CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

jH9tb4T.gif

Dunno if anyone else noticed but there is water dripping on the Spartans during the intro cinematic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

jH9tb4T.gif

Dunno if anyone else noticed but there is water dripping on the Spartans during the intro cinematic.

Nah, pretty sure they're just sweaty try-hards  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 6

jH9tb4T.gif

Someone should probably take a look at that leak.

$1 million prizemoney? 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/technology/with-halo-5-microsoft-seeks-to-lure-e-sports-players-back.html?smid=tw-nytimestech&seid=auto&_r=0

"Now, for Microsoft and other game makers, e-sports is considered a crucial leg to the multimillion-dollar marketing push — a way to extend a game’s reach to a highly dedicated group of gamers. As part of that push, Microsoft will announce on Tuesday that its Halo competition will give away a total of $1 million in prize money, the most ever for the game."

Ny times article up. Pretty vague. I guess it means halo 5 will have a cod like championship for 1 million. Not sure how req packs will fit into that, or if they're talking about the gamescom invitational?

Hopefully there's more

where can I watch the stream today?

they'll show it on the Xbox twitch channel and you can also watch on xbox.com and from the XBOne directly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The base movement speed still seems a bit slow, but a lot of the other stuff I saw seemed to progressing just fine. I'd like to see it in the hands of some competitive players, though, so I'm really looking forward to the invitational.

It really bothers me that the player at 1:30 didn't just clean up the kill with a pistol.

From what I can tell from the pistol kill starting at 1:46, it looked like the guy he was shooting at had OS, and he got two shots into him before one of his teammates (TFHD) grazed him with a ground pound and he finished him off with one more shot. There was at least one other teamshot coming in the on OS guy from what seemed to be a BR (JKVJ).

So assuming the enemy's OS was fully powered, it took three pistol shots, one BR burst, and a ground pound of damage before popping. I'm hoping the OS was just weak, because I'd really like to see OS as a viable pickup again.

Plasma Caster has a pretty good blast radius, and the Storm Rifle looks like it eats shields alive.

$1 million prizemoney? 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/technology/with-halo-5-microsoft-seeks-to-lure-e-sports-players-back.html?smid=tw-nytimestech&seid=auto&_r=0

"Now, for Microsoft and other game makers, e-sports is considered a crucial leg to the multimillion-dollar marketing push — a way to extend a game’s reach to a highly dedicated group of gamers. As part of that push, Microsoft will announce on Tuesday that its Halo competition will give away a total of $1 million in prize money, the most ever for the game."

:)

It appears the $1million tourney is happening boys. Looks like I get to permaban PGL_Superior from my chat.

Today is a good day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Million dollar tournament oct 24-26 hosted by mlg. Thats my prediction

Pre-release? That's cute.

So you are confirming then....  :intel:

I think we should wait until all the details come out.  :wutface:

$1 mil for an event, $1 mil for a calendar year, or $1 mil for the lifespan of H5?

If its the first or the second I guess that's big news. At least its guaranteed to keep people interested up until that event(s) regardless of the game itself. Just like with the Halo 4 Global Championship.

f339c33cd22d9c7328afaf0a79b2697e.png

This is essentially what we all want to see. I never thought bad of Formal, enable etc jumping ship for COD. It was and is a more viable "job" for them. Now the question is do they play both games or will they choose? 

Halo now has the big Orgs, has the prize money. The only thing we lack now is the population. For the likes of Formal, twitch is a great source of income and they could lose on that if they did come back unfortunately .

• Upvote (+1) 1

f339c33cd22d9c7328afaf0a79b2697e.png

This is essentially what we all want to see. I never thought bad of Formal, enable etc jumping ship for COD. It was and is a more viable "job" for them. Now the question is do they play both games or will they choose? 

Halo now has the big Orgs, has the prize money. The only thing we lack now is the population. For the likes of Formal, twitch is a great source of income and they could lose on that if they did come back unfortunately .

Unless Formal goes with the Optic Name...I dont think he can just come back to Halo to play with whoever he wants.

the article is pretty vague but I think people are interpreting it as 1 million for one tournament. It's probably one million total for an HCS season. 150K each event or something.

Holy shit 1 millie? #WeBack. Also I wouldnt mind seeing BR starts and Pistol secondary for competitive.