CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In no way did Chief take down the Flood and Covenant "single-handedly", and this is not how the Spartans have been portrayed. They have been described as an incredible force but nowhere were they described as invincible battlefield grasshoppers.

Spartans were always described as fast agile warriors, I'd say this sort of follows that descriptor, combined with the new tech, so it's like the old Spartans on crack.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We haven't seen crazy Spartan action like this before? There's no precedence for them being so bad ass? Did no one watch animated series of Halo shorts that came out some time ago? What was it called, Halo Legends or something? There was definitely one episode where Blue Team was in space doing some crazy ass shit.

But this is Halo 5. Some of y'all just have it out for the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartans were always described as fast agile warriors, I'd say this sort of follows that descriptor, combined with the new tech, so it's like the old Spartans on crack.

Chief is a fast, agile warrior, but he's not Iron Man...and he's supposed to be better than these guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We haven't seen crazy Spartan action like this before? There's no precedence for them being so bad ass? Did no one watch animated series of Halo shorts that came out some time ago? What was it called, Halo Legends or something? There was definitely one episode where Blue Team was in space doing some crazy ass shit.

But this is Halo 5. Some of y'all just have it out for the game.

You mean where an Elite killed an entire army of covenant with two swords and in the end 50 metre tall hunters?

Yeah, that was also pretty shitty. Except it wasn't in an official game.

Chief is a fast, agile warrior, but he's not Iron Man...and he's supposed to be better than these guys.

Is he supposed to be better? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You mean where an Elite killed an entire army of covenant with two swords and in the end 50 metre tall hunters?

Its canon

how much did these guys do by themselves? They ran down a hill while shooting aliens, the only insane thing was hen one person obliterated a rock, everything was happening around them already(except for that phantom that vale took down)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Cheif destoryed a halo ring by himself, boards scarabs by himself, in the trailers he jumps into a massive battle by himself. Hes done crazy shit alone.

• Upvote (+1) 7

No, I was meaning the one with MC, Kelly, and Fred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bglzosd3QPU&feature=youtu.be&t=6m30s

-edit-

How the hell do I embed this? The media tag isn't working for me.

-edit 2-

Nevermind. It was supposed to start at 6:30, so fast forward to there. It's literally Blue Team sprinting and slaying bodies.

"Oh, but it's not in a game, so it doesn't count". Yeah? Well, you don't move nearly as fast in any Halo game as the H5 cinematic shows Osiris. Sodd off.

The difference between the two teams in these two videos? One team has the momentum from dropping down to send them speeding through enemy lines, the other is just flat out sprinting. One team is causing chaos, but not necessarily killing everything, while the other team is.

But again, the Osiris video is Halo 5, so we must shit on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just saw the video. Really disappointed they're going the michael bay route with mindless action sequences and seemingly invincible protagonists.

It reminded me of the Halo 3 trailer, which has similar characteristics, but could get away with it because is was only a trailer, had little relation to the story of the game and featured new abilities and ridiculous action.

The fact that this is the sort of narrative in the game itself worries me a bit, especially with the b-team Osiris.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Cheif destoryed a halo ring by himself, boards scarabs by himself, in the trailers he jumps into a massive battle by himself. Hes done crazy shit alone.

The point is that he didn't do it by jumping around like rocket raccoon on crack against enemies who act like the guys you play in MCC matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just saw the video. Really disappointed they're going the michael bay route with mindless action sequences and seemingly invincible protagonists.

It reminded me of the Halo 3 trailer, which has similar characteristics, but could get away with it because is was only a trailer, had little relation to the story of the game and featured new abilities and ridiculous action.

The fact that this is the sort of narrative in the game itself worries me a bit, especially with the b-team Osiris.

It's just one cutscene. I'd say thats jumping the gun a bit. I'm gonna reserve judgement till I see Blue Teams intro. 

I really don't see the issue guys.

They really didn't take out that many enemies. A lot of the damage around them is due to other things. I mean, this is on par with how much damage chief has done in a single cutscene, or less.

If you're complaining about the movement? Well, get used to it, it's Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Same here. It's just so obvious that they're trying to prove how the Spartan abilities make sense, but for me, it makes them seem even more out of place. 

Not to mention them showing the Spartans shooting while sprinting is a slap to the face. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just one cutscene. I'd say thats jumping the gun a bit. I'm gonna reserve judgement till I see Blue Teams intro.

they could be playing at different advantages per team, blue team may be much smarter, and more tactical, while Osiris is focused on speed and adapting.

Watching through the trailer again, they aren't actually doing much out of the ordinary.

For all of its complaints, it's incredibly tame. Barring the Phantom takedown and flashy artistic license (CQC, rock destruction), it looks like something a team of players could do.

They're not mowing down an army, they are literally speedrunning down a hill, killing baddies in their way and ignoring ones that aren't.​

• Upvote (+1) 5

they could be playing at different advantages per team, blue team may be much smarter, and more tactical, while Osiris is focused on speed and adapting.

Thats exactly how it is. Take away the osiris armor and blue team is much smarter and better tactically. I forgot the name of the scan thing osiris has. But, blue team doesnt have that or ai, so they are doing this by themselves, but osiris isnt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching through the trailer again, they aren't actually doing much out of the ordinary.

For all of its complaints, it's incredibly tame. Barring the Phantom takedown and flashy artistic license (CQC, rock destruction), it looks like something a team of players could do.

They're not mowing down an army, they are literally speedrunning down a hill, killing baddies in their way and ignoring ones that aren't.​

Yeah people really need to slow down the video and watch it again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Giving back the bomb was certainly ridiculous, but it wasn't cartoony, and that's what this trailer feels like to me - a cartoon. As far as showing overall more hectic action, I'm predicting a bold-faced lie on that one...in fact, I predict the campaign gameplay will be exactly the same as it has always been.

Well thruster, shoulder charge, groundpound and the verticality will sure do for some crazy moments you havent seen in Halo campaign before. Also the fact there are 4 spartans again will make the action more hectic. Not like in that intro but still.

I don't see the problem in this cinematic at all.

Halo 2: Master Chief goes into a room of elites. Kills them all, disables a bomb, pulls the bomb to a opening let's the gravity pull bomb out with him attached. Falls between however many fleets getting blown up around him falls into the core of the ship. Rearms the bomb kicks off and falls down surviving the explosion.

But this shit right here tho? This some Avengers shit? Come on guys.

The h2 stuff was far more plausible than the trailer.

It literally looked it was ripped right out of the avengers. Ultron could have been in there and it wouldn't have looked strange lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The h2 stuff was far more plausible than the trailer.

It literally looked it was ripped right out of the avengers. Ultron could have been in there and it wouldn't have looked strange lol.

and he would've been just as weak of a villain. :kappa:
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone know what day of the month the IGN First games are revealed? Is it usually the first of the month or do they announce it a couple days into the month (like the 4th or something)?

The timing of that trailer just seems planned around a September H5 IGN First spot, but they could technically get the October spot and just release new info until the day its released (1st - 27th)

This is really more of a. (Look how far humanity has come in 6 years) I feel like the Spartans are being used to show how quickly Humans evolve when their on top of the food chain.

No matter how you justify the trailer, it looks boring. I don't care if there are moments like this in the books, that doesn't justify 343 making Spartans anime characters. At this point, I think 343 is just making this game for the kiddie vickies who love The Avengers.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Anyone know what day of the month the IGN First games are revealed? Is it usually the first of the month or do they announce it a couple days into the month (like the 4th or something)?

The timing of that trailer just seems planned around a September H5 IGN First spot, but they could technically get the October spot and just release new info until the day its released (1st - 27th)

This is a good question. Hmmm

It seems Scalebound was announced as IGN first on the 3rd of August. This week we'll know something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will start September 8th