CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, guys. That was Caps lock of excitement.

SMG was overpowered at Gamescom tournament because of the lack of bloom. Hopefully this means it is present for launch.

So long as the Urban Scorpion is just an option, I'm fine with it.

More (potential) options for Forge and Customs is a good thing.

Still awaiting news on the Legendary Magnum though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol. Cute cartoons with squeaky clean comic relief......XD Ohhhhh this only solidifies everything I've been saying

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Was this the info that premium members got early? ;) Or is that a different topic.

On another note, I'm actually quite excited and like what I saw today. Reminds me heavily of CSGO except without the random drops / limited number of drops per week.

Bloom is the one that promotes pacing.

Spread is simply the randomness of bloom.

I mean spread from something like Halo: CE's Magnum, or Halo 3's AR. The spread would kick in if you say, held the trigger down, whereas bloom affects you even IF you pace your shots, which isn't fair to the more patient player. Happened with Reach and the DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean spread from something like Halo: CE's Magnum, or Halo 3's AR. The spread would kick in if you say, held the trigger down, whereas bloom affects you even IF you pace your shots, which isn't fair to the more patient player. Happened with Reach and the DMR.

Wut? Bloom doesn't affect you if you're pacing. Like that's literally how bloom worked in Reach.

K so I'm going to be rocking bucks armor in mp that's for sure.

Bite me for saying this but I think HELLJUMPER body armor should have made the cut for Recruit instead of the current default set. ODST has always been a training standard, well, after the failed Black Body Suit for S-II's that is.

Bite me for saying this but I think HELLJUMPER body armor should have made the cut for Recruit instead of the current default set. ODST has always been a training standard, well, after the failed Black Body Suit for S-II's that is.

honestly, Athlon looks like a training set to me, it was also the first armor shown in that cgi trailer, would like to have started with that.

There are actually developers that focus on gameplay way more than 343 does. And when you play their games there is nothing that is just in it to steal fans from other games that feels really out of place...

What makes you so certain that the popularity of Halo as an esport relies on catering to the perspective of this hardcore niche? Even if they did do everything in their power to realize the vision of the competitive community (obviously this is not possible given the disagreements on the fundamental aspects of the game generation to generation) and you rallied back up to what competitive Halo was in it's prime you would still only have a mediocre esport. After that it's pretty much random chance as to whether or not it takes off casually, it's important to note that competitive Halo as a playlist has been floating out there since pretty much H2 and it hasn't taken off as one of the premiere experiences.

Modern success isn't based on how hardcore the game is, see Quakes popularity for instance. The audience en masse pays lip service to game mechanics being led with what is flavour of the month.

Also CSGO only goes so far as an example as far as developers listening is concerned. It was great they fixed the hitboxes this week, but did anyone ask them to nerf the m4a1-s into the ground (also what was their motivation for doing so?)? Did anyone ask them to add spiderman webs while defusing making it more difficult to fake defuse?

Just want to say Quake 3/QL is a bad example, its a 16 year old game with aged graphics with virtually no dev support(other than the recent QL update which further doomed it) and only lives on among hardcore players who dont want to move on from it because there really is no other better modern alternative(maybe Reflex? idk) and much of the remaining community have invested 1000's upon 1000's of hours into it and crush all the "mid-level" players leaving only the lions and lambs basically. I witnessed it first-hand with the steam release, the population increased for awhile but sure enough in about a month it went back to how it was before. ID has been irrelevant in the MP space since Quake 3.  A skill-based FPS can succeed in today's market, its just no developer has had the community backing, vision, and has really differentiated themselves from the status quo enough to make it happen like the devs on the MOBA side have done an exemplary job of. I fully expect either UT4 or Lawbreakers(not Quake, but "Arena shooters") to be popular games in time and fill that niche. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wut? Bloom doesn't affect you if you're pacing. Like that's literally how bloom worked in Reach.

It does affect you, even on the first shot, bloom occurs. Makes it less consistent than a system like CE, or 3. I've been screwed out of kills, due to it, because even the MINUSCULE bloom dropped my accuracy enough to the point of missing one fatal shot.

Holy shit... this announcement.. man, feel bad for those that aren't Premium, some legit shit. Good job Beyond. 

:weback:  :prayers:

:beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 1

CPJW9uBVEAEHpB2.jpg

I wonder what are the percentage chance of getting a legendary/mythic card is? 

Cuz if you spawn with nornfang (legendary) card, and the game ends like 10 seconds later (or you die), kinda wasteful no??

Taken from the bulletin

Mythic

Some legendary items are so rare and so storied that they transcend the standard rarity levels and are considered Mythic. Weapons such as Linda’s above Sniper Rifle, Kelly-087’s custom Shotgun and armaments of legend like the deadly Prophets’ Bane fall into this category, as do select cosmetic permanent REQs, such as the Helljumper helmet shown above.

cards were one of the most clever things about Titanfall, glad to see them adopting that system ... whatever will retain multiplayer population

cards were one of the most clever things about Titanfall, glad to see them adopting that system ... whatever will retain multiplayer population

taking that system and going balls to the wall with it as a matter of fact lol.

CPJW9uBVEAEHpB2.jpg

I wonder what are the percentage chance of getting a legendary/mythic card is?

Cuz if you spawn with nornfang (legendary) card, and the game ends like 10 seconds later (or you die), kinda wasteful no??

Taken from the bulletin

Mythic

Some legendary items are so rare and so storied that they transcend the standard rarity levels and are considered Mythic. Weapons such as Linda’s above Sniper Rifle, Kelly-087’s custom Shotgun and armaments of legend like the deadly Prophets’ Bane fall into this category, as do select cosmetic permanent REQs, such as the Helljumper helmet shown above.

You get everything outside of the game and you activate it when you have enough energy in game.