CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did anyone else catch the slightly vague Ghostbusters reference here?

I did, it also reminded me of those awesome Hi-C juice boxes from when I was a kid, the Ecto Cooler ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does 343 like to give the visors a Party city plastic shine type of look? I swear, every Visor HAS to shine 2 different colors. Makes it look fake and cheap :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does 343 like to give the visors a Party city plastic shine type of look? I swear, every Visor HAS to shine 2 different colors. Makes it look fake and cheap :/

I liked Blindside, but the Sunspot visor looked like something Lady Gaga would design :/

Stalker actually was the closest thing to Reach's gold visor.

Why did they make a map with a fucking blinding sunset?

Because this is ART, Green.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why did they make a map with a fucking blinding sunset?

Because this is ART, Green.

The Visors on spartans are supposed to tone down extreme light sources! I WANT TO BE IMMERSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXTREME LIGHT SOURCES SHOULD NOT BE BLINDING ME IT IS NOT IMMERSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS MY IMMERSION??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Visors on spartans are supposed to tone down extreme light sources! I WANT TO BE IMMERSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXTREME LIGHT SOURCES SHOULD NOT BE BLINDING ME IT IS NOT IMMERSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS MY IMMERSION??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

It's lost in a sea of question and exclamation marks.

So, 343 makes a direct comparison with trading card games and makes a card system for Halo 5, but they leave out the trading part.

What

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, 343 makes a direct comparison with trading card games and makes a card system for Halo 5, but they leave out the trading part.

What

One day before Halo 5 is released, 343 reveals a single piece of information.

Not Forge, not Customs, not Multiplayer.

Card Trading.

@Sal1ent 

Have you guys ever even considered/taken a look at being able to trade some sort of currency/items on H5? 

At least that'll be one thing that Halo didn't copy from Destiny :P 

/jokes

• Upvote (+1) 4

What

I really do wish Halo 5 featured trading. In case I don't want something, but my friend does, we can just trade. It's not a BIG thing, given what's in REQ packs and all, but I just wish it was a thing.

Soon

So I was playing Crysis 3 yesterday and on the MP at the end of a game it does a few highlights of your game. I thought it would be cool if they did that for Halo 5, but have the highlights of the game overall, not just for you.

It could show some sick multi kills, exterms, snipes, ect.

That would be awesome to have on the Carnage Report page, either PIP or on its own tab. It could show the highest multikills and such as you mentioned.

What

I'd like to see an Madden Ultimate Team type marketplace with auctioning and the like. Maybe the worry with trading is just boosting with friends/between your own accounts. Not sure how they could regulate that.

What I'm trying to ultimately get across, is that "bloom" shouldn't be utilized over something like CE's system of doing things. When you have bloom, you have inevitable randomness as soon as you fire the weapon (As we see with automatics, like the SMG, or the DMR, in launch-era Reach). When you have CE's way of doing it for example, you can fire the trigger and from there, make the decision to either hammer that trigger or pace your shots, based on the situation, rather than hoping bloom doesn't randomly kill your accuracy. With the latter, you aren't immediately greeted with inaccurate spread, that rewards no one. :P

Would much rather have ODST's way of no bloom, and recoil which you had to control.

Recoil and/or Spread>>>>>>>Random bloom

bloom on automatics is the best thing they could do for automatics in halo. the reason why bloom was bad in the first place was because it rewarded players who just spammed the trigger, instead of you know, the ones that actually take their time and aim (which was the entire point of it to begin with) as for automatics though its a completely different story. Automatics, by their nature, are inconsistent and random. Putting bloom on an auto means that if you are close to someone you will still likely just spray them, but if you are far away or perhaps mid-range you can still do a little more, I see it being particularly good versus snipers, all it would do is add versatility to a weapon that surely needs it.

I think he's speaking in a more general sense of them trashing every design.

Point is why have these rare weapons when they last for such little time?

because they want you to keep playing for more, or more accurately, they want you to spend money. Warzone looks to be the mode 343i intends to make the most off of.

Halo follower is an official partner of 343 and Xbox.

I'm done.

Despite the lackluster quality of his videos, Halofollower is easily one of the most dedicated and persistent content creators for halo, he also happens to be the most popular, frankly from a business perspective he is easily the best option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I liked Blindside, but the Sunspot visor looked like something Lady Gaga would design :/

Stalker actually was the closest thing to Reach's gold visor.

I cant remember which one it was from the 4, but out of like 40, I did like the look of 1 multicolored visor. It might be blindside but i dont remember. ALL the others were all nasty.

especially the one tat was green but shined red... like wtf?

For the record, this is flat out spam. 

Stop.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Halo 5 is looking more fun everyday, and by far and away the best Halo (to me) since Halo 3. Still, there's a lot of shit that is bogging this game down. REQ system seems cool enough, especially if we can use those weapons in forge, and arena seems to definitely be taking feedback. Fingers crossed boys

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 is looking more fun everyday, and by far and away the best Halo (to me) since Halo 3. Still, there's a lot of shit that is bogging this game down. REQ system seems cool enough, especially if we can use those weapons in forge, and arena seems to definitely be taking feedback. Fingers crossed boys

That's how I feel. Halo 5 is looking really fun. I enjoyed the hell out of Halo 4 BTB, but I can only play that so much. I needed something competitive that worked, though. That's why I stopped caring about Halo 4 like everyone else. Halo 5 Warzone might be chaotic as hell, but I'm really looking forward to playing it every once in a while in between my Arena sessions. And the campaign... hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg  :grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's how I feel. Halo 5 is looking really fun. I enjoyed the hell out of Halo 4 BTB, but I can only play that so much. I needed something competitive that worked, though. That's why I stopped caring about Halo 4 like everyone else. Halo 5 Warzone might be chaotic as hell, but I'm really looking forward to playing it every once in a while in between my Arena sessions. And the campaign... hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg  :grunt:

The campaign is looking great. The longer the better. My only problem with arena that I know can be fixed before launch is how barren the maps are with weapons. Get some SMG's and BR's in there, seriously.

I'll be real, Warzone looks kind of boring to me, but the REQ system may actually get me to play it. As ******** as it looks, I want to use that lightsaber bayonet man. I WANT TO USE IT

In all honesty, the more I read about Halo 5, the more likely it is that I'll never purchase this game. They've taken a lot of elements out of the original fundamentals of Halo and added in a lot of fundamentals from other games, which in all honesty, are games I do not like. I'd hold hope out for Halo 6, but with all the mess ups that 343i has had, reality is, I'll probably just be disappointed again. In the end, I'm hoping they fix MCC, so I can enjoy a real Halo game again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

In all honesty, the more I read about Halo 5, the more likely it is that I'll never purchase this game. They've taken a lot of elements out of the original fundamentals of Halo and added in a lot of fundamentals from other games, which in all honesty, are games I do not like. I'd hold hope out for Halo 6, but with all the mess ups that 343i has had, reality is, I'll probably just be disappointed again. In the end, I'm hoping they fix MCC, so I can enjoy a real Halo game again.

the only outright screw up I see is sprint, even then you can disable it and enjoy some custom games without it, aside from that it remains fairly consistent with all the other halo's, not in terms of quality or anything but in terms of mechanics and fundamentals.