CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's the mode designed to make money through micro transactions to fund DLC and tournaments.

We should be thankful for Warzone and it's semi pay to win style.

It's not pay to win really at all though, but yes, I do agree in regards to funding tourney prize pools. 

Personally if I can purchase some cool skins for 2-3 bucks (Beyond skin, EG skin, etc) I'll be doing it.

Am I the only one that never did care about armor mods, only because a lot of them didn't affect you IN combat, or give you, or the enemy an unfair advantage? A lot only came in once the fight was done, which I didn't mind at all, and I didn't find there to be as much unpredictability to the fights, due to it. In my opinion, Halo 4 kinda did that right. *Shrug* If Halo 5 has them, w/e. It's far from the end of the world, assuming they keep the mods to roles that affect players out of combat. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one that never did care about armor mods, only because a lot of them didn't affect you IN combat, or give you, or the enemy an unfair advantage? A lot only came in once the fight was done, which I didn't mind at all, and I didn't find there to be as much unpredictability to the fights, due to it. In my opinion, Halo 4 kinda did that right. *Shrug* If Halo 5 has them, w/e. It's far from the end of the world, assuming they keep the mods to roles that affect players out of combat. 

They did have a noticeable effect in Halo 4. Explosive was the most annoying one where they will take less damage from grenades and their grenades were more powerful, and I'm saying that as someone who was force to use that since I saw it as the best option. The principle that everyone isn't on an equal starting field at spawn is the main problem.

They did have a noticeable effect in Halo 4. Explosive was the most annoying one where they will take less damage from grenades and their grenades were more powerful, and I'm saying that as someone who was force to use that since I saw it as the best option. The principle that everyone isn't on an equal starting field at spawn is the main problem.

Dexterity was just so OP and broken and nutty and insane and bonkers

Dexterity was just so OP and broken and nutty and insane and bonkers

Don't forget the ammo perk! 6 rockets was so fun to go against! Or like 16 sniper shots, that was fun too!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Spectator mode runs off the same theater stuff so I assume the last three are possible for at least Arena.

Accidental neg. Sorry Moa

As long as we can stick Warzone weapons into Custom Games and Forge, I'm a happy camper.

Aside from that, I'll probably treat it like Firefight, I.E. play it occasionally and then go back to normal matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 fanboy rap performed by Greenskull on his channel. With lyrics written by VinFTW.

Haha this made my day :rekt:

(my days suck tho)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some new Warzone Info from some random guy.  Interesting if true.

So I went to Gamestop yesterday to put another $100 on my H5 Console preorder. As I was there, I noticed Gamestop had a kind-of helper's guide to those trying to understand Halo 5, mostly the REQ system and Warzone.

In it, it was showing how to choose the weapons you want in Warzone, how to unlock REQ cards, what the REQ cards hold, etc..., etc... You get the point. We've been through this multiple times.

But the spotlight of it all was what the booklet showed.

When it showed how to choose a weapon in Warzone, it showed three Beam Rifles (two with skins, and the Beam Rifle does look like the Halo 4 version) and two Binary Rifles (one with a skin).

When it showed what you could get in your REQ packs, it showed:

The option of being able to spawn in with a power-up (Active Camo, Overshield, Speed Boost, or Damage Boost).

The option of spawning in with an Armor Mod (aka, the Perks from Halo 4). I unfortunately can't remember what the Armor Mod was that the booklet was showing as an example, but I do remember it wasn't an Armor Mod in Halo 4.

It also showed a new Assassination called "Sweeping The Leg".

So, very interesting. I figured the Beam Rifle and Binary Rifle were going to be in Halo 5, but I didn't expect being able to spawn in with a power-up in Warzone (though I did wonder how they were going to be in Warzone, if at all), and I definitely didn't expect Armor Mods to be making a comeback (and yes, they're only available in Warzone).

>spawn in power ups

>Armor mods

CiZ3hmt.jpg

Warzone is kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

THANK CHRIST ON THAT FIRST ONE. After playing Halo 4 a lot in the MCC, I can't STAND voting, because everyone ALWAYS PICKS BR STARTS. So damn frustrating. Glad it'll just be a "you get what you get".

Is this meant to be sarcastic? BR starts have no loadouts, perks, AAs and all that crap at least.

But I agree that the current voting system is awful.

Do you mean "perks" when you say "armor mods"? Because then I respectfully disagree. I played more of THE4 than I could be proud of. I was abusing the perks big time and I hate them.

Mobility: Whoever uses mobility gets the first OS, Rockets or whatever because he doesnt need to stop while going for it. I combined it with PV to see if other people are going for it as well.

Dextery: This one should be clear. Especially in Sniper battles it was a huge advantage.

Granadier/Explosive: This one I used the most when I played against good players. If you get a callout for example "weak in green" (the pit) you can spam 3 very powerfull nades in there, and with hit markers I also used it as an expanded radar.

Ammo: I used this in my mobility/PV loadout. 2 more rocket shots every time = 2 more kills every time. 4 more snipe shots every time = up to 4 more kills every time. 2 more railgun, beam riffle, incen can, 5 more fuel rod and so on... Clearly a very game breaking perk. Enemies also dont know that I have 2 more Rocket shots after I used 4 already.

Stealth: When playing doubles against good players you had to have this in your loadout because they had at least one player always PV whoring. But in this case its more the PV that ruins it.

Stability: Reduces flinch while in scope. No need to explain that this can be a huge advantage for long range battles.

Ordnance Priority: Well here its the ordonance that is broken and random anyway. But with this perk you have basically a good powerweapon every time. Combined with the perk to get faster ordnance.

Wheelman/Survivor: I had a loadout just for vehicles. EMPs didnt do much anymore and when I got lasered or whatever I survived.

All of them can effect the match massively and will on a higher level.

They weren't able to say too much since there hasn't been an official announcement, however apparently the tools are going to be a huge improvement over the current ones we have.

Statements like this make little sense. If there isn't going to be a full map editor, then how can forge experience any huge improvement?

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3jzc0j/so_i_got_to_play_halo_5_at_fan_expo/

Am I the only one that thinks a full map editor would kill all interest in forge?

Larger file sizes, less viewer/user friendly, no context when playing new maps, etc.

I never felt like a full on map creator/editor would suit Halo. Granted, Forge is missing some super important features, but I still prefer our current format.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one that thinks a full map editor would kill all interest in forge?

Larger file sizes, less viewer/user friendly, no context when playing new maps, etc.

I never felt like a full on map creator/editor would suit Halo. Granted, Forge is missing some super important features, but I still prefer our current format.

...Look. I think I can speak for just about every forger when I say that if I can place water in blocks, change lighting, and use terrain without fear of frame rate, that'll be a big win for forge. Lighting is already confirmed. The other two would hit it out of the park.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

The major appeal of forge is its accessibility. It's the noob-combo of level design, anyone can do it. Problem with it though, is that there is a very real ceiling of limitations to what more adroit level design enthusiasts can do with it. At this point, we've got forgers who have been studying and practicing level design for years. Many of the more experienced ones have hopped ship to work with real SDKs, but you could bet your sweet ass they'd be back in a heartbeat if their favourite game offered an SDK to work with. Having a more comprehensive level design tool would be boon to the Halo community....

If only the competitive community would get past their bias against designers... Because, you know, lacking the dexterity to play the game at the highest level means the individual lacks the ability to comprehend how a level will be played.

I feel like it's worth saying that after 3 games of popular voting essentially shrinking the map pool to a fraction of its real size I'm extremely glad to see Halo 5 revert to Halo 2's "just deal with it" method.

EDIT: Speaking of controllers, has anyone else seen the Razer Wildcat yet? I'm not sure I'm sold on the extra bumpers, but the additional triggers look quite nice and integrated chat control is a big plus.

So Halo 5 is supposed to be "sped-up" and "fast paced" right?

I had a game in CE on prisoner last night (yeah pub-stomping in team slayer, sure) finish to 50 kills in 3:08

My guess is that wouldn't even be possible in Halo 5 even if the other team was trying to help you.

Accidental neg, I totally agree

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the whole Greenskull/Halofollower thing.

I'd be interested in seeing a Team Beyond Youtube team. I think we have some really great minds here and it'd be cool to see them pushing out content similar to Greenskull/Halofollower albeit without the whole "fakeness" you get out of them.

Might not be in the stars, but I know I'd watch any videos TB puts out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Speaking of controllers, has anyone else seen the Razer Wildcat yet? I'm not sure I'm sold on the extra bumpers, but the additional triggers look quite nice and integrated chat control is a big plus.

It would be cool if:

A- It didn't cost as much as the Elite Controller

B- Razer products weren't made out of balsa wood and glass.

• Upvote (+1) 3