CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

REQ packs are starting to grow on me 

I really liked how 343 implemented 

I think I might actually buy some eventually but we'll see

urban-scorpion-12b4316de3244fbcaa305b729

wow... Again they trash the OG scorpion design, something that was iconic to the series, in favour of an inferior, generic design, Wow. Its literally a giant middle finger to all the Halo fans around the world when they do stuff like this. I understand maybe changing the design to reflect 343 own choices, but at least come up wth something somewhat original.

Also, you're telling me in one 400 years from now we're still going to be using the same tank designs as we are in 2015? lmao. What a joke. Dat der immersion.

First the SPNKR now this. Unbelievable!

It's Fucking 343 and there's no way we getting our designs back 

although they still exist in the cannon/lore I think it's safe to say that they won't be the standard designs any more

Wouldn't that be user error? If someone thinks they can handle the world, and risks their shiny new weapon, only to die, or have the game end (Which is very hard to NOT notice, unless you lack awareness to a large extent) that was entirely their choice. Their loss.

Then what's the point of getting mythics/legendary when 

You'll burn it in 2 minutes in warzone,

Or you keep it in your deck of cards where no one can see it (I assume) 

Not saying legendary is bad, just saying that burning a rare card is not really worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was hopping in to post about how the REQ video was amazeballs and it's cute seeing the :salt: from the ultra haters.... Then saw this below:

Halo follower is an official partner of 343 and Xbox.

I'm done.

Wow. Just wow.

I guess that goes to show, even if you have a debilitating mental handicap, hard work and perseverance pays off.... Can't believe that Halo Follower asshat got this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope 343 realise that if that this game doesn't launch 100% this October, the HCS and the series again will be in shambles. I also wouldn't be surprised if the whole entire studio got laid off and replaced with a whole new staff entirely.

DON'T FUCK THIS UP.

I hope they fuck this up so hard. Just pls let them fuck up.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Wow. Just wow.

I guess that goes to show, even if you have a debilitating mental handicap, hard work and perseverance pays off.... Can't believe that Halo Follower asshat got this.

The Channel is popular 

From what I understand, HaloFollower is actually a group of people now, and the guy who used to run it alone recently came back (from wherever the hell) and is acting "more professionally" now.

Not really worth all that much but whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another dope Kouyuki post right here gents.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Success in a field, based on popularity alone is almost always never good success. (Perfect redundant sentence)

See - Kim Kardashian 

Modern 'success' is terrible

Just want to say Quake 3/QL is a bad example, its a 16 year old game with aged graphics with virtually no dev support(other than the recent QL update which further doomed it) and only lives on among hardcore players who dont want to move on from it because there really is no other better modern alternative(maybe Reflex? idk) and much of the remaining community have invested 1000's upon 1000's of hours into it and crush all the "mid-level" players leaving only the lions and lambs basically. I witnessed it first-hand with the steam release, the population increased for awhile but sure enough in about a month it went back to how it was before. ID has been irrelevant in the MP space since Quake 3.  A skill-based FPS can succeed in today's market, its just no developer has had the community backing, vision, and has really differentiated themselves from the status quo enough to make it happen like the devs on the MOBA side have done an exemplary job of. I fully expect either UT4 or Lawbreakers(not Quake, but "Arena shooters") to be popular games in time and fill that niche. 

Let's see it that way: The game is so fcking good gameplay wise that even after 16 years people play its multiplayer (regardless of the graphics) because there is nothing that really compares.

Well there is Reflex comming up but it is still early access. Anyways the devs of Reflex are doing a great job since they gave Blaze (some of you guys might know him, he forged Dispute when HCS Season 2 wanted forge maps), promEUs and me a beta build of the upcomming 0.37 version to playtest a CTF map that we built in the editor.

They really took their time (multiple test games were played) and talked to all 3 of us about the gameplay and what changes could make it play better. This is really the kind of developer that a competitive game needs. Gameplay is by far their top goal with Reflex and I highly recommend to check that game out.

Halo developer have other "problems" than gameplay. It has to look like CoD and they want stolen abilities of AW and Destiny. A game where immersion is higher on the developers list than gameplay can't really get competitive. They can put out everything gameplaywise (for example a pistol and an AR with the same TTK what a joke) and people are just going to buy and play it because it is Halo...

d9f4a0c56ecce60acdc7fb74b581331b.png

The letter reads " We'll see you online October 27th" . How do they know im not on the  #NoSprint side of the fence?  :kappa:

But seriously, I guess this goes some way to rebuilding my faith in 343 after the MCC showing. I won some minor but still cool stuff. Only 2,000 of the pins are made and they are heavy, detailed, good quality ones! I also got a follow from @Halo on Twitter and the Pro team signed the card for me!  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Let's see it that way: The game is so fcking good gameplay wise that even after 16 years people play its multiplayer (regardless of the graphics) because there is nothing that really compares.

Well there is Reflex comming up but it is still early access. Anyways the devs of Reflex are doing a great job since they gave Blaze (some of you guys might know him, he forged Dispute when HCS Season 2 wanted forge maps), promEUs and me a beta build of the upcomming 0.37 version to playtest a CTF map that we built in the editor.

They really took their time (multiple test games were played) and talked to all 3 of us about the gameplay and what changes could make it play better. This is really the kind of developer that a competitive game needs. Gameplay is by far their top goal with Reflex and I highly recommend to check that game out.

Halo developer have other "problems" than gameplay. It has to look like CoD and they want stolen abilities of AW and Destiny. A game where immersion is higher on the developers list than gameplay can't really get competitive. They can put out everything gameplaywise (for example a pistol and an AR with the same TTK what a joke) and people are just going to buy and play it because it is Halo...

The problem with QL isn't really the game, it's the developer. id has shown minimal support for the game and with the Steam update, they added loadouts, a mechanic that literally no one in the community asked for. This isn't new for id either. Ever since 1999, they've always didn't support their games well, which is the arguably the largest reason UT '99 gained so much traction in the post-launch period because Epic was continually updating their game while Q3: Arena players had to rely on modders. Yes, QL is great at its core, but id left a bad taste in everyone's mouth with the Steam update. And to id's surprise, it didn't help the population at all two months after the Steam release. They're probably scratching their heads right now thinking that they should have added killstreaks.

While id tries to be hip and cool, we have Epic making a true Unreal Tournament sequel with no bs, F2P, no P2W since everything purchasable is cosmetic, and the game is 100% open source with the community having access starting from the pre-Alpha. It's a perfect model and Epic is being very open during development with stream blogs and participation with the community on their forums.

The problem with Reflex is that it costs money. And nowadays for a multiplayer-only game, that's a large entry barrier. With UT4 being F2P and using the UE4 engine with it's modding capabilities, I don't see Reflex going to great heights. I have all respect for Turbo Pixel since they made a legitimate arena shooter (it's pretty much a Quake clone, but that's fine), but they need to bite the bullet and change their purchasing model if they don't want to wither away when UT releases. I would love to see the game go far since competition is great in any industry, but they need to make their game free with in-game purchases if they want to compete with Epic's financial backing of UT4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As the REQ system is basically a direct clone of Mass Effect 3's item system, I sure as shit hope that it's not going to be TOO inspired given that ME3's items were useless/redundant once you started running gold tier.

Not sure why this guy is getting negged so hard. If we rewind back to Nov 2014 I'm sure you'd all have a very different reaction. One announcement of a $1 million tournament and all of a sudden 343 are excused of all their short comings? As much as I would hate to see Halo fall flat on its face again along with HCS getting cancelled as a result, sadly this is really the only way for 343 to be dismantled and the Halo franchise going to another developer.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The problem with QL isn't really the game, it's the developer. id has shown minimal support for the game and with the Steam update, they added loadouts, a mechanic that literally no one in the community asked for. This isn't new for id either. Ever since 1999, they've always didn't support their games well, which is the arguably the largest reason UT '99 gained so much traction in the post-launch period because Epic was continually updating their game while Q3: Arena players had to rely on modders. Yes, QL is great at its core, but id left a bad taste in everyone's mouth with the Steam update. And to id's surprise, it didn't help the population at all two months after the Steam release. They're probably scratching their heads right now thinking that they should have added killstreaks.

While id tries to be hip and cool, we have Epic making a true Unreal Tournament sequel with no bs, F2P, no P2W since everything purchasable is cosmetic, and the game is 100% open source with the community having access starting from the pre-Alpha. It's a perfect model and Epic is being very open during development with stream blogs and participation with the community on their forums.

The problem with Reflex is that it costs money. And nowadays for a multiplayer-only game, that's a large entry barrier. With UT4 being F2P and using the UE4 engine with it's modding capabilities, I don't see Reflex going to great heights. I have all respect for Turbo Pixel since they made a legitimate arena shooter (it's pretty much a Quake clone, but that's fine), but they need to bite the bullet and change their purchasing model if they don't want to wither away when UT releases. I would love to see the game go far since competition is great in any industry, but they need to make their game free with in-game purchases if they want to compete with Epic's financial backing of UT4.

Yeah I agree. I meant the people that still play classic ruleset even if classic is not ranked (which sucks ofc). Only duel is ranked and has no loadouts so there is people playing it I think. And yeah it was such a shame that they just threw their good gameplay away to add stupid loadouts. And there is more that I don't want to get started about (HMG ect.).

ID sucks in general today I mean look what they did with Doom 4. My point was that people still remember Q3A just because it has awesome gameplay.

Well UT was never really my thing. I need strafejumping since it goes hand in hand with AFPS for me.

And I see what you mean with Reflex but I can't tell if anything is going to change. The game might look like a Quake clone (and it is a CPMA clone to some point) but it has its own feel to it and I think there is more stuff comming that will make it unique.

Here is a WIP screenshot of the CTF map that Blaze promEUs and I have been working on for the 0.37 update:

Kszl7G2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest problem with me is that Reflex did just look like a poor man's Quake art style wise. I can't remember anything defining about that game, then again it's like in Alpha stages so it's not a huge issue right now. I do see it getting dicked by UT4 if they don't change the paying model.

Anyway, on topic. When are we getting these Pro player gameplays???

• Downvote (-1) 1

The biggest problem with me is that Reflex did just look like a poor man's Quake art style wise. I can't remember anything defining about that game, then again it's like in Alpha stages so it's not a huge issue right now. I do see it getting dicked by UT4 if they don't change the paying model.

I'm gonna make a big guess that 343 aren't gonna spill beans until the first of October. We'll probably have to rely on whatever leaks are uncovered until then.

Can't confirm specific timing but will be in the next few weeks, definitely before launch.

Not sure why this guy is getting negged so hard. If we rewind back to Nov 2014 I'm sure you'd all have a very different reaction. One announcement of a $1 million tournament and all of a sudden 343 are excused of all their short comings? As much as I would hate to see Halo fall flat on its face again along with HCS getting cancelled as a result, sadly this is really the only way for 343 to be dismantled and the Halo franchise going to another developer.

I'm sure Microsoft will put together a dev team that's honest and is for the people if they ever get rid of 343, it'll just be sunshine and rainbows! S/