CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I'm curious to see how everybody feels now about Halo 5 after MCC launch. Back in November, pretty much everybody said they promise to never buy H5. Well since the hype train started, I want to see if anybody still stands what they said back in November. For me, I still won't buy it new or preorder but I'll probably grab a used copy a couple weeks after launch.

Do you really want to get into the math on this one?

Please tell us the power of Spartan Thrusters using accurate scientific math, yes.

So, how bout those quality standards...

Pistol reticule got smaller when zoomed in. Sigh.

Based on my calculation, the Spartans at a given weight of 1,000 lbs. would hit a terminal velocity of 1,188 mph....

Please share your formulas with us for peer review.

That terminal velocity may be achievable at a drop point at 42167 meters but given they were without their helmets when the door was open suggests an altitude of roughly 4000 meters

So I'm curious to see how everybody feels now about Halo 5 after MCC launch. Back in November, pretty much everybody said they promise to never buy H5. Well since the hype train started, I want to see if anybody still stands what they said back in November. For me, I still won't buy it new or preorder but I'll probably grab a used copy a couple weeks after launch.

I hate Sprint ( did I say that? ), ground pound, clamber, etc. I hate midship remakes. I hate 343. I hate that fat ass sword. I hate the campaign due to its unrealistic and impossible to relate to high speeds of movement.

But I honestly don't think I will be spending the money on halo 5 because I simply cannot stomach ADS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That happened in the beta, right?

Wow, someone else who likes Kat? There are dozens of us!

But yeah, think back to all the times Kat and Carter interacted with each other, Definitely puts every scene in a brand new light, at least for me. Like, Kat seems to speak to Carter in a more informal tone compared to the other members, and if you notice, Carter was pretty quick to come to the aid of Kat when Halsey started getting on her case. And then, of course, there's the fact that when Noble Team emerges from the bunker, it is Carter who is carrying Kat's lifeless body out of there.

And what about Jun? Apparently, in earlier drafts of the story, he was supposed to make cooking puns. That was his shtick. How... odd.

My problem in Reach wasn't the Characters themselves but they way they were handled

I swear to God I needed more of the Interactions and Dialogue I hated no one in Noble Team I just thought I did barely know them

More backstory could've definitely helped alot!

In my own opinion though Noble Six should never had happen.

I never felt that guy was my own. Bungie told us that it was supposed to be a representation of the player but all we got was a generic character that hve his own set of dialogue and actions from the start to end. We never have decide of what to do even though the Devs said that it was us.

Should've just sticked with the Original Cast

http://www.halopedia.org/File:Nobleteamconcept.jpg

But they were too freaking Busy brainstorming about Destiny that they forgot about setting this characters up that resulted in just creating a perfectly bland but likeable character that no one could hate 

I was going to buy it regardless of the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The opening along with this, Team Osiris really are straight up superheroes.

Oh... This has me wondering. What if halo 5 was 343s title to replace master chief with a new generation of hero(s)? What if in the campaign near or at the end master chief doesn't die, but passes the baton to one of the others?

Then 343 will have achieved their ultimate goal of completely remaking halo into their vision of what the game should be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah but the inside one doesn't, it did in the beta. And even so, it doesn't matter on precision weapons because the spread is so minimal that magnetism would correct it when fired unscoped.

Look everyone, the thing you got to keep focused on when viewing the trailer is that it is all about showcasing the xb1 over the ps4. That is all it was about.

And it worked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah but the inside one doesn't, it did in the beta. And even so, it doesn't matter on precision weapons because the spread is so minimal that magnetism would correct it when fired unscoped.

That happened in the beta, right?

Hmmmmm, I guess we'll have to see.

IMO I don't think the map ever had a chance of being great with the maple syrup floors (calling them like this because of the stickiness of grenades, not the looks). If grenades actually bounced, it would have been already 100% better.

Zealot was kinda like that too. Grenades didn't really bounce off the floor. It was so annoying, I almost wish it would have been sticky grenade starts.

Grenade physics were damped to help netcode performance.

Look everyone, the thing you got to keep focused on when viewing the trailer is that it is all about showcasing the xb1 over the ps4. That is all it was about.

And it worked.

lmao

i own both and the Xbox really has nothing significant over the PS4, so Microsoft can stop wasting time on that and cut their loses. 

lmao

i own both and the Xbox really has nothing significant over the PS4, so Microsoft can stop wasting time on that and cut their loses. 

PS4 will always be superior, but with Windows 10, Dx12 and the new UI update, this Xbox One might actually be functional.

• Upvote (+1) 1

PS4 will always be superior, but with Windows 10, Dx12 and the new UI update, this Xbox One might actually be functional.

god i hope so. new UI can't come soon enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

And it worked.

its there to get the players attention, all it is, is just a flashy, fun, slightly exaggerated action scene. it's a video game equivalent to the opening track on a record.

Oh... This has me wondering. What if halo 5 was 343s title to replace master chief with a new generation of hero(s)? What if in the campaign near or at the end master chief doesn't die, but passes the baton to one of the others?

Then 343 will have achieved their ultimate goal of completely remaking halo into their vision of what the game should be.

I think it'd be entirely cool if 343i pulled a Bionicle 2, and had the old hero die for the new one, starting a new generation (Probs in Halo 6). It'd give the hero a send off opportunity, possibly add to the development of the new hero, whoever they are (Locke, it seems), and give us feels. We all love feels, right?

god i hope so. new UI can't come soon enough. 

The new UI has taken so long it better be good.

Grenade physics were damped to help netcode performance.

So you're telling me gameplay took a hit to improve the netcode... what kind of shitty logic is that?

It's almost as good as Bungie telling us bullet spread on the BR was necessary to motivate weapon diversity in Halo 3!

• Upvote (+1) 1

In low CPU usage games the PS4 will always win Graphically. The PS4 has more AMD stream processors.

They can probably optimize the UI but as far as DX12 goes that is not gonna help, the Xbox One and PS4 use their own Low-Level API that is similar to DX12. The whole point of DX12 is to provide lower level access to the hardware just like consoles have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In low CPU usage games the PS4 will always win Graphically. The PS4 has more AMD stream processors.

They can probably optimize the UI but as far as DX12 goes that is not gonna help, the Xbox One and PS4 use their own Low-Level API that is similar to DX12. The whole point of DX12 is to provide lower level access to the hardware just like consoles have.

From what I hear, DX12 will enable developers to access the extremely fast (and currently hard to access) 32MB eSRAM module which might end the resolution difficulties. But that could just be marketing garbage.

Who knows.

EDIT: Read some articles. Windows 10 needs to carry the Xbox One. PS4 still shits on it. If they can make it easier to develop for Xbox One it'll be a huge win. PS4 will always be superior, which makes me sad because I don't care about it.