CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

ok where do i watch this... im on my phone and the dam twitch app has nothing on halo whe i search

It's on the Xbox twitch channel, not halo.

Yep beginning of this trailer it says T

I'm skeptical of what that means. I'm afraid that they will scale the content down to appeal to kids.

Halo was never really the "mature" game people made it out to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ty. i assume this cant be seen via twitch app on phones?

Not sure, on my PC right now so I can't say. Sorry.

whats the deal with MLG taking back Halo?

this doesnt make Halo 5 anything better, it also doesnt change the LAN events' type of presentation and broadcast that we already have

just because former Halos had their prime with MLG doesnt mean itll be the same with Halo 5

aside from that ESL is the better handled league platform out of the two with a much higher wolrdwide advertency

nostalgia is the only thing that speaks for MLG imo

• Upvote (+1) 3

this doesnt make Halo 5 anything better, it also doesnt change the LAN events' type of presentation and broadcast that we already have

just because former Halos had their prime with MLG doesnt mean itll be the same with Halo 5

aside from that ESL is the better handled league platform out of the two with a much higher wolrdwide advertency

I don't understand the need either. Sure, I think it would be cool if MLG came back and did some tournaments, but it won't change Halo's gameplay or anything. ESL is doing perfectly fine in terms of production quality and reaching out.

ESL is still in. I'm assuming MLG will be another streaming platform and might provide casters, venues and/or organize events.

Notice that YouTube Gaming is in despite Twitch still being around.

Immersion tends to tone down the maturity of a game and its content.

it was bound to happen eventually, halo was always a pretty soft m game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

biggest advantage is 1 more league interested in running Halo tournaments.

Nostalgia is definitely a big part of it, but I think having MLG involved might lend a bit more credibility to the scene in the eyes of newcomers, particulary competitive gamers who are new to competitive Halo.

longer than smg starts in halo 2 am rite? unless you still think that is the same thing....

abou to watch it...I'll see if the ar/pistol start is better than the alpha.

MLG is much bigger than ESL and better. They raised viewship by 80k for cod....

• Downvote (-1) 2

Looking through the new screenshots here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians#94048 It seems like they technically revealed at least 3 new Arena maps. Coliseum, which we saw at the briefing, "Rig", and "Plaza". It seems like Plaza might have a remix to it seeing as how there are pictures of night and day both with Plaza in the URL. 

Could just be lighting or a different area of the map but they seemed fairly different

You may as well just wait until the game is out two weeks if you aren't sure about the game, especially after a beta. The only Halo game I didn't buy at launch was Halo 4 and I was rewarded for my patience as it ended up being a disappointment so I only rented it months after release and spared myself the disappointment that would have came with a purchase. If it turns out to be good then all you will miss out on is the initial excitement of release week and the practice and time other people will have over you but that won't matter much until you get placed in arena.

I've bought all at launch so far, I even bought two copies of H4 because one came 24h late, that's how excited I was to play it but that excitement just isn't there for this game because of the track record 343 have. I am looking forwards to backwards compatibility a lot more than h5 and that's just a little sad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ESL is better international exposure though. And the production for their events was outstanding.

There's two sides to every medal.

just finished watching the gamescom match. the pistol is definitely buffed, but i didnt see much of any br vs pistol or dmr vs pistol to form a solid opinion yet.

i would need to know what do the rifles have an advantage over the pistol and vice versa with the pistol over the rifles. i know theres gotta be some ki d of risk vs reward thing going on, but this match didnt show that to me.

Looking through the new screenshots here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians#94048 It seems like they technically revealed at least 3 new Arena maps. Coliseum, which we saw at the briefing, "Rig", and "Plaza". It seems like Plaza might have a remix to it seeing as how there are pictures of night and day both with Plaza in the URL. 

Could just be lighting or a different area of the map but they seemed fairly different

Eden's lighting looks much better in those screenshots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL nope.

ESL is huge in the PC gaming front, having Halo on there is actually good for international recognition. On the flipside MLG is probably BIGGER in terms of console game support. Console kids only know of MLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it was bound to happen eventually, halo was always a pretty soft m game.

Halo 5 also won't have the Flood in campaign, so there's no grotesque mutating human & alien bodies to bump up the rating to M either

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice find - I personally like a lot of the detailing on the Spartans.  I hope much of this will be customizable to an extent.

500$ for the halo 5 console? Yeah, no. The forza one is 400$.

Holy shit. I might just buy this even though I have the white One.

EDIT: Shit its $500? Okay imma stick with the one I have now

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 also won't have the Flood in campaign, so there's no grotesque mutating human & alien bodies to bump up the rating to M either

I think the only reason Halo 4 got M was because of that scene where Random Scientist Woman's skin falls off.

• Upvote (+1) 1