it once.

I am really not sure on the single use REQ items. Unless I am  wrong they are consumed after one use and completely gone from your REQ collection afterwards, if that is the case I would be disappointed packing something legendary like Linda's sniper rifle and potentially only getting to use it once.

once you get an item as rare as Linda's sniper, the chances of you getting that level of item again increases. If that alleviates some concern.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

once you get an item as rare as Linda's sniper, the chances of you getting that level of item again increases. If that alleviates some concern.

Makes sense and sounds a bit better, cheers. Legendary items probably wont be anywhere near as rare as I was thinking anyway

Certifications: Certifications are permanent REQs that, once unlocked, allow players to receive the corresponding single use REQ cards. There is a small possibility a player may receive one of these REQs without the corresponding certification but their chances are greatly increased once it has been unlocked.

I think it's that

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are new Capture the Flag details in the latest Community Update: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/community-update-required-reading

Here are some choice paragraphs: 

The number one way to work together is by protecting your flag carrier. In Halo 5, when your teammate grabs the flag, they can no longer sprint, and they move at 80% of the base movement speed. While not totally defenseless, they will require support to be able to survive the long run back to the base.

Protecting your flag carrier is only half the battle. When your team’s flag is taken by the enemy, you have to return it, but when the flag is pulled, the carrier doesn’t have a nav marker indicating where they are running. However, if you deal damage to the enemy flag carrier, you will “Spot” them for your team, showing the carrier’s position to your teammates for just a few seconds. Spotting allows teams to work together to find their stolen flag.

Your team can’t score unless your flag is safe at home. This requires your team to simultaneously play offense and defense in order to score. This mechanic leads to some intense standoffs where both flags are away, and your team has some tough decisions to make: Do you leave your carrier alone and hunt theirs? Do you stay with your carrier and play defensively? Or do you wait 10 seconds for the Sniper Rifle to spawn before pushing? Making the right decision in these tense situations will separate the good teams from the great.

The loadout for the flag carrier has been a point of contention among fans of the mode for years. We loved the offensiveness of the Flagnum in Halo 4 and decided to stick with it, especially with the flag-at-home to score mechanic. In these standoff situations, empowering the carrier with a gun allows them to help support their teammates that are trying to recover their own flag while also being able to defend themselves. However, for Halo 5, we removed the one-hit melee with the flag, and tuned the Flagnum to be the same as the Magnum, as we didn’t want to make the Flagnum overpowered.

Flag dropping and juggling is also back by popular demand! Due to the movement reduction while carrying the flag, it is indeed faster to juggle the flag. There is a downside to dropping the flag though: as with previous titles, when the flag is dropped, a nav marker indicates its position to the enemy team. When a player picks up the flag, there is no nav marker to reveal where the carrier is going. The carrier is not highlighted with a nav marker when they pull the flag, allowing them to sneakily run the flag back to base if so desired. 

Being able to drop the flag also gives players access to the weapons they had previously picked up. When a carrier sees an enemy, they can now decide whether they want to duel with the Flagnum or drop the flag and fight with a stronger weapon. The ability to drop the flag also allows players to toss or pass the flag to teammates in areas that would otherwise be inaccessible to the flag runner, allowing for lighting fast runs that require immense amounts of coordination, and perfect timing.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

There are new Capture the Flag details in the latest Community Update: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/community-update-required-reading

Here are some choice paragraphs: 

Hmmm, much better version of halo 4's CTF I must say, I wish however they offered a separate classic version without flagnum, 100% movement speed, and 1 hit kill melee, I believe the person holding the flag can still use thrusters so maybe the movement speed will be about right. Its important to note that the flagnum makes the idea of using magnum as the starting weapon much more viable, would be more "mainstream" you could say.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Flag dropping and juggling is also back by popular demand! Due to the movement reduction while carrying the flag, it is indeed faster to juggle the flag"

Thank god. I actually might not have played H5 at all if CTF was going to be ruined again.

Also its interesting to note that the "flagnum" is now really just the magnum. I could see this being interesting if you dropped your magnum mid run for rockets for w/e reason and just picked up the flag if you wanted a magnum to use.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so glad to hear flag dropping is back, as well as the "flagnum" being the same as a normal magnum.