CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.”  That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine.  Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

So there are two things I took away from this.

1. They are pouring a "bigger" effort into Halo 5 than they did with Halo 4. This is a relative term, and it could simply be they are saying they had to retool to work on XB1. But I hope that they did a lot more than just get it to work on XB1. I hope that we get a full map editor like FC3, where extreme power is well balanced with ease of use. Laying aside the unique pieces specific to XB1, I would think that the carry over are things like how the spawns work or some of the things they "learned" from Halo 4.

2. They are transferring over to Halo 5 ideas that show their talent, that show that they can learn from their mistakes, and their abilities to make a title that will succeed. Technology - Netcode; Aesthetics - better cohesion between palette and canvas (no more Ravine); Performance and Scale - split screen, rendering; embracing the community - COMPETITIVE GAME PLAY AT THE CORE!

that is how I read it and that is what i sort of hope for.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sooo... was Halo 5 guardians the only reveal last night? Can someone link me all the details so I can fanboy out?

Also Dersky tweeted this out.

Dersky pls... make Halo good.

I get the feeling that the multiplayer is pretty polished and close to being finished already. The delay is probably for the campaign.

Multiplayer beta after e3?

I'm just waiting for a small clip of h5  :\ 

343i show us you listened

Keep in mind...

Just because they don't show you sprint doesn't mean it isn't there...

Can I be honest here? 

I am not hyped --- Still letting it sink in that H2A was merely a pipe dream. 

Guess Halo will remain dead until 2015, bummer. (is that the release date?)

Can I be honest here? 

Guess Halo will remain dead until 2015, bummer. 

Bonnie Ross still said that our Halo journey will begin in 2014. Don't know why you think we have to wait a year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It will be the same thing that happened with the small clip they did for H4.  They put out the BR clips, and everyone went crazy - WE BACK, THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST, blah blah blah..  The hype train starts, and then... well we all know. 

If anyone in here is willing to bet - I will put 100$ on the fact that there WILL be sprint in H5.   

Bonnie Ross still said that our Halo journey will begin in 2014. Don't know why you think we have to wait a year.

Originally we were told Halo 5 was to be released in 2015

or at least that was the rumor

Correct. If H5 is Fall of 2015, then something else will be out Fall 2014 - H2A

Can I be honest here? 

What are you talking about H2A is coming in 2014, H5 is coming in 2015 just leak the said it was and this effectivley confirms that H2A is coming.

"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games"

sprint, AA, perks, loadouts

confirmed

We were never told that. All we knew is that Halo will be coming to Xbox One on 2014 which can still happen. It just won't be Halo 5

YEEEEEEE!!! #H2AConfirmed

Practically anyway.... Now I just hope for it's original multiplayer... and if they care about fully "replicating it's legacy" or whatever like they said like with CEA, then I would think the multiplayer would be the first thing they'd have in mind.

I'm excited to see what's in store in the coming weeks. :)

"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games" sprint, AA, perks, loadouts confirmed

No they were talking about the graphics engine there it was obviousit by the context when they mentioned it were talking about graphics not gameplay.

Can I be honest here? 

This confirms H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games" sprint, AA, perks, loadouts confirmed

CORE elements, foundational type stuff...  aka recharging shields, guns/grenades/melee gameplay... etc.

I wouldn't call sprint, AA's, perks/loadouts core Halo gameplay. They were additions in Reach afterall, the 5th Halo release. They could very well still be in the game (I'm hoping not) but they're basically just saying to expect the same Halo gameplay once again, despite the new engine and all of that.

But that was really a given anyways...

Please stop saying H2A is confirmed, I cringe every time. Yes, it is very likely, and YES, the one leak seems to be coming true (not the open world nonsense), but that doesn't confirm anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please stop saying H2A is confirmed, I cringe every time. Yes, it is very likely, and YES, the one leak seems to be coming true (not the open world nonsense), but that doesn't confirm anything.

How many days to E3?

Gosh... the biggest teaser so far an I don't think anyone has asked "what is the guardian guarding and from whom and what is master chief's role and is cortana in the story and..."

Oh come on.

...that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step.

If that doesn't confirm H2A I don't know what does, what do we think she means? Halo 4.5? Spartan Assault 2?  :kappa: