CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is it just me, or does the Urban Scorpion look like a whole new design?

We haven't really seen the standard Scorpion yet, but that looks like more than just a reskin.

Is it just me, or does the Urban Scorpion look like a whole new design?

We haven't really seen the standard Scorpion yet, but that looks like more than just a reskin.

The Scorpion itself has been redesigned, as seen in a vidoc awhile back.

Oh, look, color progresion from common to legendary that's not like Destiny AT ALL.

:kappa:

Are you suggesting destiny invented this system? :p

Just want to say Quake 3/QL is a bad example, its a 16 year old game with aged graphics with virtually no dev support(other than the recent QL update which further doomed it) and only lives on among hardcore players who dont want to move on from it because there really is no other better modern alternative(maybe Reflex? idk) and much of the remaining community have invested 1000's upon 1000's of hours into it and crush all the "mid-level" players leaving only the lions and lambs basically. I witnessed it first-hand with the steam release, the population increased for awhile but sure enough it went back to how it was before. ID has been irrelevant in the MP space since Quake 3. A skill-based FPS can succeed in today's market, its just no developer has had the community backing, vision, and has really differentiated itself from the status quo enough to make it happen. I fully expect either UT4 or Lawbreakers(not Quake, but "Arena shooters") to be popular games in time and fill that niche.

I hope Epic has a marketing campaign ready for UT4's release and not just launch it hoping it will get popular on its own without proper trailers and developer ran tournaments. MOBA games prove that people still want competitive games and if UT4 manages to reach out to a lot of people, it can be huge.

As for id, they're a lost cause.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope Epic has a marketing campaign ready for UT4's release and not just launch it hoping it will get popular on its own without proper trailers and developer ran tournaments. MOBA games prove that people still want competitive games and if UT4 manages to reach out to a lot of people, it can be huge.

The franchises legacy alone will be enough to kickstart interest at launch. It will have a lot of people's attention. If it's truly a great game it'll retain it and grow popular. Doubt it really needs a huge marketing campaign.

After that though it's up to epic to grow its popularity.

Oh, look, color progresion from common to legendary that's not like Destiny AT ALL. 

:kappa:

Every game ever has had this. Don't pretend like Destiny invented it rofl

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you suggesting destiny invented this system? :p

Destiny is literally a melting pot of different games.

I want to believe doom will be fun online, it has no sprint, but it also has loadouts...

The franchises legacy alone will be enough to kickstart interest at launch. It will have a lot of people's attention. If it's truly a great game it'll retain it and grow popular. Doubt it really needs a huge marketing campaign.

After that though it's up to epic to grow its popularity.

I wouldn't be so sure. We're in a time where a giant chunk of userbase's first game was CoD4, and they either moved to CS, MOBA, or stayed with CoD. They know of UT, but beyond that, they have no interest in it. I'm not saying Epic needs to have a Halo-level marketing campaign, just some quality trailers and a developer ran tournament to help show CS players that something more competitive does exists and there's a new game for it now. Presentation matters and a developer ran tournament will be a fantastic kickstarter for the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After watching that video I am a little more excited about customization. Now give me a gat damn forge video and I'll be good until release personally. 

EDIT: That Cthulu helmet though.. 'Mako Chthonic' 

I know this question has been answered but can someone tell me the best way to prepare for Halo 5?

Dew and Doritos

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know this question has been answered but can someone tell me the best way to prepare for Halo 5?

/nerd

Lan against yourself with a bunch of shadow clones 

/nerdoff 

In all seriousness i am pretty sure someone is going to just reply with 'by playing' just to keep the trend going. lol, I for one have no clue. Just do it - Shia Lebeouf 2015 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait I'm confused. What are premium members getting?

Sneak peek at some news coming soon for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does affect you, even on the first shot, bloom occurs. Makes it less consistent than a system like CE, or 3. I've been screwed out of kills, due to it, because even the MINUSCULE bloom dropped my accuracy enough to the point of missing one fatal shot.

Bloom: When you fire a shot, your weapon gets more inaccurate. In Reach this was represented by the crosshair "blooming". Bloom causes spread.

Spread: The inaccuracy of a weapon. When you fire a weapon and the shot does not go directly to the center of the crosshair. This is either caused by bloom or the weapon's natural inaccuracy.

The CE Magnum has bloom. This is noticeable when you're holding down the trigger. Tapping the trigger minimizes this bloom.

The Halo 3 AR has both bloom and spread. The spread comes from the initial inaccuracy from firing the weapon, while the bloom increases the spread when you hold the trigger. Bursting helps control the bloom.

>Sit Ups

>Push Ups

>Treadmill

>Punching Bag

>Screaming to let out all your frustrations

>Bicycle Marathon

>Play a round of golf

>Play Guitar Hero

>Consume Raw Eggs

>Green Smoothie

>Running up and down the stairs

>go to bed at approximately seven-o'clock and wake up at seven o'clock