CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watch pros when they play they never reload after each individual kill. That would be a huge inconvenience. If the pistols clip isn't big enough to kill at least 3 people with perfect shots it will be a problem. The point isn't to kill 3 people at once, it's that with a large enough clip you can fight for a decent amount of time without havering to completely remove yourself from combat. If you think all these animations take you out of combat too much wait until you see a weapon that has to reload like crazy.

One reloads as fast as you have the opportunity to do so. It's pretty often - Sometimes it's after every kill, and other times it's not. 

At the same time I think it's a good thing that there bullets enough for a few kills per clip.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No it's because each precision weapon offered better combat at weird specific ranges making the winner of a fight the person with the weapon better suited for that range.

which only become a problem with unequal starts and no map pick ups. being that these rifles are map pickups, the potential encounters of not knowing what your opponent has or what advantage your opponent has because of their gun are both less in number and a reward of securing map positions.

replace rifles with power weapons and the argument remains the same.

One reloads as fast as you have the opportunity to do so. It's pretty often - Sometimes it's after every kill, and other times it's not.

At the same time I think it's a good thing that there bullets enough for a few kills per clip.

Rarely do I see pros reload after one kill. Thy always are looking all over the map reacting to call outs. Clip size being too small would be a pretty stupid way to slow down combat.

Yeah, the Halo 3 BR doesn't have to be the standard for burst weapons. I mean, by DESIGN, some rounds are meant to go so far off target, that they end up in a different zipcode. We don't look at the DMR from Reach with Vanilla settings and insist that the DMR can only function in this way. As long as the weapon's burst remains tight and consistent, I don't really see a problem with the weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watch pros when they play they never reload after each individual kill. That would be a huge inconvenience. If the pistols clip isn't big enough to kill at least 3 people with perfect shots it will be a problem. The point isn't to kill 3 people at once, it's that with a large enough clip you can fight for a decent amount of time without havering to completely remove yourself from combat. If you think all these animations take you out of combat too much wait until you see a weapon that has to reload like crazy.

Pros reload after kills too unless they hear a callout letting them know someone is either in their vicinity, weak somewhere or about to be in their line of sight. It's common sense. Unless you're gonna bring up H2A's laser gun with ridiculous aim assist on it and almost guaranteed perfect kills anyway.

Nevertheless, I don't disagree, but we're talking about the difference between 12 shots @ 4sk vs. 12 shots @ 5sk. In the end, that's a two (or three depending on how you look at it) shot difference. I fail to see how that would make it a "weapon that has to reload like crazy". Don't you think people reload anyway as soon as two kills are gotten with a single BR clip and one of them wasn't perfect? Unless you have a teammate with you and guaranteed team shots, you're going to.

We'll see how it turns out this weekend anyway. Right now it's a truckload of speculation. If anything, I just want to see the pistol changed to 4sk so we can get over it. Been suggesting that for months now.

which only become a problem with unequal starts and no map pick ups. being that these rifles are map pickups, the potential encounters of not knowing what your opponent has or what advantage your opponent has because of their gun are both less in number and a reward of securing map positions.

replace rifles with power weapons and the argument remains the same.

Having a bunch of different niche precision weapons on the map doesn't fix the problem at all. They are still there and cause randomness that shouldn't be there.

um that was because of loadouts? you want have to worry about someone who just spawned running up on you with a random rifle in h5 as the ones who will have rifles will also have power positioning. at that point you should expect a player to have swapped out his ar

Did I say it was exactly the same and that loadouts are in Halo 5? No. I used Halo 4 as an example because it shows what happens when the sandbox is inflated with heaps of marginally different weapons and items. Halo 5's precision sandbox is either a failed attempt at perfect balance or a mediocre attempt at perfect imbalance.

Also, once you see another player, it's almost always too late to react to what weapon they're using unless they whiff half a clip, which isn't easy to do these days, and even if you could react, the advantages of each rifle are barely situationally different and have no distinct counters. Compare this to a useful, unique weapon like Halo CE's Plasma Rifle; you knew to crouch if the assailant was going for the headshot bonus, which might allow you to dodge a few shots and escape the plasma stun long enough to pull off a Pistol kill.

Also, once you see another player, it's almost always too late to react to what weapon they're using

I'll go ahead and say thrusters are a solution to this problem... at least to an extent.

Not that I like their defensive use, compared to the room there is for sick jukes and aggressive movement, but gotta make use of what's available.

Having a bunch of different niche precision weapons on the map doesn't fix the problem at all. They are still there and cause randomness that shouldn't be there.

it's not random when everyone have a chance to grab them from the map, especially if only one of them spawns.

truth only had the br and dmr as map pickups

regret had the br and the light rifle(only one)

empire had the sniper(two) and the br

that hardly qualifies as a bunch.

Did I say it was exactly the same and that loadouts are in Halo 5? No. I used Halo 4 as an example because it shows what happens when the sandbox is inflated with heaps of marginally different weapons and items. Halo 5's precision sandbox is either a failed attempt at perfect balance or a mediocre attempt at perfect imbalance.

Also, once you see another player, it's almost always too late to react to what weapon they're using unless they whiff half a clip, which isn't easy to do these days, and even if you could react, the advantages of each rifle are barely situationally different and have no distinct counters. Compare this to a useful, unique weapon like Halo CE's Plasma Rifle; you knew to crouch if the assailant was going for the headshot bonus, which might allow you to dodge a few shots and escape the plasma stun long enough to pull off a Pistol kill.

thats where you fucked up, halo 4's over abundance of rifles on map is due to loadouts, not because they have 4 rifles and a sniper spawning on a map. halo 5 at most has 2 rifles or a rifle and a sniper on a map depending on which maps.

the difference is why that happens in halo5 vs why that happens in halo4 are two different things. and as vetoed pointed out thrusters is thrusters.

Some observations from recent Warzone footage:

Magnum & DMR have identical ROF & TTK. Only difference is the DMR has more range, and a bigger clip (back up to 15 like Reach).

BR kills slower than both the Magnum & DMR. Is slightly easier to use.

Also, Magnum range has definitely been buffed (looks to be on par with BR), and it has an INSANELY fast reload time. 

Magnum & DMR have identical ROF & TTK. Only difference is the DMR has more range, and a bigger clip (back up to 15 like Reach).

Also, Magnum range has definitely been buffed (looks to be on par with BR), and it has an INSANELY fast reload time. 

link?

that means they may have buffed the dmr to further justify its mini sniper status.

link?

that means they may have buffed the dmr to further justify its mini sniper status.

The most they've done to the DMR is reduce its bloom even more to the point where it's simply aesthetic. RoF remains the same, and range is as well. 

Have they got rid of the recoil on the Pistol? I absolutely hate recoil in Halo games.

Yes

Wait new footage? What did I miss?

also:

@@TheSimms

After @@Bravo mentioned halo.fr and an italien (?) community in the recent blog, is there any change that some of you could drop a hint for german viewers at the stream during the tournament to check out haloorbit.de? (Since it’s in Germany I’m guessing you might have some germans watching who are not hardcore Halo fans yet and you can’t let their first community contact be waypoint  :ghost:  )

Compared to TB it's staff and community is rather small and they don't have a big e-sport focus but it's the last active german speaking Halo community out there and their staff is quite motivated (they had translations for all those Hunt the Truth episodes up in an reasonable time and the site’s admin was among the first, if not the first to post the full version of that cover picture)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have they got rid of the recoil on the Pistol? I absolutely hate recoil in Halo games.

Also there's some pretty good DMR gameplay towards the end of Flameswords gameplay:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d6W5OaavH98

Watching that gameplay I noticed flinch is still in the game. Didn't 343 say flinch was a "bug" during the beta and would be removed in the final build? It looks the same as the beta but toned down. As I recall, flinch had no impact on aiming in the beta and still doesn't judging by that video so I take it 343 just decided to keep the "bug" in the game? Lol.

Get your Mountain Dew and Doritos ready.

tumblr_md00qdAJCA1rjz07to1_500.jpg

Need my Double XP for that hawt CSR 130  :kappa:

Need my Double XP for that hawt CSR 130  :kappa:

Going to the store to hunt double XP codes is still the most fun I had with Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching that gameplay I noticed flinch is still in the game. Didn't 343 say flinch was a "bug" during the beta and would be removed in the final build? It looks the same as the beta but toned down. As I recall, flinch had no impact on aiming in the beta and still doesn't judging by that video so I take it 343 just decided to keep the "bug" in the game? Lol.

Fuck that, flinch and recoil need to be taken out.