CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

ESL is better international exposure though. And the production for their events was outstanding.

There's two sides to every medal.

from what I heard, MLG organizes things more efficiently for Am players? They organize the big brackets better?

LOL nope.

ESL is huge in the PC gaming front, having Halo on there is actually good for international recognition. On the flipside MLG is probably BIGGER in terms of console game support. Console kids only know of MLG.

I was talking about consoles lol. My bad for not clarifying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've bought all at launch so far, I even bought two copies of H4 because one came 24h late, that's how excited I was to play it but that excitement just isn't there for this game because of the track record 343 have. I am looking forwards to backwards compatibility a lot more than h5 and that's just a little sad.

Never got excited for H4 and thought it sounded terrible from all the information pre release but I enjoyed the H5G beta despite a few frustrations in terms of mechanics and had fun with the game and the ranking system and I'm pretty excited for H5 now. Hopefully I'm not as disappointed as you no doubt had been for H4 and H5 can retain a healthy population up there with Halo Reach at least. We shall see.

I was talking about consoles lol. My bad for not clarifying.

Its alright, but MLG and ESL is good for Halo.

Halo lacks an International community like big PC games( CSGO, DOTA, Starcaft ).

MLG can run a strong NA league and ESL can build up International support and bring in foreign teams for when the World Finals happen. 

So with maps we have:

Arena

• Truth
  • Regret
  • Empire
  • Eden
  • Forge Pallet 1
  • Breakout Arena
  • Fathom
  • Coliseum
  • "Rig"
  • "Plaza" (Potential Remix as well)"

Warzone

That leaves us with 2 more Warzone maps and 4 more Arena maps. We don't know if Warzone is being count as the 20 on disc maps, we still don't know if the on disc forge maps are counted as the 20, and we still haven't seen BTB maps probably because we won't be getting a BTB playlist at launch due to Warzone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Mlg AND esl are running halo 5 tournaments? Do you guys realize how huge this is?

Not only that but the 1 mill prize pool is just the start. It's 1 mill. + crowd funding.

This gon be big

So are they aware of the massive bullet magnetism for the pistol? 

3o85xyjdxh8AgDa1sk.gif

Don't use spectator mode footage as proof. It works of the Theater engine which has always been shit. Considering that the scope bug is still in, it is VERY unreliable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i would need to know what do the rifles have an advantage over the pistol and vice versa with the pistol over the rifles. i know theres gotta be some ki d of risk vs reward thing going on, but this match didnt show that to me.

Having a pistol:

+ increased draw speed

+ increased peripheral vision

+ faster reload speed

+ faster melees if it's like Halo 4 (not confirmed at all, just speculation)

+ skill factor

+ motivates people to move around a bit more

+/- makes the Flagnum not as pointless (one could argue that there shouldn't be a way to defend yourself while having the flag) 

- less bullets per clip

- less effective range

- weaker zoom

- shots more punishing to miss (vs. burst)

I noticed that too. It wouldn't surprise me if spectator mode was the cause though. CoD seems to be the same, sometimes you see shots connect that REALLY shouldn't have when watching final kill cams during tournaments. It might have to do with how the first person camera is just a slight bit behind what's happening in the actual in-game environment.

4a8c611626159d560ec6bff717e42b43.gif

If not, well fuck.

I think the only reason Halo 4 got M was because of that scene where Random Scientist Woman's skin falls off.

reach was legitimately a dark game, civilians get killed, there's mutilation lots of death and destruction. It's really the only real m halo game, the others were really pushing it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I suppose it could be the spectator mode. Didn't really think about that since I'm not used to halo having it. 

Yeah, I suppose it could be the spectator mode. Didn't really think about that since I'm not used to halo having it. 

inb4 people thinking half the population was hacking or lag switching

Its alright, but MLG and ESL is good for Halo.

Halo lacks an International community like big PC games( CSGO, DOTA, Starcaft ).

MLG can run a strong NA league and ESL can build up International support and bring in foreign teams for when the World Finals happen.

Halo is looking good. They need to annouce euhcs.

Don't use spectator mode footage as proof. It works of the Theater engine which has always been shit. Considering that the scope bug is still in, it is VERY unreliable.

this

Having a pistol:

+ increased draw speed

+ increased peripheral vision

+ faster reload speed

+ faster melees if it's like Halo 4 (not confirmed at all, just speculation)

+ skill factor

+ motivates people to move around a bit more

+/- makes the Flagnum not as pointless (one could argue that there shouldn't be a way to defend yourself while having the flag) 

- less bullets per clip

- less effective range

- weaker zoom

- shots more punishing to miss (vs. burst)

why is this a negative?

The map looked pretty good, though I won't say anything final until I play it. It does remind me of the map from halo 4 with the gravlift in the middle unfortunately.

3o85xyjdxh8AgDa1sk.gif

if its not the spec mode, the i wouldnt be surprised because otherwise.. how will it compete against rifles?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

if its not the spec mode, the i wouldnt be surprised because otherwise.. how will it compete against rifles?

It is spec mode. Note how the reticle doesn't even turn red when he's pointing directly at him.