CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think 343 is trying to give us the best of both worlds and people are just caught up in old Halo. 343 realizes they have to change things or copies won't sell. Sure, the entire TeamBeyond site would buy a game that looks pretty much like a remake of the old Halo's if it was called Halo 5 but so many "new generation" gamers are the ones that won't. I almost can't blame 343 for any of this because they literally have to make the game like this while still keeping it competitive. They are bound to keep the Halo Championship series going and if the game is balanced I think everyone needs to at least give it a shot.

I am not "happy" but I can clearly see they are trying to make the game competitive and "new" at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It has potential. The rifles looked skillful, despite the bad aesthetics (DMR scope is bad).

What worries me is the movement speed without sprint seems painfully sluggish. And obviously Midship being 3x as big...

And the BR looked like it had tight spread at least

But if all the maps are that big we're fucked

I'm not worried about the game being competitive. It will be judging by the gameplay.

The problem is it doesn't look like it's offering similar competitive gameplay that the original trilogy offered.

Both Gandhi and Lethul say it is good and fun and everyone knows that those two dont fuck around and bullshit stuff you guys have no open mind no matter what anyone says you guys wont change doesn't matter. If the game launches and is so good you cant take your hands off of it you wont admit it and you will say its trash. You know it because it "isnt classic halo" have an open mind. I know we got screwed with halo 4 but dont be that women that got beat by her boyfriend and wont go out and date and try something new because of what happened in the past. Im not going to reply to anyone because I already know what everyone is going to say.  

I remember when 4 launched and the things Ghandi said...took him along time to eventually say it was shit.

I rather play 4 then this as it currently stands.

The three biggest things they need to do, imo in the beta appear to be:

• REMOVE( or at least slow down) sprint and increase base movement speed

• Lessen the distance thrusters travel

• MAKE MIDSHIP SMALLER FFS it looked horrific.

Don't know why we'd even need to say this at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hoping it turns out better than it looks. Best case scenario things aren't as bad as they seem and developers listen to our feedback or at least give us the ability to customize most options to enhance competitive play.

Worst case scenario we have Halo MCC to fall back on. 

You know... Maybe halo isn't dad just yet. Maybe we need to wait until h6…?

I mean if h5 has 3k when MCC has 700k that may tell m$ to clear the table and start over.

GIVE ME AN OPTION TO SCOPE REGULARLY 343 AND YOUR GAME WILL BE SAVED. I DO NOT WANT TO "SMARTSCOPE"(AKA ADS) IN HALO.

I actually LOVE the pace as a big HCE/H2 fan and a fan of even faster Arena FPS Like Unreal/Quake, it looks REALLY explosive which reminds me of H2 movement on crack mixed with H1-ish kill times. This game will only get faster as players learn to chain together Spartan movement abilities and use thruster effectively to strafe in the air.

At least your shields dont recharge while sprinting, but the damage of sprint has already been done as all the maps have been made bigger/more campier to account for it. I dont think it will be an option to remove it this time if we want to keep the competitive game close to out of the box settings. The game instantly appeals to me more than HR/H4 did because of the pace, Arena map design, potential for depth in movement, but ADS NEEDS TO GO IN COMPETITIVE PLAY.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm in. But with a lot of fixing. Ground pound and charge should be gone, no insta kills please.

Glad the aiming is now a skill gap thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point, I don't trust anything pros say about upcoming Halo games. They have said the same thing about every game from Reach onwards, and we know how that turned out. They are in this, largely, FOR THE MONEY. They don't really have much integrity as far as I'm concerned. They'd rather appease the studio and not risk potential income then actually speak their feelings.

I'd generally agree, but Gandhi generally speaks his mind. Not always, but most of the time he isn't scared to voice an opinion.

Hoping it turns out better than it looks. Best case scenario things aren't as bad as they seem and developers listen to our feedback or at least give us the ability to customize most options to enhance competitive play.

Worst case scenario we have Halo MCC to fall back on. 

Halo reveals have ALWAYS turned out worse than it looks. Not one thing in Mp reveal history has EVER played better than it looked.

• Upvote (+1) 3