CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

what do you need to know.. You pound the ground, and it damages those around you. I don't need 343 to clarify this. 

Exactly.  There's no spin on this that allows it to be a good addition.

what do you need to know.. You pound the ground, and it damages those around you. I don't need 343 to clarify this. 

dude, its the most skillful mechanic added to the Halo series...

Wow you really do believe that we have never had constructive discussions about this topic because you either didn't read or didn't understand the many I've encountered here.

-Making sprint an option splits the entire fanbase.

-A split community makes competitive play a turn-off to casuals and you lose spectators at events, plus it's less likely casuals will consider competing. Casual players and competitive players need to play the same game.

-If sprint is an option, maps have to be designed to accommodate it (ie they are made larger so you can't spawn and run for two seconds to the enemy's base).

So, sprint can't have an on/off switch. It's one or the other. If it's in the game, that implies that every single map will have to be designed around it. You can't just scale a map down by ctrl-click + dragging on a corner with the whole map selected. There's absolutely no way to get around that. So, if you want to contribute at all to this discussion then you need to figure out a way to counter all these points, otherwise nothing you say will be relevant. Are you going to actually contribute or continue being irrelevant? Your choice.

Careful, He may use the "#Adapt" card on you.  Its their last resort.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What we have coming out tonight will hopefully explain this kind of stuff a lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So here's everything. The map looks cool and speed seems to be pretty key to this game, but why can't they just boost the walking speed?

1415641792-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641797-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641795-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641796-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well, here's something positive for a change:

The graphics look phenomenal :)

EDIT: And at least there doesn't seem to be any drastic, eye-blistering, super-dramatic lighting where some areas are ungodly bright and others ridiculously dark.

Wow you really do believe that we have never had constructive discussions about this topic because you either didn't read or didn't understand the many I've encountered here.

-Making sprint an option splits the entire fanbase.

-A split community makes competitive play a turn-off to casuals and you lose spectators at events, plus it's less likely casuals will consider competing. Casual players and competitive players need to play the same game.

-If sprint is an option, maps have to be designed to accommodate it (ie they are made larger so you can't spawn and run for two seconds to the enemy's base).

So, sprint can't have an on/off switch. It's one or the other. If it's in the game, that implies that every single map will have to be designed around it. You can't just scale a map down by ctrl-click + dragging on a corner with the whole map selected. There's absolutely no way to get around that. So, if you want to contribute at all to this discussion then you need to figure out a way to counter all these points, otherwise nothing you say will be relevant. Are you going to actually contribute or continue being irrelevant? Your choice.

So quick to list your points but even in the first one you are wrong?  Jesus.  How about thinking about the FPS console market a bit and getting out of the tunnel vision.

CoD disables a whole shit ton including now disabling the most OP gun, the Bal in AW.  They've banned perks, guns, abilities, gametypes and everything they could in the competitive side.  But somehow... the casuals still like trying out competitive CoD.

I'll wait to see the H5 maps before I comment if they are made for sprint and can work with no sprint... Because you know, that's how a real person should form an opinion.  Stop acting like fucken CNN saying omg omg omg ebola in your backyard.  Wait until release, and then form an opinion.

Careful, He may use the "#Adapt" card on you.  Its their last resort.

hahahahaha, yeah #Adapt because I stopped playing Halo 4 since 343 didn't do enough to give the needed options of making a sprint-less Halo.  #Adapt because I've seen how CoD separates their competitive and Pub community and make it work.  Yeah #Adapt because #Adapt.  Shit, I was even against supporting Ricochet but TeamBeyond and Ghost was quick to support it because #Adapt.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They need a Spartan on those pictures of the map because without scale it looks like there's zero cover. But I'm guessing all those walls are tall enough to cover your head.

What we have coming out tonight will hopefully explain this kind of stuff a lot better.

I think its almost that time of the season when mods have to work extra hard. Oh well, You guys got a break since MCC announcement.   :moa:

Is it a one hit kill?

Does it have a cool down or limited number of uses?

Can players be killed during the falling animation?

You have no clue how it works, so don't pretend that you know whether it's going to be good or bad for gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This shit makes me laugh:

Halo 5: Guardians doesn’t completely wipe the franchise’s core of dedicated multiplayer mechanics meant to define an even playing field, but it does play with it enough to feel truly different from past Halo games. So basically, it practically wipes clean the franchises core multiplayer mechanics. 

Unfortunately, I’m nervous that Halo 5: Guardians doesn’t do enough to differentiate itself from multiplayer contemporaries. Firefall’s jetpacks, massively multiplayer quests, and groups don’t approach Halo 5’s graphical prowess, but you may have more fun fighting computer opponents with a guild of friends. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s boosts, exoskeletal abilities, and reliance on aim-down-the-sights mechanics can feel like they yank the player around, but Halo 5 has some of that in its added mantle mechanics and persistent boost-dashing. You know what would differentiate Halo from it's multiplayer contemporaries? HOW ABOUT NOT HAVING THE SAME SHIT IN THERE THAT ALL OTHER FRANCHISES DO. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

DMR "Smart Scope"

Lmao, GET FUCKED

There's no way that actually means what we think it means right?  They can't possibly.

Hm. Real-time reflections are back, 8 years after they were first promised.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it a one hit kill?

You have no clue how it works, so don't pretend that you know whether it's going to be good or bad for gameplay.

It's going to happen at all.  Literally all you need to know about ground pound skills.  They're bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Positive note: Smooth surfaces, and the grid floor is awesome. No more grenades randomly hitting a fucking crack.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 Guardians multiplayer news/leaks overshadowing and ruining Halo MCC's release..also Halo MCC apparently doesn't have ranks at launch and a dedicated Halo CE playlist...

:(

Is it a one hit kill?

DUDE IT IS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE FOR GAMEPLAY NO MATTER WHAT. WHY CANT YOU SEE THIS! There has always been one guy like you who argues the stupid bullshit they add into halo COULD be good for the game. I remember when people were arguing that Armor Lock could add meta. Don't be that guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

So here's everything. The map looks cool and speed seems to be pretty key to this game, but why can't they just boost the walking speed?

1415641792-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641795-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641796-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

looks like something I could have forged on foundry to be completely honest.

Compared to BF2142 it was garbage. I've said it many a time on the forums I used to frequent, BF3 is a decent game (for some), it's just a terrible Battlefield game.

2142 master race.

There's no way that actually means what we think it means right?  They can't possibly.

"The DMR's smart scope meant headshots, lots of them" - AKA either added autoaim or something extra that means you get more headshots with the scope than without.

So quick to list your points but even in the first one you are wrong?  Jesus.  How about thinking about the FPS console market a bit and getting out of the tunnel vision.

CoD disables a whole shit ton including now disabling the most OP gun, the Bal in AW.  They've banned perks, guns, abilities, gametypes and everything they could in the competitive side.  But somehow... the casuals still like trying out competitive CoD.

I'll wait to see the H5 maps before I comment if they are made for sprint and can work with no sprint... Because you know, that's how a real person should form an opinion.  Stop acting like fucken CNN saying omg omg omg ebola in your backyard.  Wait until release, and then form an opinion.

hahahahaha, yeah #Adapt because I stopped playing Halo 4 since 343 didn't do enough to give the needed options of making a sprint-less Halo.  #Adapt because I've seen how CoD separates their competitive and Pub community and make it work.  Yeah #Adapt because #Adapt.  Shit, I was even against supporting Ricochet but TeamBeyond and Ghost was quick to support it because #Adapt.

however how much similar is Casual CoD to Competitive CoD? Still feels practically the same oppose to Casual Halo vs Competitive Halo. Might as well be its own standalone multiplayer game.

If casuals play with sprint and competitive players don't, have fun getting them to stick around in your custom games or playing matchmaking with you. That's a divide, homie. Start over and address all my points.

• Upvote (+1) 1