CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think the pistol is good right now but a 4sk pistol would be great. Better way to balance the weapons is to figure out wtf the utility weapon is and balance the weapons from that. Which I'm assuming is the pistol

The problem is that they don't want a utility weapon. That's why we are in this mess. They want all the rifles/pistol to be equal.

I don't want a 5 shot kill pistol tbh. I really don't competitive to be an AR fest. I don't mind AR and pistol starts but really don't want to have an AR fest.. hmm 

If they won't buff the pistol then they need to make the AR have the spread that it has in CE. That will limit it to close range. Or do that to the smg and give the AR less spread then that. Just make them more inaccurate dang it!

You want the pistol to be a rifle? Wonderful.

Well the thing is, that pistol IS the primary utility weapon right now, and if it is gonna stay that way, it NEEDS to be able kill long range. Or do we want Halo to be close range spray/thruster/melee fest (yeah throw some pound and charge in the mix) ?

The beta Pistol had a good niche.  It was strong in CQC but weak elsewhere.

Now they're trying to make it a utility weapon...without actually making it a utility weapon.  They might as well go the full mile and buff it.

No, I don't believe it would make rifles irrelevant.  Even after a buff the rifles would still have better range and be easier to use.  Of course I don't really care that much about the rifles being irrelevant in the first place because we don't need ten different rifles.

The role the pistol has is to protect you off spawn and that's it. 

• Downvote (-1) 5

PCQocxn.gif

acted more like the ce ar in that it had a very high rate of fire and large clip and ammo pool. Would also be more than the ce one, but not nearly as crazy as the saw.

If they won't buff the pistol then they need to make the AR have the spread that it has in CE. That will limit it to close range. Or do that to the smg and give the AR less spread then that. Just make them more inaccurate dang it!

I don't want a 5 shot kill pistol tbh. I really don't competitive to be an AR fest. I don't mind AR and pistol starts but really don't want to have an AR fest.. hmm 

Not an AR fest. 

SMG, maybe, but thats a different issue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not an AR fest.

I know your numbers homie don't worry, and I'm not saying the AR is that dominant now. I just want something that limits it's spraying potential. Like having to burst it. As of now you can just let loose and hold down the trigger even in medium range.

Looking forward to messing with the hydra in BTB. Anyone see in any warzone footage if tracking continues when someone gets into a vehicle?

The role the pistol has is to protect you off spawn and that's it. 

If it's supposed to do that, then it needs to be able to compete with every other "standard" weapon in almost every situation. You can't protect yourself with a weak weapon when more powerful ones are common across the map. It just doesn't work. Off spawn, you need to be able to reliably pose a threat to every other player on the map; that's when Halo works the best.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If it's supposed to do that, then it needs to be able to compete with every other "standard" weapon in almost every situation. You can't protect yourself with a weak weapon when more powerful ones are common across the map. It just doesn't work. Off spawn, you need to be able to reliably pose a threat to every other player on the map; that's when Halo works the best.

What the pistol, and the AR is doing together is decreasing the gap between you, when you spawn, and whoever just killed you, with a BR or DMR or whatever. 

It's not like when you have only an AR, and will get raped whenever you spawn. 

It's not like when you spawn with a standard utility weapon, and is most likely on equal footing with whoever killed you again.

With the pistol being as is, and the AR you are getting a little bit punished. You are not going to get get raped, but you are not on equal footing again. 

I can see what 343 is trying to do here. It's a thing in the middle of the 2 gametypes we are used to. I consider it a welcome change. 

Not an AR fest.

Point of ppl arguing about all this (loadouts, weapon ballance, etc) is that the gamescom tournament wasnt fun to watch. It was worse then that actually. Was it just the shotgun and smg though ? I dont think so.

Generally, we saw much less use of skill weapons and much more use of "casual" weapons. You can throw in the stats, but we all know what we saw and it wasnt fun. Pistol may not be weak but is far from being viable utility weapon for hi-end competitive play.

If H5 esports has to succeed, it needs to be fun to watch. Right now, i will take any Halo 4 event over that matchmaking i saw at gamescom. Ppl dont want to watch overuse of all kind of weapons, ppl want to see consistent utility weapon viable in any situation.

I am not saying that there needs to be only one viable weapon, nor do i know how it should everything actually work.

Tools are there though. Heck, ill even enjoy situational use of all that new abilities...if the overal gameplay promotes use of working utility weapon.

Point of ppl arguing about all this (loadouts, weapon ballance, etc) is that the gamescom tournament wasnt fun to watch. It was worse then that actually. Was it just the shotgun and smg though ? I dont think so.

Generally, we saw much less use of skill weapons and much more use of "casual" weapons. You can throw in the stats, but we all know what we saw and it wasnt fun. Pistol may not be weak but is far from being viable utility weapon for hi-end competitive play.

If H5 esports has to succeed, it needs to be fun to watch. Right now, i will take any Halo 4 event over that matchmaking i saw at gamescom. Ppl dont want to watch overuse of all kind of weapons, ppl want to see consistent utility weapon viable in any situation.

I am not saying that there needs to be only one viable weapon, nor do i know how it should everything actually work.

Tools are there though. Heck, ill even enjoy situational use of all that new abilities...if the overal gameplay promotes use of working utility weapon.

with the exception of clamber, a good utility weapon would be a remedy for some of the more negative aspects of the abilities, the flow wouldn't be so erratic due to the kill time being fast enough for sprint, thrust would probably be used in fights more often then it is currently or during the beta. Of course we would still need better item spawning and placement to get people to move more often and be in situations more often.

If they insist on making it the starting weapon it damn well better act like one.

You just said you want a rifle for a start weapon. Why have a pistol in the sandbox then?

Well the thing is, that pistol IS the primary utility weapon right now, and if it is gonna stay that way, it NEEDS to be able kill long range. Or do we want Halo to be close range spray/thruster/melee fest (yeah throw some pound and charge in the mix) ?

I have abundantly made clear what I want and why.

Heavy slow slug high damage pistol with accuracy / damage drop off beginning mid range to randomly useful long range to eliminate cross map pinging by the entire enemy team.

The problem is that they don't want a utility weapon. That's why we are in this mess. They want all the rifles/pistol to be equal.

Eh idk if that's entirely true

So far what I'm getting from my not so heavy analysis, it seems Pistol has the fastest Kill time, beating the BR. However BR is easier to use in CQC so it's preferred to use it in that range while the DMR is long range but very hard to use in CQC/mid because why use it when you have the pistol and/or BR

Point of ppl arguing about all this (loadouts, weapon ballance, etc) is that the gamescom tournament wasnt fun to watch. 

This is entirely subjective. I thoroughly enjoyed the gamescom gameplay. The only thing that bothered me was the SMG, Team Slayer, and only two maps.

Then that is on the casters for staying on SMG/Shotgun players far too frequently. Stats don't lie.

A powerful utility weapon is super important, yeah, but I like the weapon diversity. First time we have ever had this much non-power weapon diversity in competitive gameplay.

You just said you want a rifle for a start weapon. Why have a pistol in the sandbox then?

I want a weapon that acts like this; effective at range, single-shot, high-damage but difficult to use, 3 to 4 kills per clip.

I don't g.a.f. what it looks like, rifle or pistol. I'm not in charge of the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh idk if that's entirely true

So far what I'm getting from my not so heavy analysis, it seems Pistol has the fastest Kill time, beating the BR. However BR is easier to use in CQC so it's preferred to use it in that range while the DMR is long range but very hard to use in CQC/mid because why use it when you have the pistol and/or BR

Did you see the ttk page that someone (sorry I don't remember who) made? The BR only has like a .08 worse ttk that the pistol. It more than makes up for that with ease of use. The DMR has the same ttk as the pistol as well. How is it harder to use in cqc? Unless it somehow loses magnetism and aim assist the closer you get it's just people saying nonsense. The AR has the same ttk as the pistol too. Thy don't want utility they want equality which will probably lead to a lot of problems.

I hope they at least give us BR starts in BTB(don't care about Warzone). Pistol doesn't have the range and plus you have to constantly reload it.

I hope they at least give us BR starts in BTB(don't care about Warzone). Pistol doesn't have the range and plus you have to constantly reload it.

I could see this happening. BR/AR starts makes sense for 8v8 for the extra range. Would also put more value on BR skins since at the moment they are only good for Warzone.