CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Seems unlikely it had a massive impact considering they also massively reduced the amount of ragdoll dead bodies have.

I don't see how that has to do with the bounciness of grenades though, it should have just been a physics change when grenades come in contact with dead bodies.

There is a video in which the speaker explains how they developed the Reach netcode.

I shot you first

The assassination dance was also very interesting.

As a PC Master Racer, I point and laugh at your bigger number console war spec comparisons.

I find console spec wars meaningless.

Genesis vs SNES, N64 vs PS1, Gamecube vs PS2 vs Xbox, PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii...

It's an endless and pointless battle that's been looping itself for decades.

(And yes, I did run out of Greenlight games. Help, please.)

Well it's no different than kids arguing about getting Nvidia or AMD.

Don't some people think that the reason why it's called the Reclaimer "Saga" instead of trilogy is because it's going to be more than three games?

Well we know for a fact they are making Halo 5 and Halo 6, beyond that we don't have anything confirmed, so I only say H4-6 because we know they are being made.

(Even though we also know there will be more Halo games... I'm just talking about confirmed projects, if ya feel meh  B) )

Well we know for a fact they are making Halo 5 and Halo 6, beyond that we don't have anything confirmed, so I only say H4-6 because we know they are being made.

(Even though we also know there will be more Halo games... I'm just talking about confirmed projects, if ya feel meh  B) )

it's probably 3 main games, a spin off or two, comics and books, possibly the TV show run by Spielberg.

The difference is that PCs generally overpower consoles within a year or so after their initial release, and that power gap keeps growing while the power of the consoles stay static until the next cycle comes along.

Watching console spec wars is like being a governor and watching two mayors bicker over whose city is better.

it's probably 3 main games, a spin off or two, comics and books, possibly the TV show run by Spielberg.

Yeah that's a good point. That sounds solid because anyone interested in this specific story or time can fulfill that interest by looking into the other mediums while they can start on something totally different for the next game.

I find console spec wars meaningless.

Genesis vs SNES, N64 vs PS1, Gamecube vs PS2 vs Xbox, PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii...

It's an endless and pointless battle that's been looping itself for decades.

(And yes, I did run out of Greenlight games. Help, please.)

Have you finished The Witcher 3? If not, get to it.

We haven't had a game set in the ancient Forerunner-Human empire so that's always a possibility...

Some vent online about the real issues with the gaming industry post-2007, others would measure dicks to what platforms they use.

What's new under the sun?

We haven't had a game set in the ancient Forerunner-Human empire so that's always a possibility...

Oh yeah that's super interesting! It would be SO different from every other Halo game in terms of lore and weapons and characters and species and story and omg that would be wild! lol  :ghost:

As a PC Master Racer, I point and laugh at your bigger number console war spec comparisons.

You do realize Im probably the biggest PC supporter here, but when it comes to facts or educated conjectures I make no jokes. The PS4 does have very meaningful graphical gains, still though I always side with PC.

AMD does have very good news with DX12, the native A-syncronus support is giving it good gains over Nvidia. AMD adds alot of future support built right into their cards, its both good and. Nvidia is pretty good at planned obsolescence,they are always adding new tiny little features that you just gotta have every year.

I laugh at the fact that you're replying in a thread about a AAA Xbox Exclusive. What, run out of steam greenlight games to waste time on?

Those green light games kept me busy while MCC was being a pile of broken code lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll never understand "PC master race" people. Look at all that money you spend on a high end rig, only to beg for ports of console games. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Happy to see this.

Now we just need to see some spectator improvements.

Scoreboard in upper right, map with dynamic player emblems/movement in upper left with the player card showing weapons and stats on bottom middle. 

Didn't they mention they were doing that awhile back? I remember them saying something just like that but it didn't get much attention.

Regardless it's great news to get confirmation for it!

If 343 didn't like chief, or wanted to kill him off, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have brought him back in the first place.

Killing Chief would have repercussions for Microsoft's entire gaming identity, not just Halo. For many, he's the face of Xbox itself.

Chief's never going away until Xbox does.

Then again, with 343, I never know. Just because something is a bad idea doesn't mean they won't do it . . .

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll never understand "PC master race" people. Look at all that money you spend on a high end rig, only to beg for ports of console games.

PCs as well as consoles have their benefits, pcs are more powerful and more versatile, but much more complicated, potentially less reliable, and are expensive. Consoles are cheaper, much easier, and I would say in my experience more consistent in reliability, but are much less powerful and not as versatile. This is why PC communities tend to be much more gameplay design oriented(in that they play generally well made games on a core level), and consoles more content oriented(in that they like games that have a lot of stuff, like modes, playlists, gameplay length etc).

More of a console gamer myself, but the benefits of being part of the PC community shouldn't be understated.

My sig.

Thanks to @@Sitri.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you finished The Witcher 3? If not, get to it.

I already own it.

That's quite a generalization.

First of all, in terms of parts, my PC hovers around $700-800, but it's also my workstation, something a console can't replace.

Second, port begging goes in all directions. I've seen Xbox gamers who want PS games, PS gamers who want Xbox games, console gamers who want PC ports, and PC gamers who want console ports. It isn't something exclusive to non-console gamers.

As for my purchasing philosophy, I only own consoles for their exclusives. I normally buy my multiplatform games on PC, save for some exceptions.

For instance, I only buy Lego games on consoles because there are children in my household. COD gets similar treatment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I already own it.

That's quite a generalization.

First of all, in terms of parts, my PC hovers around $700-800, but it's also my workstation, something a console can't replace.

Second, port begging goes in all directions. I've seen Xbox gamers who want PS games, PS gamers who want Xbox games, console gamers who want PC ports, and PC gamers who want console ports. It isn't something exclusive to non-console gamers.

As for my purchasing philosophy, I only own consoles for their exclusives. I normally buy my multiplatform games on PC, save for some exceptions.

For instance, I only buy Lego games on consoles because there are children in my household. COD gets similar treatment.

Well yea it was a generalization, but being thorough doesn't exactly make for a witty comment. 

I don't care much for "console wars" because anyone who buys their own consoles probably owns all of them anyway. I'm just apathetic towards the aspect of gaming culture where a game is "no good" if it's on consoles instead of PC. It crops up all the time when new games are announced. 

I'm probably popping into a conversation blowing smoke about something irrelevant, but that's my 2 cents on that topic. 

Well first off we don't want shitty ports, we can spend $600- $2000 on a good rig and we expect the game to run 1080p 60fps on Medium settings all the way to 1440p 144fps on Ultra settings or 4k 60fps on High settings. 

There are PC exclusives but there is nothing wrong with wanting a PC grade experience while playing a AAA cross-platform title, but I only get pissed when shitty DEVs don't put time into making the PC version the objectively best version 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm just apathetic towards the aspect of gaming culture where a game is "no good" if it's on consoles instead of PC.

Jokes on them. Unlike the stubborn single-platform people, I get to enjoy the best of everything.

Of course, it helps that I'm a massive hedonist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well first off we don't want shitty ports, we can spend $600- $2000 on a good rig and we expect the game to run 1080p 60fps on Medium settings all the way to 1440p 144fps on Ultra settings or 4k 60fps on High settings. 

There are PC exclusives but there is nothing wrong with wanting a PC grade experience while playing a AAA cross-platform title, but I only get pissed when shitty DEVs don't put time into making the PC version the objectively best version 

It's fine to want a better gaming experience. I'm referring to the guys who don't own consoles because they "aren't powerful enough" but then complain about all the console games they're missing out on. I'm just thinking "...why didn't you buy a console then?" 

The exception to this for me is with games like the Halo Spartan Assault/Strike stuff. Nobody is going to buy a Windows tablet or device to play that, so they're limiting their audience by making it mobile only. 

Jokes on them. Unlike the stubborn single-platform people, I get to enjoy the best of everything.

Of course, it helps that I'm a massive hedonist.

Yea i think you're doing it right. 

I already own it.

So finish it. One of the few top-tier PC games. Yes it's on Xbox and PS4 but on PC it's magnificent.