CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So finish it. One of the few top-tier PC games. Yes it's on Xbox and PS4 but it's trash on both of those. On PC it's magnificent.

It isn't trash on anything, but okay lol

It isn't trash on anything, but okay lol

You're right, it's not. It really isn't. It's a fantastic game on all platforms.

But graphically, playing it in 1440p 60fps on Ultra is incredible. On 900p Xbox One at 30fps it is merely "decent". 

But graphically, playing it in 1440p 60fps on Ultra is incredible. On 720p Xbox One at 30fps it is merely "decent". 

This is huge wow

You're right, it's not. It really isn't. It's a fantastic game on all platforms.

But graphically, playing it in 1440p 60fps on Ultra is incredible. On 720p Xbox One at 30fps it is merely "decent".

it's 900p on Xbox I believe.

It's fine to want a better gaming experience. I'm referring to the guys who don't own consoles because they "aren't powerful enough" but then complain about all the console games they're missing out on. I'm just thinking "...why didn't you buy a console then?" 

The exception to this for me is with games like the Halo Spartan Assault/Strike stuff. Nobody is going to buy a Windows tablet or device to play that, so they're limiting their audience by making it mobile only. 

Well people don't think its worth it to shell out $400 for a $60( especially if that game is broken on launch ), and it is pretty shitty to limit the game to one platform. Its still grounds for complaining though. Also don't under estimate the player base of PC players playing AAA games. Ubisofts sales is mostly PS4 but PC come in at a very close second place and Xbox comes in third, so much for being pirates. Makes sense to me to put in the extra work for a good PC version to get the extra revenue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's 900p on Xbox I believe.

You are correct, my apologies. Let me edit.

Let me also apologise to contributing to the de-railing of the thread. I'll go back on topic now.

Overwatch, CSGO, Lawbreakers, UT4, vs Destiny, Titanfall, Halo 5, CoD 20(because nobody really plays that on PC), and Gears of War. Which is the better MP line-up? Admittedly, PC had been lagging behind some in the shooter department mostly in the mid-late 2000's, but that is no longer the case. Open platform, devs who care about MAKING games for e-sports(collaborating with the community to make the game like Epic and Boss Key are doing) and not just throwing money at it, lesser barrier to entry with alot of big games turning to F2P models, long term core communities, ect.. there is alot of reasons to believe PC will prosper in the future and consoles will continue to under-perform and underwhelm with supposed "console sellers".PC has already over-taken console's popularity wise and has vastly more depth of in game library and quality core games currently, plus Steam which is the best game distribution service for convenience and value in the industry. I still have my Xbone, but it  has been collecting dust recently and I dont see that changing much in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Overwatch, CSGO, Lawbreakers, UT4, vs Destiny, Titanfall, Halo 5, CoD 20(because nobody really plays that on PC), and Gears of War. Which is the better MP line-up? Admittedly, PC had been lagging behind some in the shooter department mostly in the mid-late 2000's, but that is no longer the case. Open platform, devs who care about MAKING games for e-sports(collaborating with the community to make the game like Epic and Boss Key are doing) and not just throwing money at it, lesser barrier to entry with alot of big games turning to F2P models, long term core communities, ect.. there is alot of reasons to believe PC will prosper in the future and consoles will continue to under-perform and underwhelm with supposed "console sellers".PC has already over-taken console's popularity wise and has vastly more depth of in game library and quality core games currently, plus Steam which is the best game distribution service for convenience and value in the industry. I still have my Xbone, but it  has been collecting dust recently and I dont see that changing much in the future.

I could see Overwatch going to consoles though. Diablo did. Well I hope it does. 

I would like to see MatchMaking on PC more. CSGO has a good system, thats one of the things that can make PC "more into the action" also makes it easier to get a party of friends and not worry about switch over to the right team. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

consoles still have things going for them, they certainly are lagging in areas they hadn't necessarily lagged in previous generations.

For ps4, they released far too early

For Xbox, they released far too early, AND had don mattrick.

If consoles want to stay relevant, a good area to focus on is performance, both visually and interface wise. They can't be mid level and choppy, they need to be slick and powerful.

Imagine a Halo game with a custom games server browser...

Glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Imagine a Halo game with a custom games server browser...

Glorious.

MatchMaking Ranked

MatchMaking Casual

Customs games private

Custom games open to a server browser

How hard is that? 

P.S. Halo 1 PC has a server browser, with the usual caveats of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to see MatchMaking on PC more. CSGO has a good system, thats one of the things that can make PC "more into the action" also makes it easier to get a party of friends and not worry about switch over to the right team. 

Yea MM is an aspect that can definitely be improved in the new PC FPS games, but I really do enjoy seeing a full list of servers readily available to me(modded and regular) when I log-on and I think that is a vital aspect of the "PC" experience(FPS in particular). For those that are not that familiar with traditional PC FPS communities, its sort of more like the H2 XBL days when everyone played customs instead of ranked for awhile because of the modding(without an actual custom game browser which I still say is a key competent of a vibrant core FPS community), a strong core community with tons of people playing together with friends every-day in the same lobby for hours on end and experimenting in custom games doing glitches and other fun things like Warthog derby on Foundation with no time limit was the result.

It may not have been more convenient but the core community was much stronger and people were more likely to be nice to each other seeing as how you HAD to be nice or else you'd get booted from the lobby. I can say for sure  I wouldn't want PC to become overly focused on instant MM and boosting e-peen stats like XBL/PSN, where the average user starts having an ADD panic attack if they cant press one button and find a match in under 30 secs. There is positives and negatives to both, but for core FPS community building custom server browser/clans/ranked MM would be optimal. Hopefully Josh Menke can hit that sweet spot if he works on Overwatch's MM and server systems(which I assume he will).

• Upvote (+1) 2

consoles still have things going for them, they certainly are lagging in areas they hadn't necessarily lagged in previous generations.

For ps4, they released far too early

For Xbox, they released far too early, AND had don mattrick.

If consoles want to stay relevant, a good area to focus on is performance, both visually and interface wise. They can't be mid level and choppy, they need to be slick and powerful.

I would say any comparison between Xbone and PS4, especially during release, is unfair. Because we had Don Mattrck  :kappa:

I would say any comparison between Xbone and PS4, especially during release, is unfair. Because we had Don Mattrck  :kappa:

Without Don Mattrick and had Phil Spencer from the start

I believe Xbone would be ahead by 1.5:1 right now

Overwatch, CSGO, Lawbreakers, UT4, vs Destiny, Titanfall, Halo 5, CoD 20(because nobody really plays that on PC), Gears of War

If it's FPS list wars then I would choose Xbox line up anyday of the week

But if it's E-Sports we're talking about 

League of Legends 

Dota 2

Starcraft 2 

CS GO

Smite

and countless others

Xbox doesn't even matter 

Can't we just increase base movement speed to match sprint speed and then make a "no sprint" ruleset. That seems like the best way to counter the "maps are designed around sprint" argument as well as "sprint is only defensive". I feel like this would be the best solution.

Depends on what the delta (percentage change between sprint and base) variable is. If it's 15% or less, we can definitely do this. We used a 10% base buff before in Halo 3, don't see why we couldn't do it again.

The cool thing if we do this, is we could keep sprint turned on even though it adds zero to next to nothing increase to speed, is that we can still use the slide ability. Personally, I like the slide. It adds depth to the game. Sliding around a corner and getting the first shot while the opponant wiffs as they were aiming higher is hilariously satisfying.

I like how battlefield does mm. You can just choose quick match or find a server that fits your needs

his delivery was infinitely better than anything mike colter gave.

Am I the only person here that actually likes Mike Colter? Looking forward to seeing him play Luke Cage in Marvel's next Netflix series.

• Upvote (+1) 1