CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Chief is also a walking tank, also caught the Covenant in the middle of a civil war (plus the flood) yet he didn't transform into fucking Thor.

chief didn't have that kind of armor.

Lmao. Me getting Accused of being unfriendly to newcomers? Using a single response similar in vein to every short sided bullsht argument and getting called a hypocrite? Fucking love it.

Holy fuck, this place.

And being directed by a 14 year old with 5 people agreeing with him.

LMAO. I'm losing my mind.

No one is forcing you to be here lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Directed energy weapons make no sense, but that doesn't have an effect on the theme of the game and the way I identify with playing as a Spartan. What we're seeing in this trailer just completely flies in the face of what I interpret the theme of Halo to be, especially after everything Cortana has said about Chief.

Could there be further context in the game? Maybe. But this was a Michael Bay-caliber effort (and I mean that in the most derisive way possible), and Halo developers do not have a track record of dangling mindless action in front of our faces only to provide us with meaning and substance in the material behind it - in fact, I'd say they've got a rep for doing the exact opposite.

Hmm. I got your points and i totally agree that it was "little" over the top. However even outside of lore, there is still some sense in doing this - showing players all the different movement and offensive abilities they can use and showing overally more hectic action.

And you know, "giving covenant back their bomb" was also kind of Michael Bay caliber effort :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmao. Me getting Accused of being unfriendly to newcomers? Using a single response similar in vein to every short sided bullsht argument and getting called a hypocrite? Fucking love it.

Holy fuck, this place.

No one is forcing you to be here lol

UdTfs.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy fuck, this place.

I don't know man, I feel like I'm a pretty objective person and it seems like you just want people that don't share the same opinion as you (ie. They aren't positive) to shut up and leave. That might not be your intent but when people bitch about other people expressing their opposing opinion on a PUBLIC FORUM (ie discussion board) that is how many will perceive it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm. I got your points and i totally agree that it was "little" over the top. However even outside of lore, there is still some sense in doing this - showing players all the different movement and offensive abilities they can use and showing overally more hectic action.

And you know, "giving covenant back their bomb" was also kind of Michael Bay caliber effort :)

Giving back the bomb was certainly ridiculous, but it wasn't cartoony, and that's what this trailer feels like to me - a cartoon. As far as showing overall more hectic action, I'm predicting a bold-faced lie on that one...in fact, I predict the campaign gameplay will be exactly the same as it has always been.

I don't know man, I feel like I'm a pretty objective person and it seems like you just want people that don't share the same opinion as you (ie. They aren't positive) to shut up and leave. That might not be your intent but when people bitch about other people expressive their opposing opinion on a PUBLIC FORUM (ie discussion board) that is how many will perceive it.

I even said it one of my earlier posts you can dislike the fuck out of the direction and that's cool. I agree and respect a lot of people who don't like where halo 5 is headed here.

It's the jabs and shit posting that adds nothing I the discussion that I'm talking about.

And I love it here Larry, just need to clean it up a bit. You're one of the biggest offenders to me. You're so incredibly hostile with all your condescending names you call people. It's a fucking shame too.

Giving back the bomb was certainly ridiculous, but it wasn't cartoony, and that's what this trailer feels like to me - a cartoon. As far as showing overall more hectic action, I'm predicting a bold-faced lie on that one...in fact, I predict the campaign gameplay will be exactly the same as it has always been.

I think so too, hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

I even said it one of my earlier posts you can dislike the fuck out of the direction and that's cool. I agree and respect a lot of people who don't like where halo 5 is headed here.

It's the jabs and shit posting that adds nothing I the discussion that I'm talking about.

Example plz.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that. But again what do you expect from a PUBLIC discussion board? If you expect people to not make edgy comments I have to ask is this the first and only forum you've ever been on? Do you not use the internet? Shit, do you not live in the real world and interact with other humans daily? Because this same shit happens all day, every day. It shouldn't phase you in the slightest on a Halo forum man. Rub some dirt on yourself and get some thicker skin. ;)

Example plz.

You can dig through pretty much any thread and find what I'm talking about.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I get that. But again what do you expect from a PUBLIC discussion board? If you expect people to not make edgy comments I have to ask is this the first and only forum you've ever been on? Do you not use the internet? Shit, do you not live in the real world and interact with other humans daily? Because this same shit happens all day, every day. It shouldn't phase you in the slightest on a Halo forum man. Rub some dirt on yourself and get so.e thicker skin. ;)

You're definitely right, but I can't help but think nothing's being done about it. and trust me, this ain't my first rodeo. I'm a halo fan on neogaf. I've been through worse :p

I'll get over it. Just wanted to see some people drop their pathetic attitudes and at least try to respect people who don't share the same opinion.

You can dig through pretty much any thread and find what I'm talking about.

No doubt. But is there anything you've seen, specifically, that's been hostile to dissenting opinions that's annoyed you? I'd just like to know so that we can eliminate our vague verbiage.

Blue team is AWOL in Halo 5 so it makes sense that they would also be AWOL in the games marketing push. I like it tbh, it gives the game a greater sense of mystery as to why MC is rogue and why Osiris is hunting him.

Also I still fail to see what was wrong with that cinematic. The Spartans have always been portrayed like this when working together in the books. The first 4 Halo games have been chief working alone and by all accounts doing the same thing considering he basically took down the flood and the covenant threat single handedly.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In no way did Chief take down the Flood and Covenant "single-handedly", and this is not how the Spartans have been portrayed. They have been described as an incredible force but nowhere were they described as invincible battlefield grasshoppers.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No doubt. But is there anything you've seen, specifically, that's been hostile to dissenting opinions that's annoyed you? I'd just like to know so that we can eliminate our vague verbiage.

Just forget about it man, I'm not gonna dig through threads and I'm already over discussing this.

I'll just move on.

Blue team is AWOL in Halo 5 so it makes sense that they would also be AWOL in the games marketing push. I like it tbh, it gives the game a greater sense of mystery as to why MC is rogue and why Osiris is hunting him.

Also I still fail to see what was wrong with that cinematic. The Spartans have always been portrayed like this when working together in the books. The first 4 Halo games have been chief working alone and by all accounts doing the same thing considering he basically took down the flood and the covenant threat single handedly.

Chief single handedly blew up a covenant cruiser. I can see how these spartans are capable of this with the assistance of ships firing from orbit with their new suits.

It makes perfect sense to me as well. 

I'm excited to see Blue Teams quiet destruction. I just want them to act like it's nothing as they blow through ships and waves of covie. It's an excellent two-sided dynamic and I can't wait to see more and hear the classic Halo theme that we KNOW is in the game with Blue Team on the screen.

I'll probably die at that point. 

In no way did Chief take down the Flood and Covenant "single-handedly", and this is not how the Spartans have been portrayed. They have been described as an incredible force but nowhere were they described as invincible battlefield grasshoppers.

Quit looking in the past to describe the future spartans with new suits and new lore. You'll get what you know and love about spartans with Blue Team on screen. I'm sure of it. Just enjoy it for what it is. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see the problem in this cinematic at all.

Halo 2: Master Chief goes into a room of elites. Kills them all, disables a bomb, pulls the bomb to a opening let's the gravity pull bomb out with him attached. Falls between however many fleets getting blown up around him falls into the core of the ship. Rearms the bomb kicks off and falls down surviving the explosion.

But this shit right here tho? This some Avengers shit? Come on guys.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see the problem in this cinematic at all.

Halo 2: Master Chief goes into a room of elites. Kills them all, disables a bomb, pulls the bomb to a opening let's the gravity pull bomb out with him attached. Falls between however many fleets getting blown up around him falls into the core of the ship. Rearms the bomb kicks off and falls down surviving the explosion.

But this shit right here tho? This some Avengers shit? Come on guys.

If Chief had wall-jumped around and one-shotted every elite in the room while taking exactly zero damage and finished the last one off with a Shawn Michaels superkick, then punched his way through a Covenant ship in the way with the bomb in tow while having sex with all of the aliens' mothers and sipping his Mountain Dew, that might equal the bravado of this trailer.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Comparing it to Chief destroying the covenant cruiser in Halo 2 is like saying Paul Tibbets single handedly destroyed Hiroshima. I already hated that cutscene in Halo Wars where the Spartans make some kung fu moves and the Elites are attacking them with spears or something and act like total morons. But this new shit is even worse, a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If Chief had wall-jumped around and one-shotted every elite in the room while taking exactly zero damage and finished the last one off with a Shawn Michaels superkick, then punched his way through a Covenant ship in the way with the bomb in tow while having sex with all of the aliens' mothers and sipping his Mountain Dew, that might equal the bravado of this trailer.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happens when you play on easy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except most of the damage being done here isn't by the Spartans at all. And they weren't really one shotting elites. Lot of the enemies you can't even tell if they were alive or dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except most of the damage being done here isn't by the Spartans at all. And they weren't really one shotting elites. Lot of the enemies you can't even tell if they were alive or dead.

Looks nothing like the Power Rangers.

True the Pink Ranger is missing, but I gotta say that theme songs fits the cinematic really good. Just saying. All in good fun! Have a great one!

• Upvote (+1) 1