CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The biggest problem with me is that Reflex did just look like a poor man's Quake art style wise. I can't remember anything defining about that game, then again it's like in Alpha stages so it's not a huge issue right now. I do see it getting dicked by UT4 if they don't change the paying model.

You just gotta try it then. I mean when you are used to vanilla Q3 or QL the movement is really different when it comes to CPMA style trickjumps and aircontrol. Sure it needs time to get into all those movement options but once you learned them it feels really fluid and there are sick options that you can use ingame.

Also the option to host your own games makes it easy to play whatever map you want to. You can even edit while people play and/or edit with multiple people (don't think all that was possible in Quake). The only old map that stayed as a remake is CPM22 but the rest of the maps are new community creations and there is always a good amount of feedback from other players.

Think you just need to try playing it if you want to get into it. I was not sure at first but then I bought it when it was on sale for 5 bucks and I really got unto it. Hell it is even fun to just jump around on an empty map.

And yeah comming from playing Quake Live I had a good time without the stupid shit that was added with the steam update.

The REQ system on paper sounds interesting. This type of collectible system has proven to be successful in other games with both casual and hardcore players. It will be interesting to see if it translates well to Halo. For the sake of the HCS prize pool, I hope it does.

Not sure why this guy is getting negged so hard. If we rewind back to Nov 2014 I'm sure you'd all have a very different reaction. One announcement of a $1 million tournament and all of a sudden 343 are excused of all their short comings? As much as I would hate to see Halo fall flat on its face again along with HCS getting cancelled as a result, sadly this is really the only way for 343 to be dismantled and the Halo franchise going to another developer.

To me "fucking it up" is a bad thing, whereas "not fucking it up" is the better thing. So when people say they want 343 to fuck up, the first thing I think of is Halo 4. That was a fuck up, and why anyone would want that again is beyond me. Halo is not changing devs so hoping that 343 fails in the eyes of this community is just hoping that we are once again scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I'm sure Microsoft will put together a dev team that's honest and is for the people if they ever get rid of 343, it'll just be sunshine and rainbows! S/

To me "fucking it up" is a bad thing, whereas "not fucking it up" is the better thing. So when people say they want 343 to fuck up, the first thing I think of is Halo 4. That was a fuck up, and why anyone would want that again is beyond me. Halo is not changing devs so hoping that 343 fails in the eyes of this community is just hoping that we are once again scraping the bottom of the barrel.

for real though, I was thinking...what other dev team out there truly understands the core of halo?

If MS switches dev team for Halo 6, are they really going to make a Halo game closer to "Halo"?

Exmaple:  Dice + battlefront = from what I understand it's just like BF

• Upvote (+1) 1

The REQ system on paper sounds interesting. This type of collectible system has proven to be successful in other games with both casual and hardcore players. It will be interesting to see if it translates well to Halo. For the sake of the HCS prize pool, I hope it does.

I really hope it doesn't become a pay to win scenario where teams of nerds spend shit tons of money to stack up amazing cards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Spend $50 on REQ cards
  • Get Linda's Sniper Rifle
  • Spawn
  • Killed by Scorpion before firing a shot
  • REQT  :kappa:

Ya, but since there is no BTB im sure all the BTB kids will be playing warzone and you'l have 12 kids saving all their best req cards for when they play another team. At that point it essentially becomes a game of who spent more money amassing awesome req cards.

for real though, I was thinking...what other dev team out there truly understands the core of halo?

If MS switches dev team for Halo 6, are they really going to make a Halo game closer to "Halo"?

Exmaple:  Dice + battlefront = from what I understand it's just like BF

it's not battlefield but at the same time it really is a neutered battlefront game.

And remember ms wants halo to be around for 30 more years, if they pick a new dev, they're going to pick them based on how much they agree with that goal, not on how knowledgeable they are on halo

But if 343 fails with Halo 5, they'll be 3 for 3 emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28

• Upvote (+1) 6

So, can we pick up AI weapons and enemy player weapons in Warzone?

If so I probably won't be using a ton of Req's in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure why this guy is getting negged so hard. If we rewind back to Nov 2014 I'm sure you'd all have a very different reaction. One announcement of a $1 million tournament and all of a sudden 343 are excused of all their short comings? As much as I would hate to see Halo fall flat on its face again along with HCS getting cancelled as a result, sadly this is really the only way for 343 to be dismantled and the Halo franchise going to another developer.

None of us want to have to wait another 3 years to (maybe) actually play a good Halo again. It isn't CoD where there will be a new game next year. And getting rid of a developer is no guarantee the next one will be any better. We should try improving on what we have.

If 343 does fuck up again, then lets call for their heads and push for a new developer. But we shouldn't be hoping for that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There should be a system where we can bet Req points on the outcome of a match.

inb4 bet on other team and derank on your team lol

Halo follower is an official partner of 343 and Xbox.

I'm done.

Please God tell me this is a troll...

What amazes me more is how any if you care.

They're poisoning this franchise. How can people not care? They're way too well known and more popular than they deserve and I pray something goes wrong and this channel gets destroyed. I wish for it literally every day

But if 343 fails with Halo 5, they'll be 3 for 3 emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28

0 for 4.

Making HCE anniversary without real HCE multiplayer was a colossal failure.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This REQ system is silly. I guess we no longer need to fight over weapon and map control which is anti-halo.

I believe the thinking is that they all would get fired if halo 5 turns out to be bad.

But halo 5 has already turned out to be really bad ( you all just can't bring yourselves to accept what has been shown to you, like it has to bebetter somehow).

And they won't get fired. They will get bonuses. MCC should have taught you that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

YES.

Been waiting for that one.

I don't get how one person can witness assassination dance while the other is moving on already. Or is it that no one sees the dance?