CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because immersion.

yeah but all immersion was lost after I saw Spartans can shoot while sprinting :grunt:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

yeah but all immersion was lost after I saw Spartans can shoot while sprinting :grunt:

:kappa:

Never said it was good immersion. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Has anyone noticed how utterly uninterested (except for Buck when Halsey gets mentioned...O_o) all the Spartans look during the mission briefing? Like, they all look like they'd rather be at home watching something with better choreography or something.

It's to convey that this is routine for them. I prefer it over dialogue that takes everything too seriously.

Loved the cinematic. The hyper action with sky dive and downhill skiing, all done in one cut ? What a ride. The only thing i dont like about it is that there is actually no story. But i am sure they will cover that in other cinematics. Cant wait to see some non action, more emotional cinematics. They have done great job in H4 with that.

"Maybe next time you rescue us, you can give us more time to pack?" "Next time".

• Downvote (-1) 1

I liked the Video and I havent even watched it with sound yet. But I understand some of the criticism.

Vale is kinda hot imo. I hope she doesnt have a Palmer like voice when I watch the Video with sound later.

300px-VALE_2.png

I thought it looked kinda generic. Like it was directed by a 14-year old.

Definition of Hyperbole 

I bet even if you went to Film School for 4-5 years you'll still struggle to pull off something or even remotely close to that shot.

Loved the cinematic. The hyper action with sky dive and downhill skiing, all done in one cut ?

Yes

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Loved it, trailer was amazing. As like all things new I have to wake up to all this news after its dropped.

Literally just want to jump on halo 5 and start ground pounding and just generally overall smashing folk in matchmaking.

Roll on October :(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Should have started playing Sleep Now in the Fire when they jumped out of the ship.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everyone who says the trailer looks unrealistic, "too much action - no emotion", and all the rest has immediately shown themselves to be superficial and surface halo fans. You have obviously never read the books (or your brain suffers from DID since you must be compartmentalizing away all the mystery and emotion 343 also provides us with in the form of earlier trailers and audio aswell as the books), and you fail to understand that reality is never about only mystery, emotion and epicness. Sometimes there is no place and time for contemplating the wonders of the Halo rings or the history of the Forerunners. That "sometimes" is in this trailer, where Osiris obviously must be all about taking action. 343 has also provided us with slow-paced and extremely thought-provoking material in other trailers and audio.

So please stop thinking you know what Halo "is all about" and face the fact that you know very little indeed.

I'm super hyped for Halo 5!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

First of all, awesome cinematic!!

Second. Are we sure that this is the first cinematic? Cause Frankie on Neogaf said this: "Gameplay starts right where the Xbox mnemonic comes up at the end. There's a scene that precedes this one too. Something more sedate. Then bam, first level starts."

Source

Edit: formatting

First of all, awesome cinematic!!

Second. Are we sure that this is the first cinematic? Cause Frankie on Neogaf said this: "Gameplay starts right where the Xbox mnemonic comes up at the end. There's a scene that precedes this one too. Something more sedate. Then bam, first level starts."

Source

Edit: formatting

I imagine there will be a prologue and then this is the opening cinematic for mission one.

COME ON, IT'S RIGHT THERE. HOW DID YOU SPELL IT WRONG?

The funny thing is the binary code actually spells Lasky. So they got that bit right.

EDIT: Code is: 01001100 01000001 01010011 01001011 01011001 (incase anyone thinks I'm not being serious)

• Upvote (+1) 2

The funny thing is the binary code actually spells Lasky. So they got that bit right.

EDIT: Code is: 01001100 01000001 01010011 01001011 01011001 (incase anyone thinks I'm not being serious)

Now that's some hardcore USNC-level encryption right there.

Bruh

I don't want a community of mindless drones (not that r/Halo is that), I want ANYTHING than whats been going on in the past couple weeks/months. 

So many good posters ruined by some clowns. It's not so much specifically and exclusively tonight, it's been going on for weeks. It's almost impossible to enjoy a single page of any thread here without somebody saying something ridiculous.

Example plz.

New guy, pls.

What are you talking about? This thread has been pretty clean, the only annoying person is you by dismissing people's post simply because their new. That isn't welcoming to newcomers and it's post like yours that drives them away from the forum. Cut it out.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1