CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

that's good to know. i loved the BR and LR but couldn't get a handle on any of the other weapons. 

I personally like the way they implemented ADS. it just needs tweaks because some of the scopes were too distracting.

I think it looks pretty unique on autos, the sniper and dmr were fine as well. Pretty much every other gun needs tuning though that's for sure.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You can do a groundpound stall from just a jump. Groundpound from a normal jump wont kill. 

Is that how it works now? That's an interesting change. 

I didn't know the Ground Pound was so controversial. The only thing I don't care for is the suspended animation during thrusting. It looks clunky.  

What can you do out of a normal jump?

A groundpound stall is possible. https://youtu.be/xTjWNLiSGuY?t=7m30s

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can do a groundpound stall from just a jump. Groundpound from a normal jump wont kill. 

A groundpound stall is possible. https://youtu.be/xTjWNLiSGuY?t=7m30s

I really like subtle things like this. I think it opens up the combat potential. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like subtle things like this. I think it opens up the combat potential.

bit of a risky move, but may have some uses.

All complaints aside, I think that if Halo 5 launches successfully as planned, it would be as good as Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone should've said to that user that The Fall of Reach was released before Halo: CE.

TIL

All complaints aside, I think that if Halo 5 launches successfully as planned, it would be as good as Halo 2.

Halo 2 was a trend setter. Halo 5 blindly follows trends because "#immersion"
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 was a trend setter. Halo 5 blindly follows trends because "#immersion"

All 3 OG Halos were trend setters. I don't think Halo 5 will even be as good as Reach, let alone CE, 2 or 3.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

All 3 OG Halos were trend setters. I don't think Halo 5 will even be as good as Reach, let alone CE, 2 or 3.

Fuck I hope not. Halo 5 vanilla will (should) be a lot better then Reach vanilla, but I dont think Halo 5 at its best setting will be better then Reach at its best (v7). I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck I hope not. Halo 5 vanilla will (should) be a lot better then Reach vanilla, but I dont think Halo 5 at its best setting will be better then Reach at its best (v7). I hope I'm wrong.

If "we hired people who hated halo" still holds true then I don't think that wil be the case.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Really enjoyed this. This guy has some great videos about the Direction franchises like halo, destiny, and COD are headed in and the problems with them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I recommend everyone subscribe to that guy ^ one of, if not the best Halo commentator on YouTube. Smart kid.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I really enjoyed his videos about Destiny, but I do feel like I should mention the title says it's a speculation video... also it's 2 years old.