CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is that why there's as many stories that do not star Chief as there are ones that do, if not more?

2 is as many as 5?

Edit: I should have said "Zero is as many as 5?" Because what I'm talking about here is Halo - which to almost everyone interested means the main title videogame and not anything else.

I could definitely see them killing off Master Chief and replacing him. It does fit in to their agenda of "adding their touch" to the series. The game is so different from other halos, it might as well be a spin off already.

if this was the case they wouldn't have brought him back in the first place.

2 is as many as 5?

Edit: I should have said "Zero is as many as 5?" Because what I'm talking about here is Halo - which to almost everyone interested means the main title videogame and not anything else.

If Halo 2 starred the Arbiter and Halo 5 stars Locke, then it's more even.

if this was the case they wouldn't have brought him back in the first place.

They killed off Cortana. Chief is next in line.

/tinfoil

I don't know what Blops beta you guys were playing, but smgs were so underpowered for a cod game. You guys complaining about "bunny hopping smgs" is a tad ridiculous seeing as the AR's were 10x more dominant. Oh and te shotguns were very weak too, they had very minimal range and damage. I don't get why you complain about the ttk being too low that is literally what Call of Duty is. If you don't like the ttk why the hell would you play it?

2 is as many as 5?

You said the UNIVERSE. The Universe extends FAAAAAAAR beyond the numbered titles.

They killed off Cortana. Chief is next in line.

/tinfoil

You don't actually think Cortana isn't coming back, do you?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know what Blops beta you guys were playing, but smgs were so underpowered for a cod game. You guys complaining about "bunny hopping smgs" is a tad ridiculous seeing as the AR's were 10x more dominant. Oh and te shotguns were very weak too, they had very minimal range and damage. I don't get why you complain about the ttk being too low that is literally what Call of Duty is. If you don't like the ttk why the hell would you play it?

What fucking beta were you playing?

• Upvote (+1) 2

You don't actually think Cortana isn't coming back, do you?

What if they're rescuing Halsey in the first mission in H5 to clone Cortana to bribe Chief to coming back to the UNSC :grunt:

For Halo 6's ending, I want Chief to go home, sit down, and have the camera fade to black.

No more fighting aliens, no more saving humanity, just lots of sleep and a natural death of old age.

But as the camera fades to black a Cortona cyborg slips off some lingerie.

What fucking beta were you playing?

They were so bad homie. The full auto one was terrible and the KRM had very low 1sk range as well as a low fire rate. It was very inconsistent as well. Yea thy might seem effective when people were sticking to close ranges and short sight lines but those shotties were not viable at all. The KRM is statistically similar to the AW Tac-19. That's terrible for a pump action shotty.

What if they're rescuing Halsey in the first mission in H5 to clone Cortana to bribe Chief to coming back to the UNSC :grunt:

There was so much foreshadowing that Cortana is coming back in Halo 4, it hurts.

1. Chief keeps on bringing up "We need to get Halsey!" Cortana says it won't work in the first part of the game but when the Chief brings it up in the later part of the game, she doesn't disagree with him about the idea. 343 wouldn't involve this B-plot if Cortana was actually going to die. Master Chief (and Osiris) trying to find Halsey for their own reasons will be a big part of Halo 5.

2. In the Halo 5 reveal trailer, he still has Cortana's chip. I'll bet good money that chip will come to good use in the future

Halsey: "I can't do it without her chip! It's over, Chief!"

MC: "Not yet." [hands her the chip]

Something stupid like that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There was so much foreshadowing that Cortana is coming back in Halo 4, it hurts.

1. Chief keeps on bringing up "We need to get Halsey!" Cortana says it won't work in the first part of the game but when the Chief brings it up in the later part of the game, she doesn't disagree with him about the idea. 343 wouldn't involve this B-plot if Cortana was actually going to die. Master Chief (and Osiris) trying to find Halsey for their own reasons will be a big part of Halo 5.

2. In the Halo 5 reveal trailer, he still has Cortana's chip. I'll bet good money that chip will come to good use in the future

https://youtu.be/2mCmBHEyr2I?t=1688

A reminder for everyone that Cortana's USB chip was destroyed and it makes absolutely zero sense for Chief to have the original.

https://youtu.be/2mCmBHEyr2I?t=1688

A reminder for everyone that Cortana's USB chip was destroyed and it makes absolutely zero sense for Chief to have the original.

There's still no way she's actually dead. 343 is going to use the Master Chief's will to bring her back (after he finds a way to do it/finding Halsey) as his motive to get back in the action.

Except that chip was destroyed entirely in Halo 4, making its presence in the E3 2013 trailer really weird. Not to mention, Cortana as we really knew her, died with that chip. Her only remnants afterwards were her rampancy spikes, and even if she somehow survived that initial blasting of her chip, she was subsequently nuked, and used her remaining power to save John, one last time.

"Cortana says it won't work in the first part of the game but when the Chief brings it up in the later part of the game, she doesn't disagree with him about the idea. 343 wouldn't involve this B-plot if Cortana was actually going to die."

I would agree, only for the fact that Cortana could've easily just been avoiding the topic around John, past her rampancy freak outs, like in Reclaimer, Shutdown, or Midnight. It's also very possible she didn't like to see John in distress, or didn't want that worry to be clouding his mind in other scenarios. To be honest, the Chief was acting semi-erratically when he learned of her rampancy; really pushing the idea of Halsey to avoid the fact that Cortana will most likely fade and die off, or be killed. He was in complete denial. Again, another reason to just pipe down and agree with it. Don't want your one shot at returning home to be driving himself to a post war depression because you, his one best friend, if not family in this time, will soon die.

I don't think we can really take the 2013 trailer as canon.

As for Cortana, I think she (or at least an element of her) has gotten trapped in the Domain.

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest something even more cliche:

The chip that Master Chief carries around is going to somehow deflect a bullet and save his life.

I don't think we can really take the 2013 trailer as canon.

As for Cortana, I think she (or at least an element of her) has gotten trapped in the Domain.

The design of the Guardian seems to have changed a lot since that trailer too.

Halo-Xbox-One-Reveal-03.jpg

h5-guardians-fp-campaign-battle-of-sunai

Except that chip was destroyed entirely in Halo 4, making its presence in the E3 2013 trailer really weird. Not to mention, Cortana as we really knew her, died with that chip. Her only remnants afterwards were her rampancy spikes, and even if she somehow survived that initial blasting of her chip, she was subsequently nuked, and used her remaining power to save John, one last time.

"Cortana says it won't work in the first part of the game but when the Chief brings it up in the later part of the game, she doesn't disagree with him about the idea. 343 wouldn't involve this B-plot if Cortana was actually going to die."

I would agree, only for the fact that Cortana could've easily just been avoiding the topic around John, past her rampancy freak outs, like in Reclaimer, Shutdown, or Midnight. It's also very possible she didn't like to see John in distress, or didn't want that worry to be clouding his mind in other scenarios. To be honest, the Chief was acting semi-erratically when he learned of her rampancy; really pushing the idea of Halsey to avoid the fact that Cortana will most likely fade and die off, or be killed. He was in complete denial. Again, another reason to just pipe down and agree with it. Don't want your one shot at returning home to be driving himself to a post war depression because you, his one best friend, if not family in this time, will soon die.

That could be it. Regardless, I don't think Cortana is "dead". Master Chief and Halsey are going to find a way to bring her back, because judging from re-watching that clip of the last mission (Cortana suddenly getting powers to magically still be a live after his chip was destroyed/suddenly having powers to create a bubble shielf to stop a nuclear bomb that's inches away, and she can now touch apparently because why not), 343 isn't shy of coming up with dumb shit on the spot to drive the plot. I'm not saying her revival is going to make sense, just that it's going to happen.

I'm hoping 343 will create a "Classic" playlist that removes all of the Spartan Abilities and keeps friendly fire. It would be enough to get me to purchase Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm hoping 343 will create a "Classic" playlist that removes all of the Spartan Abilities and keeps friendly fire. It would be enough to get me to purchase Halo 5.

Friendly fire is enabled in Arena. Disabled in Warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I'm curious to see how everybody feels now about Halo 5 after MCC launch. Back in November, pretty much everybody said they promise to never buy H5. Well since the hype train started, I want to see if anybody still stands what they said back in November. For me, I still won't buy it new or preorder but I'll probably grab a used copy a couple weeks after launch.

I don't want to buy it, but I feel like I'm forced to, to fill my Halo addiction. The biggest reason why I don't want to buy it is because MCC sucks, which is also the same reason why I do want to buy it, to have a working Halo game other than Reach. Have played way too much Reach and I'm ready to move on to a new Halo title that works and is playable. The worst part of buying this game will be supporting 343 Industries, after they've screwed us over with Halo 4 and MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2