CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm going to wait to see some REAL H2A multiplayer footage before i get any sort of hyped for it. 

"Guardians" is quite possibly the lamest name of any halo game ever... Hopefully the game can overcome such a horrible name.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Oh come on.

If that doesn't confirm H2A I don't know what does, what do we think she means? Halo 4.5? Spartan Assault 2? :kappa:

And on XB1 also??

The way I see it, they can name it whatever they want as long as the game is good. I'm just glad that they aren't releasing the game until it's fully ready so we hopefully we don't have another Halo 4 fiasco, and I mean I will be praying every night that this does not happen.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Please stop saying H2A is confirmed, I cringe every time. Yes, it is very likely, and YES, the one leak seems to be coming true (not the open world nonsense), but that doesn't confirm anything.

Thats not true.

This Halo 5 Announcement CONFIRMS the ntkrnl leaks from back in January. So yes Halo 2 Anniversary is basicly confirmed with this.

And read that Frankie letter carefully. So many Halo 2 Hints and "the great journey"? Yeah....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think at E3 they are going to tell us that they are reinvesting in Halo 4. Maybe another tourney (4v4 hopefully) or more tweaks and fixes. This makes since, since they wont be releasing Halo 5 until 2015. A side note, I am glade they are taking their time on Halo 5. They have some really good people in the building to make an excellent MP experience. 

tumblr_mhfkwvoIuU1rdabsoo1_400.gif

Halo 4 has had its two years. 

I was skeptical back in January, but now all signs are pointing to H2A. How can it not be happening? Nevermind the leaks and rumors. It's just the fact that this is the game's anniversary and there's no other Halo title announced until then. They can't drop anything other than a remake 5 months before it happens. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm going to wait to see some REAL H2A multiplayer footage before i get any sort of hyped for it. 

"Guardians" is quite possibly the lamest name of any halo game ever... Hopefully the game can overcome such a horrible name.

Killed by the Guardians.

Don't you dare to challenge the Guardians, they've won tons of battles.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5: Guardians leads me to believe that there is going to be more than one Halo 5. The reason I think this is because of Halo 3: ODST. I don't see any other real reason to not just name it Halo 5 unless they had those intentions.

Keep in mind...

Just because they don't show you sprint doesn't mean it isn't there...

Sh....  Don't kill my Halo chub breeh.

-New Character
-It is a he

People are thinking it could be Marlowe, the guy who is suppose to be a main focus in the Ridley Scott Halo feature coming later this year.

lol'd that he had to say it wasn't cortana.

This should help narrow it down though, but that's probably who it is. The series is supposed to "compliment and enrich" the game, after all. 

I am guessing the multiplayer is just your team falling endlessly to their death as the other team (the guardians) earn the kills.

Now games are decided before they even start. Coin flips are 50-50 and that's competitive.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can I be honest here? 

I am not hyped --- Still letting it sink in that H2A was merely a pipe dream. 

Guess Halo will remain dead until 2015, bummer. (is that the release date?)

reading is fundamental...there will be a halo experience in 2014.....it';s called Halo 2 Anniversary...it's coming...it's inevitable...cheer up brah

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am guessing the multiplayer is just your team falling endlessly to their death as the other team (the guardians) earn the kills.

Now games are decided before they even start. Coin flips are 50-50 and that's competitive.  

On MLG Snowbound V9 The Guardians know

Snowbound_Turret.jpg

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Group 1: Halo 2 Anniversary, won't happen.

Group 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, have to wait.

Group 3, Halo 2 Anniversary, will probably happen.

Me, godammit I'm hungry, gonna eat some tacos.

On all seriousness, Halo 2 Anniversary could happen easily, while in the other we have to wait for confirmation.

Let's all chill and hug man  :(  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure ROUG3 can drop some lorebombs about why that wouldn't make any sense for a Spartan anyway. 

Ha, I can actually. The MJOLNIR Neural interface targeting system and scope smart up-link system would make ADS rather redundant. 

I speculate this new character is this 'replacement' character hinted at in the Halo 4 prologue. I always wondered  when that would come into it. There was no character that seemed to fit that bill in Halo 4. Seems 343 might have been planning ahead. The reflection box art seems to support this idea. But speculation is speculation.

I also wounder if this character might, at least at the start of the game, be tasked with capturing/ hunting down the 'rogue' Master Chief. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ha, I can actually. The MJOLNIR Neural interface targeting system and scope smart up-link system would make ADS rather redundant. 

I speculate this new character is this 'replacement' character hinted at in the Halo 4 prologue. I always wondered  when that would come into it. There was no character that seemed to fit that bill in Halo 4. Seems 343 might have been planning ahead. The reflection box art seems to support this idea. But speculation is speculation.

I also wounder if this character might, at least at the start of the game, be tasked with capturing/ hunting down the 'rogue' Master Chief. 

That's why theory. Go away godammit.

Hahaha well, I was thinking of someone trained as a deeper Spartan (better than SIV) just to follow direct orders from ONI (Oni emblem in his chest) and maybe one of ONI's orders are to eliminate or capture Chief.

not mine

LI9RG0w.png

Tetsuya Normura? Halo World for Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed

What the cover art means.

8QcxrVk.png

But wait, if Chief kicks that guy's butt in the campaign.... means that Casual/Noob > Competitive/Pro!?  :kappa:

I miss that thread.

What are the general timelines for game developers to drop a beta for their new game?  Is it the same year, a couple months prior to?  I think 343 learned their lesson from last time and will be looking for some player input and fixing code and whatever else the beta does for the developer side... but really I just wanna get my hands on Halo 5 ASAP!!!  B)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Went away for like 1 or 2 days and this forum went cray cray, relax people.

1. Love the fact halo 5 will come out in 2015, not only does this mean that H2A is all the more likely, it also means that the game will be generally more polished and likely won't be a halo 4 clone, the way things were said makes me believe it'll go open world but I'll wait for more info.

2. Love the subtitle, people don't understand that subtitles aren't supposed to just sound badass, they are meant to reflect the overall theme of the game, "Guardians" likely means it'll be about forerunner stuff, sadly it'll mean the sandbox will be about as cluttered/redundant as 4's but oh well.

3. Concept art is odd, likely an antagonist of some sorts but could be just about anything.

4. BR/AR confirmed pretty much, can't say I'm surprised but disappointed nonetheless.

Can't wait for E3 :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss that thread.

What are the general timelines for game developers to drop a beta for their new game?  Is it the same year, a couple months prior to?  I think 343 learned their lesson from last time and will be looking for some player input and fixing code and whatever else the beta does for the developer side... but really I just wanna get my hands on Halo 5 ASAP!!!  B)

The earliest Halo has had was 3-4 months before release. Halo 5's release window seems to be around September to November of 2015, so anywhere from next April to July is the earliest we could expect a beta if they did one. 

I've seen some peoples ideas what they'd like to return and what could possibly work. Like sprint be in certain playlists. Why not have a Ranked and Social playlist like H3 did? I know it splits the community a bit. But if a causal gamer gets on he/she could try out Social before jumping into ranked. All ranked would be doing will be adding or removing certain aspects of Social. Motion Sensor, (De-Scope?), Sprint, Loadouts, Ordinances etc.. Get where I'm coming from? I think H4 would have been better if it was like this.. IDK just my PO on this subject. But I'm excited to see what E3 has to offer in terms of games not just Halo :)  Speaking of E3 does anyone know if it'll be live-streamed to da internet? Cause I don't have Cable atm and probably won't have it back in time. Thanks in Advance!