CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You're saying that over one trailer? Unless Rod himself tells us that Marcus and the boys are gone, then it isn't the case at all.

It's obvious that the team is just split up in that gameplay presentation and Marcus is elsewhere but still the main character. Similar to Gears 3. 

It's also good for meta-analysis of how winning and losing teams execute. If we had an API into the stat tracker, we could potentially run some very interesting data projects.

COUGHHEYJOSHCOUGH

I can only dream about this API...343i please look at Bungie with their Destiny API if you guys plan on doing a H5 open API for community devs, it's glorious and the possibilities are almost endless.

They might not be gone but they might not be the focus of the game, else they would have at least mentioned Marcus in it.

Wouldn't be surprised if GoW4 is doing what H5 is doing.

Couldn't care about Marcus, I will be more pissed is Cole/Baird aren't there. Anyways, enough about GoW.

Just want to go on record to say that despite praising the Blops beta trailers a few weeks ago, I played it last week and thought it was the dumbest shit ever. Everyone was either running around with SMGs or climbing on walls like fucking Spider Man and chaining into super moves. The maps had a bunch of invisible walls everywhere, so it didn't feel intuitive to move around. The movement felt clunky anyway and everything looked convoluted. And of course, the TTK is so low so it's still a see-first shoot-first game. It's CoD in other words. 

The bow was still cool though. 

I agree.

In my case, I thought it was just me adjusting to the Beta, but then everything devolved into a mess of Shotgun-SMG bunny-hopping nonsense.

The slow player speed meant that unless you were constantly thrusting or wall climbing, you were vulnerable. However, the clunky vertical movement felt like shit, and as a result, the game felt like shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can only dream about this API...343i please look at Bungie with their Destiny API if you guys plan on doing a H5 open API for community devs, it's glorious and the possibilities are almost endless.

@@Sal1ent confirmed there's gonna be an API.

That's not true. Chief is incredibly important and we love him, but the Halo universe is bigger than any individual character.

To the Halo community that may be the case, but for people who aren't that big fans of the series they most likely won't know who Romeo is or who Del Rio is. However they more than likely know who Master Chief is.

I dont want Chief ever to be replaced :/

I get that from their story perspective, and where they are taking his character and journey, he'll get too tired and too worn to keep going. 

Just wouldn't feel like Halo without the Chief. 

Just gonna sit here and wait for Chief to be cloned or something.

Then the story can take a Metal Gear Solid turn.

I mean so far we've had a war hero disarming a super-lethal weapon of mass destruction over and over, so we're almost there.

Chief could die in Halo 6 and 'Halo' could continue past Halo 6 being a new Halo. It would make sense with the 3 game contract or whatever 

If Chief dies Halo is dead to me. I get Halo is bigger that any one person, but not to me! Chief is the man, not Locke, not Buck, but Chief. Of course that's my opinion! I think Halo has about run it's course -- for me -- and hopefully MCC will be fully functional plus the addition of backwards compatibility I'll have that go to for a Halo fix. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could definitely see them killing off Master Chief and replacing him. It does fit in to their agenda of "adding their touch" to the series. The game is so different from other halos, it might as well be a spin off already.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 6

For Halo 6's ending, I want Chief to go home, sit down, and have the camera fade to black.

No more fighting aliens, no more saving humanity, just lots of sleep and a natural death of old age.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will you unblock me from twitter? It's been 3 years. I've changed.

This is funnier to read if you pair it with your avatar.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is funnier to read if you pair it with your avatar.

haha Why? The actual picture or caption?

To say Halo is bigger than Chief is ridiculous.

The entire universe of Halo exists to see how Chief will react to it.

Much like the whole Bond universe exists to see how James Bond will react.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For Halo 6's ending, I want Chief to go home, sit down, and have the camera fade to black.

No more fighting aliens, no more saving humanity, just lots of sleep and a natural death of old age.

The closest thing he has to a home is a cryo-tube.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To say Halo is bigger than Chief is ridiculous.

The entire universe of Halo exists to see how Chief will react to it.

Much like the whole Bond universe exists to see how James Bond will react.

Is that why there's as many stories that do not star Chief as there are ones that do, if not more?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

For Halo 6's ending, I want Chief to go home, sit down, and have the camera fade to black.

No more fighting aliens, no more saving humanity, just lots of sleep and a natural death of old age.

Lol @ anyone thinking H6 will be the last one. Microsoft will keep milking this franchise as long as the xbox is around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol @ anyone thinking H6 will be the last one. Microsoft will keep milking this franchise as long as the xbox is around.

I'd like more Halos. ODST and Reach showed us that we can have good FPS Halo games that don't completely involve Master Chief.

I just want MC to have a good ending to reward him for his crappy life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want him to take off his helmet and look at the camera. 

That's never going to happen. Master Chief IS Halo.

I've never been able to find the original source of this (it was from 2011 or so) but 343 Industries know that people play Halo's campaign because of the Master Chief, hence why we get a brand new trilogy of games relating to him and not multiple spinoffs.

That's not true. Chief is incredibly important and we love him, but the Halo universe is bigger than any individual character.

http://gamerant.com/halo-4-master-chief-robk-95413/

Phil Spencer:

"The key question for me in managing the studio and the creatives is ‘what is Halo?’, making sure Halo lives up to what I think gamers fell in love with… What does that mean? Playing Master Chief. We kind of lost our way a little bit, I’ll say. And that’s why I wanted to make sure that at the unveiling of Halo 4, you knew you were playing Master Chief, that John was back. Because Master Chief is the John Wayne character of that universe, and that’s who you want to play.”

• Upvote (+1) 9

Well, I've learned at least one thing today.

When Josh Holmes says "soon," he means it. :halo: