CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The audio cue for a kill was present in Warzone footage but the beeps for each shot seem to be removed.

Correction: Only the Headshot cue was present.

and how long until someone is a "master"? Even pros don't 4 shot consistently in games they play for years. If the other weapons are so much easier than the pistol it's going to be all about which team has them. The skill difference between pistols and the other precision weapons can't be too big. The whole point of Halo is supposed to be that you spawn on equal footing as your enemy (unless they have power weaps and power ups which are won based on map control anyway. If the pistol is too hard to use it's gonna be a bad time.

the bold is dependent on the players skill, as it should be.

the 2nd bold is a big if, which based on what we've heard 343 say regarding the post beta buff to the pistol and warzone footage, is unlikely at this point.

at the 3rd bold, ok so explain how everyone starting with a pistol somehow goes against this. if the pistol kills quicker it should require more skill to use if its going to be a utility weapon as opposed to the other rifles. there's a difference between being easy to use and being easy to master.the current zoom mechanics are what make the h5 pistol hard to use, but outside of that it's no harder to use than a dmr

It never was actually 'flinch' as far as I am aware. It was just your weapon and HUD shaking pretty violently when you were shot. It could be described as 'flinching' but it wasn't the same as Flinch from Halo 4 that moved your reticle

If you read my post earlier I acknowledged flinch in Halo 5 was always purely visual. I just find it amusing how it was first described as a bug that was going to be "fixed" yet still remains in the game post beta but toned down. Either flinch was never a bug to begin with and was intentionally put in or 343 decided to include a bug in their final game but toned it down. Whatever the scenario is, I just find it funny and at the end of the day it's not a big deal, it's just something I imagine is going to be less annoying than what it was in the beta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correction: Only the Headshot cue was present.

I was just gonna ask about that. I know the headshot is a clear pop, but isn't there still a much more subtle noise for regular kills?

If you read my post earlier I acknowledged flinch in Halo 5 was always purely visual. I just find it amusing how it was first a bug that was going to be "fixed" yet still remains in the game post beta but toned down. Either flinch was never a bug to begin with and was intentionally put in or 343 decided to include a bug in their final game but toned it down. Whatever the scenario is, I just find it funny and at the end of the day it's not a big deal, it's just something I imagine is going to be less annoying than what it was in the beta.

wait i'm confused, are you saying visual flinch as even while hipfiring my camera shakes? is descope in effect?

If you read my post earlier I acknowledged flinch in Halo 5 was always purely visual. I just find it amusing how it was first described as a bug that was going to be "fixed" yet still remains in the game post beta but toned down. Either flinch was never a bug to begin with and was intentionally put in or 343 decided to include a bug in their final game but toned it down. Whatever the scenario is, I just find it funny and at the end of the day it's not a big deal, it's just something I imagine is going to be less annoying than what it was in the beta.

I just watched some Warzone footage because I had completely forgotten about the 'flinch' effect. I watched a few gunfights and to be honest it may just be me but I can barely notice it at all. Maybe link me to a clip where the HUD/Weapon shake is very severe? I don't really see it :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

the bold is dependent on the players skill, as it should be.

the 2nd bold is a big if, which based on what we've heard 343 say regarding the post beta buff to the pistol and warzone footage, is unlikely at this point.

at the 3rd bold, ok so explain how everyone starting with a pistol somehow goes against this. if the pistol kills quicker it should require more skill to use if its going to be a utility weapon as opposed to the other rifles. there's a difference between being easy to use and being easy to master.the current zoom mechanics are what make the h5 pistol hard to use, but outside of that it's no harder to use than a dmr

The whole point is a faster kill time doesn't make a weapon more viable off spawn if there is an alternative with similar ttk that is noticeably easier to use.

How is a race for rifles or any thing else bad?

I mean should we remove all pickups?

Because once a team gets rifles...it's basically game over.

Go play SMG starts in H2, fine example.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The whole point is a faster kill time doesn't make a weapon more viable off spawn if there is an alternative with similar ttk that is noticeably easier to use.

depends on your definition of noticeably(which is cleary different from mine), and how much faster the kill time is. none of the rifles except the carbine(which is easy to master) and the light rifle(which has too many varying kill times due to fire modes) have a similiar ttk so your point is invalid.

Because once a team gets rifles...it's basically game over.

Go play SMG starts in H2, fine example.

so we're still comparing h2 smg starts to h5 pistol starts as if that makes any sense? ok

go watch h5 beta vids with br starts, thats a fine example of why the br starts should be avoided like the plauge at high levels of play

depends on your definition of noticeably(which is cleary different from mine), and how much faster the kill time is. none of the rifles except the carbine(which is easy to master) and the light rifle(which has too many varying kill times due to fire modes) have a similiar ttk so your point is invalid.

so we're still comparing h2 smg starts to h5 pistol starts as if that makes any sense? ok

go watch h5 beta vids with br starts, thats a fine example of why the br starts should be avoided like the plauge at high levels of play

we'll see how it works at the invitational

it would do the same with the pistol

it would do the same with the pistol

based on the numerous vids of pistol starts in h5 vs vids of br starts in h5, on top of playing experience of both scenarios in the beta and the disparity between their killtimes still being noticeably different post beta, i'm going to say no :P. but it's like you said we will see at the invitational.

based on the numerous vids of pistol starts in h5 vs vids of br starts in h5, on top of playing experience of both scenarios in the beta and the disparity between their killtimes still being noticeably different post beta, i'm going to say no :P. but it's like you said we will see at the invitational.

Exactly. Haha don't worry I'm not just targeting you cuz I'm just worried about the game

Marines need to be more deadly since most of the time they're the only ones guarding bases. @@Sal1ent

Also H5 frags are pretty much smoke grenades.

Marines need to be more deadly since most players don't sit around and guard bases, they are the only thing guarding them, and they're weak as fuck.

Also H5 frags are pretty much smoke grenades.

Halo 5 Frags are really powerful. Don't know what kinda rocks the enemy threw at you in game. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 Frags are really powerful. Don't know what kinda rocks the enemy threw at you in game. :P

No, I literally meant they create lots of smoke. More than H2's maybe.

No, I literally meant they create lots of smoke. More than H2's maybe.

Oh, you mean visually. I get it now. I thought the smoke grenade implication meant useless, as people use the term a lot.

A while back RoosterTeeth showed a few snippets of this Fathom Gameplay. We now have the full video up in better quality, with some additional footage from the B-Roll. Check it out

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just watched some Warzone footage because I had completely forgotten about the 'flinch' effect. I watched a few gunfights and to be honest it may just be me but I can barely notice it at all. Maybe link me to a clip where the HUD/Weapon shake is very severe? I don't really see it :/

https://youtu.be/d6W5OaavH98?t=526

Start watching at 8:48, he gets shot from behind and by the side which is when it is most noticeable. When you get shot from the front it's not very noticeable at all though which is good and all that matters really, but it seems unnecessary and simply lighting up the side of the screen in the direction that you're getting shot from (like Halo 3) is still the best imo.

A while back RoosterTeeth showed a few snippets of this Fathom Gameplay. We now have the full video up in better quality, with some additional footage from the B-Roll. Check it out

Either all that gameplay is setup to make their new abilities seem offensive or we have confirmation that people over at 343 never played Halo and their skill level is equal to me holding the controller upside down behind my back. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://youtu.be/d6W5OaavH98?t=526

Start watching at 8:48, he gets shot from behind and by the side which is when it is most noticeable. When you get shot from the front it's not very noticeable at all though which is good and all that matters really.

Yup, you're definitely right. Not as bad as beta but still noticeable. I'd prefer it to be gone but I'll decide how bad it at actually is in real gunfights.

I can not "fathom" this gameplay  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just noticed this, but Jeff doesn't sound like a bloody robot anymore. This has made me happy beyond imagination.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pistol is 4sk from what I can tell, but I could be blind. Not wearing my glasses lol

Pistol is 4sk from what I can tell, but I could be blind. Not wearing my glasses lol

it's 5sk, this was like a month ago but someone got a perfect medal with 5 shots in a warzone game