CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't get why the people who don't like it have to literally trash everything about it no matter what. I knew as soon as this trailer dropped that we would see the same people complaining about something and sure enough... I get it, some of you don't like where Halo is right now, and to be honest neither do I, but Halo 5 looks like a good step in the right direction compared to what we had to suffer through from 2012 to MCC (and further). Feel free to think what you want but questioning others or insinuating there is something wrong with them because they like a trailer of all things is ridiculous.

The last few pages of this thread have been pretty bad.

/rant

Aside from my post in ignorance, Orange and Meanbean, both more or less excited for Halo 5, were the first to say a single bad thing about this trailer, so I don't get who's complaining on your end. I also see a grand total of two posts that can be taken as "pretty bad."

/rantblock

Pretty sweet cinematics, I'm just mainly worried that the change from cinematic to gameplay will be too jarring. I mean after seeing all that and the best you can do is ground pound? Can't even sprint and fire.

Pretty sweet cinematics, I'm just mainly worried that the change from cinematic to gameplay will be too jarring. I mean after seeing all that and the best you can do is ground pound? Can't even sprint and fire.

INB4 "Sprint is underpowered" threads on Waypoint.

I like Halo 5, that's why I'm here. 

Soooo I don't really know why the people who dislike it are here. 

Its getting super pathetic and extremely annoying. 

Not liking the games direction and disliking trailers or w/e is fair game, but when you act like people are fucked because they like Halo 5, either in parts or entirety, should be bannable or at the very least removed from the discussion.

Fucking losers man. 

vinny vinny vinny - just head over to r/halo if you need some H5 hype love baby!  ;)  they will wrap you up in their arms, and then you can come on back here after they challenge you to a 1v1 ghost only battle on valhalla

• Upvote (+1) 1

And who is insulting someone else for liking something in the cinematic trailer??  Ive scanned the past few pages and not seeing anything of the sort.......  easy with the witch hunt there fellas - I hate Halo 5 and 343 more than most, and sure I might take some jabs at the stuff they put out, but lets be ok with disagreeing with someone else... jeesh!

• Upvote (+1) 4

vinny vinny vinny - just head over to r/halo if you need some H5 hype love baby!  ;)  they will wrap you up in their arms, and then you can come on back here after they challenge you to a 1v1 ghost only battle on valhalla

Bruh

I don't want a community of mindless drones (not that r/Halo is that), I want ANYTHING than whats been going on in the past couple weeks/months. 

So many good posters ruined by some clowns. It's not so much specifically and exclusively tonight, it's been going on for weeks. It's almost impossible to enjoy a single page of any thread here without somebody saying something ridiculous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I thought the same thing - I was like, Well this is cool looking, can I do all that chained together when I play? No?

Well...... shit

Bruh

I don't want a community of mindless drones (not that r/Halo is that), I want ANYTHING than whats been going on in the past couple weeks/months. 

So many good posters ruined by some clowns. It's not so much specifically and exclusively tonight, it's been going on for weeks. It's almost impossible to enjoy a single page of any thread here without somebody saying something ridiculous. 

Example plz.

So now that I had a chance to watch the trailer from my PC (it wasn't playing at all on my phone) I can say it sucks. Nothing about the constant running and shooting looked anything remotely as realistic.

Immersion? What immersion? It wasn't anything that I could relate to.

Great graphics. Terrible choreography. Two thumbs down.

Now back to husky raid!!!

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So now that I had a chance to watch the trailer from my PC (it wasn't playing at all on my phone) I can say it sucks. Nothing about the constant running and shooting looked anything remotely as realistic.

Great graphics. Terrible choreography. Two thumbs down.

Now back to husky raid!!!

yCYTJ.gif

I feel better now

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I watching the Intro so many times 

- Spartans feel floaty

- Just Meh Animations sometimes

- Sometimes the Lip sync are bad 

- Rip Halo's Gritty Look haha

This is your complaint seriously?

Why don't 343 make every vehicle and Cut Scene have First Person POV and Get rid of Low Gravity and have some actual weight in Halo

Halo 5: The Avengers 

Avengers Cut Scene and Call of Duty Gameplay what's not to Love?

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone noticed how utterly uninterested (except for Buck when Halsey gets mentioned...O_o) all the Spartans look during the mission briefing? Like, they all look like they'd rather be at home watching something with better choreography or something.

Secondly, and I know this is a possible spoiler, but what exactly are all the Covenant ships doing so close to the surface? What occasion would there be for all the ground troops Osiris slams into to take a leisurely stroll across the snow? I know there were explosions in the air but I saw nothing fighting against the Covenant when they touched down on the hillside. Hopefully that'll be explained during the mission.

Still wondering why Buck looks like Charlie Sheen when he's rubbing his jawline. 

I'm more concerned about the rapey expression on his face when they mention Halsey. Did Rachel leave him again or...?

Secondly, and I know this is a possible spoiler, but what exactly are all the Covenant ships doing so close to the surface? What occasion would there be for all the ground troops Osiris slams into to take a leisurely stroll across the snow? I know there were explosions in the air but I saw nothing fighting against the Covenant when they touched down on the hillside. Hopefully that'll be explained during the mission.

Well It could possibly be on Sang Helios this could explain why the majority were only Covenant Units as currently in the storyline a Civil War have been happeingin there for quite a while now

As For Ships being so close to the Surface maybe 343 thought it was Cool or They were there for strategy advantages like increasing Moral or having better support of Infantry Irdk

I gotta agree with the creepy face Buck made when they talked about Halsey... seemed out of place.

Well It could possibly be on Sang Helios this could explain why the majority were only Covenant Units as currently in the storyline a Civil War have been happeingin there for quite a while now

As For Ships being so close to the Surface maybe 343 thought it was Cool or They were there for strategy advantages like increasing Moral or having better support of Infantry Irdk

Palmer says "Kamchata" (I'm obviously spelling that phonetically) so idk how that relates to Sanghelios.

Your next few points make sense though. Maybe they're deployed in some formation that isn't immediately apparent.

so they can shoot while sprinting during cinematics, why can't we do the same? :lxthul:

Because immersion.