CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Reasons why they look so light running down the mountain:

• They weigh roughly 1,000 pounds and have an extreme amount of momentum from that jump
  • They're constantly using 'Thrusters'
  • ... It's a mountain

I really, really don't see what you guys are talking about when you're saying it's too flashy and too much like the Avengers. Try watching it again but only focus on ONE Spartan. They're doing the equivalent to what we'd be doing in the Campaign on easy or normal difficultly (minus the flips and kicks we can't do in the game). Imagine playing 4 player co-op Campaign on Normal.. that's exactly what we'd be doing. From reading the books THIS is how I pictured Spartans and I'm finally stoked to see it in the games.

I think the action in the cutscene is not only a perfect introduction to the spartan abilities but it's an incredibly well crafted, one-shot cutscene by itself. The direction of that scene was incredible.

I do hope 343 doesn't kill off a character in a bullshit way though. If they introduce the characters to us like this then they better have one helluva death scene

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• They weigh roughly 1,000 pounds and have an extreme amount of momentum from that jump
  • ... It's a mountain
I really, really don't see what you guys are talking about when you're saying it's too flashy and too much like the Avengers. Try watching it again but only focus on ONE Spartan. They're doing the equivalent to what we'd be doing in the Campaign on easy or normal difficultly (minus the flips and kicks we can't do in the game). Imagine playing 4 player co-op Campaign on Normal.. that's exactly what we'd be doing. From reading the books THIS is how I pictured Spartans and I'm finally stoked to see it in the games.

I think the action in the cutscene is not only a perfect introduction to the spartan abilities but it's an incredibly well crafted, one-shot cutscene by itself. The direction of that scene was incredible.

I do hope 343 doesn't kill off a character in a bullshit way though. If they introduce the characters to us like this then they better have one helluva death scene

the direction stood out to me, was really well done.

I'm also worried about the same thing, I hope they don't "darth maul" anybody.

Well, would be very fitting for 343 to make the easy difficulty canon instead of heroic.

Looks pretty much in line with the puerile shit Bungie was pulling. At least the dialogue doesn't seem as idiotic as Bungie's, but that remains to be seen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks pretty much in line with the puerile shit Bungie was pulling. At least the dialogue doesn't seem as idiotic as Bungie's, but that remains to be seen.

Brian reed isn't the lead writer, so it'll probably be fine.

Speaking of... 

You know despite how glaringly obvious it was that this would be a parody video it still took me a while to realize that it was in fact a parody video. The epic feel of trailers from Halo 2 and 3 is just not there anymore, but I suppose it's not all about the Master Chief vs the world now.

We've gone from "I bet you can't stick it.", to this. Sad. 

Still get chills from most Halo 2 and 3 trailers, this just had me laughing. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just replied to this comment with my own, agreeing.

Also, that trailer was the most Mass Effect thing I've seen.

Also also, if there's fall damage in this game I will laugh my fucking ass off.

Accidental neg, meant to + srry

We've gone from "I bet you can't stick it.", to this. Sad. 

Still get chills from most Halo 2 and 3 trailers, this just had me laughing. 

I had an odd nostalgic feeling of Saturday morning cartoons while watching it :bman:

• ... It's a mountain

Last time a Spartan jumped from thousands of feet up, he was in a coma for hours.

Imagine playing 4 player co-op Campaign on Normal.. that's exactly what we'd be doing.

So I'm supposed to imagine this universe on "normal"? Because that really takes the wind out of everything.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lmao. Me getting Accused of being unfriendly to newcomers? Using a single response similar in vein to every short sided bullsht argument and getting called a hypocrite? Fucking love it.

Holy fuck, this place.

And being directed by a 14 year old with 5 people agreeing with him.

LMAO. I'm losing my mind.

Was that  14 year old directed at me? For calling out your bullshit? You must be a great person. It makes total sense that you are the one who complains about "few people being cancer".

edit: roflmao you negged me, stay mad

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cheif destoryed a halo ring by himself, boards scarabs by himself, in the trailers he jumps into a massive battle by himself. Hes done crazy shit alone.

Chief also almost wiped out all life in the galaxy when he let 343 Guilty Spark talk him into activating Halo, without ever asking what The ring actually does.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This is a good question. Hmmm

It seems Scalebound was announced as IGN first on the 3rd of August. This week we'll know something. 

3rd interesting, so it seems like the day can vary each month probably due to many different factors.

Will start September 8th

Out of curiosity is this a trend you've noticed with IGN First game reveals or is this confirmed somewhere? The guy I quoted above said last month's game was revealed on the third. Thanks!

Last time a Spartan jumped from thousands of feet up, he was in a coma for hours.

Did that Spartan have thrusters to slow down his descent?

So I'm supposed to imagine this universe on "normal"? Because that really takes the wind out of everything.

Yes. Blame Bungie.

Was that  14 year old directed at me? For calling out your bullshit? You must be a great person. It makes total sense that you are the one who complains about "few people being cancer".

You responded so you must be guilty. Was directed at a lot of people. And yeah, I like to think I am. I don't tell people they're cancer or aids for liking something :)

Also the quotations means I said something similar to "few people being cancer", when in fact, go back and quote me saying that, because I didn't :DDDDDDDD

or something

Also, take a look at my rep and my time here. I don't complain about anything on here often. I'm just tired of some of you guys acting like assholes towards others/anybody who likes H5 in the various threads around here. 

Last time a spartan jumped from thousands of feet up it was Halo 3... and it was an old suit... and a different spartan generation. You seem to want lore consistency so there you have it. 

Can't compare, because lore, or as many of you would say "BeKuzzz [email protected]#!"

I look at this trailer, and all I see are the innate skills of a spartan being taken advantage of with the aid of new technology.

Hardly cause for controversy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speaking of... 

This is perfect....This sums it up completely for me....kiddy crap...This literally puts how I've seen the past 3 Halo titles in perspective. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do you really want to get into the math on this one?

Yes, let's hear your rationale for ignoring lore in some areas and not in others. 

I look at this trailer, and all I see are the innate skills of a spartan being taken advantage of with the aid of new technology.

naw man it breaks their UMERZZIUNN NN!!##[email protected]#[email protected]!

man this is fun/easy

• Downvote (-1) 3

I really don't understand why this concept is hard for people to grasp honestly

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do you really want to get into the math on this one?

Sure. I'll grab my calculator

You can justify everything by adding a lore explanation for it. Doesn't help the fact that it completely changes the tone of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This thread for the past few pages has been a whirlwind. Just sitting here on my comfy ass bed, enjoying(?) the ride.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can justify everything by adding a lore explanation for it. Doesn't help the fact that it completely changes the tone of the game.

We don't know enough to know what the overall tone of the game is. 

I can assure you playing as Arbiter didn't feel like classic Halo to me when it came out. It was an awesome two-sided, different experience.

I can live with a change of pace with Osirus and going back to the calculated, deep, and brooding theme with Chief and still respect it.

I'm sure if you guys give it a chance you might like it. I feel as if most of you have your minds made up before anything releases these days. Be a bit more open minded about these things, you may end up liking it. 

This thread for the past few pages has been a whirlwind. Just sitting here on my comfy ass bed, enjoying(?) the ride.

wanker 

<3

I'm embracing my inner Batchford, you should be proud. You've been influencing me all along. 

I'm fucked  :wutface: 

To be fair, the chief didn't have what is effectively a jet pack on his back.

Noble 6 gets dropped from orbit with only a jetpack and survives.

• Upvote (+1) 1