CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm anxious to see what the prize pools for regular season tournaments will look like. I imagine they'd be scaled up as well.

I wonder how many views this had? Regardless this was a great way for Halo esports to be introduced to a bunch of people I'm sure. It's kinda corny watching Simms and Bravo commentate pre-recorded gameplay while in stage but they did great and I can't think of a better way to show off competitive Halo to more people.

Judging by the comments on the Eurogamer livestream (I'm at work, can't watch)  it wasn't highly thought of.

Lots of  "esports is stupid"  "where is campaign"   "this is awkward" 

Anyone manage to cap it and can upload the footage for us poor people stuck at work?

I just watched that Fathom gameplay that came out last night. So happy that we don't have to hear "Slayer, control POWER WEAPONS to defeat the enemy team!" every single time a game of Slayer loads up

How long before there's a waypoint thread where somebody says "WHAT THE EFF 343 HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD BE CONTROLLING THE POWER WEAPONS IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHEN THE MATCH STARTS????"

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to see a full match. Not snippets of a pre-recorded match. I would be fine if the pistol was a 4 shot. Lets make it happen.

i want 4sk, but based on what i saw even at 5sk the pistol is a competant utility weapon as it is over the br

And you expected to suddenly like Halo 5 today? With the Halo 5 we have there literally couldn't have been a better presentation for us competitive guys.

Are you suddenly convinced it's a brilliant game from today? My opinion has been made up from months of news, forums posts, beta gameplay, map showcases. I was the one who was telling all my friends to give Reach a chance, then to give h4 a chance because I believed in 343 and then again to give mcc a chance (because even though H4 was terrible, how could they mess up ce/h2/h3 as they have already been made?).

Now it's their time to convince me. I want to like it but so far I'm just not impressed.

underwhelming broadcast, Im certain that the HCS settings will be tweaked to remove radar. 

Im excited to see the optic videos here in the next couple days telling you what they really thought.

Okay, Mr. Holmes.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

i want 4sk, but based on what i saw even at 5sk the pistol is a competant utility weapon as it is over the br

Is this the settings for the invitational? I would like to see some more gameplay to make a better judgement. I would rather the dmr personally but its not like the h5 br is trash either. We get a decent weapon no matter whats chosen.

Are you suddenly convinced it's a brilliant game from today? My opinion has been made up from months of news, forums posts, beta gameplay, map showcases. I was the one who was telling all my friends to give Reach a chance, then to give h4 a chance because I believed in 343 and then again to give mcc a chance (because even though H4 was terrible, how could they mess up ce/h2/h3 as they have already been made?).

Now it's their time to convince me. I want to like it but so far I'm just not impressed.

No I've liked Halo 5 since I played I played it. And I understand why you wouldn't like the game I just don't know why you'd still be expecting to have your mind changed a few months away from launch. 

What else could 343 have realistically done to top what they showed? I agree the map looks aesthetically weird but besides that, unless you were expecting a gigantic overhaul since the last time we saw Arena gameplay it couldn't have got any better. 

Wait. So MLG is doing Halo again?

YES

ESL

MLG

TWITCH

YOUTUBE