CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not ONE person in Halo opinion history has ever asked for a RESKINNED ADS

You thought Destiny's "Share-World shooter" line was bad?

343i's "Smart Scope" is worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember, this isn't the game we get in a year. This is a beta, a REAL beta. It isn't, oh here, this is all you're getting, and we MIGHT tweak some stuff, if you're lucky. 

Dear God this looks like a clusterfuck.

The game is just fucking COD now. Literally the entire thing just looks like COD. There's nothing at all that looks like Halo in the mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ADS is just a reskinned zoom. If anything, it makes ranged combat more difficult.

Abso-fucking-lutely NO.

It looks stupid as shit. I guarantee you put a poll up and at least 85% will agree it looks worse then before. I don't care if it doesn't DO anything, that is just more reason to remove it. It serves no purpose but to look absolutely fucking stupid and makes no sense in the Halo world. All it does it clutter the screen even more and look less futuristic and more like an Advance Warfare game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just from things I'm reading online, I think if you sprint, there is a penalty to shields recharging.

Just a suggestion off the top of my head to keep this from getting too chaotic and more skillful: I think they should add a penalty to shields recharging when you use the thruster pack as well and if you sprint or thruster you shouldn't be able use the other function for 5 seconds. Basically, they should share the same charge meter but you can pick and choose what you want to do. 

Did anyone else think all the chatter Spartans do reminded them of CoD waaaay too much? It honestly annoyed me that they went into so much detail trying to mimic modern shooters lol

Thruster pack should let you shoot while thrusting

• Upvote (+1) 2

What in the fuck is 343 doing??

It's like they didn't even listen to us or learn from Reach and H4 failing miserably.

I thought Bravo, Neighbor, Ghost and Dersk were there to help; I mean, do they approve of sprint and AA?

The amount of talking in the game from that voice actor, which isn't good imo, is too much. You don't need to tell me when the game is 10 kills away or how many people are dead. I have eyes and team mates for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm gonna play the shit out of this beta. And not because I think it's good. I don't even know what to think at this point. Is this really Halo? Is this really what it has become? Regardless, if there's even the slightest chance of some of this shit being fixed or just taken out entirely, then I'm gonna be one of those people giving 343 that kind of feedback day one.

I don't really care about this whole "it's a real beta" hype, because even though it is the kind of beta we've always wanted, that doesn't guarantee anything. That doesn't guarantee 343 will take what anyone has to say to heart. Or they just decide to listen to the people that agree with their decisions. But I'm gonna try anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it looks like a good game, that can be enjoyable.  It just doesn't look like a Halo game...but like someone earlier stated, what is a "Halo" game nowadays? I know WE all consider Halo to be, but with so many iterations, it's a bit jumbled.

It definitely looks fast paced and if balanced I think can be fun.

I say this because we now have the MCC.  I can literally go play Halo CE, 2 and 3 and confident these will be popular for a LONG time.  I'll probably pick this game up when it comes out, but will I really consider it "Halo"? Probably not, even though it has the Halo name on it.  It looks like a new arena game in a genre that is basically non-existent today.  

It appears 343i knows how to make good games that are fun, but they can't make a "Halo" game.  Although it is almost 100% coming from Microsoft upstairs...

I know halo players usually complain that since Reach they've been trying too hard to get the Cod audience into Halo, but this game is literally Cod. I don't even know what to say. Without having played it, what I saw just completely pissed me off. I was just starting to get excited after seeing how H2A was. I don't understand, it seemed like they understood Halo and were going in the right direction...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bravo is a Playlist dude last I checked. The rest are QAs, you should seriously not expect them to have enough power to remove sprint, climbing, etc

I don't know why so many people here thought that #theygetit because they hired pros lol. They don't have much power and that vidoc about classic halo and how awesome it is is complete bull after watching that video

Game still looks semi ok though if you think this is just Hola, some new AAA title

After checking these forums almost religiously since this sites inception and the first forum I've ever bothered to post in i think I'm done with this community. I hope 343 just ignores reading these post honestly. Y'all need to just admit y'all won't be happy unless it's carbon copy of halo 1/2. (Halo 2 was my first love btw)

Clearly there's some things that need to be tweaked and will be but this game has the potential for a huge skill gap and looks Very fast paced.

I can't wait to play the beta and I'm going with hold my opinion of it till I get to play it.

Keep an open mind! We are getting to play the game a year before it comes out so there will be time to make changesdan

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Beta is not the big picture. The fact 343i even did this is the big picture. Shows they don't get it.

343i simply does not have the capability to make a good Halo game. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know halo players usually complain that since Reach they've been trying too hard to get the Cod audience into Halo, but this game is literally Cod. I don't even know what to say. Without having played it, what I saw just completely pissed me off. I was just starting to get excited after seeing how H2A was. I don't understand, it seemed like they understood Halo and were going in the right direction...

This - go watch Ace's stream of CoD they almost look like the same game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly all I care about is removing that god awful ADS skin and just remove sprint already and make the map normal size. If you can't shrink the maps at this point then just increase base speed or put in double tap dodging or strafe jumping like UT/Quake. Anything more skill oriented then fucking sprint and huge maps.

The rest I don't care about and I'm sure could be toggled or balanced.

OH and that FOV is HORRIBLE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Using an AA should have some sort of penalty to it or something...I know they said you can't recharge shields while sprinting, but you should lose your shield too while sprinting.  Similar to when you have OS in H3.  

The climbing just looks god awful in a Halo game.  Like I said, looks like it can be a good game, but climbing in Halo? Ugh...

After checking these forums almost religiously since this sites inception and the first forum I've ever bothered to post in i think I'm done with this community. I hope 343 just ignores reading these post honestly. Y'all need to just admit y'all won't be happy unless it's carbon copy of halo 1/2. (Halo 2 was my first love btw)

Clearly there's some things that need to be tweaked and will be but this game has the potential for a huge skill gap and looks Very fast paced.

I can't wait to play the beta and I'm going with hold my opinion of it till I get to play it.

Keep an open mind! We are getting to play the game a year before it comes out so there will be time to make changes

Again, why does a game need to evolve? It's especially baffling to have this mindset when most hardcore Halo fans are so diehard they would happily buy a new Halo game each year if they just reskinned it and added (good) new maps. We don't need new gameplay mechanics. We've all been playing a similar core game for ages, and not once did we think 'this is great but getting stale'. The only thing that gets stale is if a game fails to be competitive. Because... you know... competing is 99% of the fun in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1