CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I never understood how people, who don't like no-sprint and who think Halos gameplay is boring did even become Halo "fans" in the first place?

I mean I don't like how CoD plays like, I don't just become CoD fan, wait for the gameplay to change until it evetually fits my likes just to start pissig of the old fans?!

I played H1 in 2004, H2 in 2005, H3 in 2007 ... after playing two Halo games with sprint, I slightly prefer the faster pace (for non-competitive games).  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played H1 in 2004, H2 in 2005, H3 in 2007 ... after playing two Halo games with sprint, I slightly prefer the faster pace (for non-competitive games).  

Yeah I think most of us prefer fast paced Halo...too bad we're stuck with sprint and it's shitty gameplay-flow non the less :/

Maybe we will get a Spin Off with no sprint, fast base movement, low ttk and a high FOV someday so we get to play fast paced Halo again  :ghost:   :intel: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This argument has been beaten to death but Halo Reach and Halo 4 were two of the slowest Halos when actually played because of sprint. I have more fun with moving and gunning simultaneously + shorter distances to get into engagements. But I guess not everyone agrees

Halo 2 is usually the game that takes the longest for me. I actually go through H4 games much quicker

How do you know about the lights?

Prophet's Bane (aka Shard of the Sun) has been toned down. Same w/ the blinding sun on Forge maps. All of the lighting in beta was WIP and has improved since.

P4qNq2K.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

This argument has been beaten to death but Halo Reach and Halo 4 were two of the slowest Halos when actually played because of sprint. I have more fun with moving and gunning simultaneously + shorter distances to get into engagements. But I guess not everyone agrees

Haven't watched too much Reach, but Halo 4 Turbo w/ Sprint was too fast. Lots of flanking, and almost no flow.

But with the nerfs to sprint in H5, and the bigger maps, the game could be much slower than H4. 

Haven't watched too much Reach, but Halo 4 Turbo w/ Sprint was too fast. Lots of flanking, and almost no flow.

But with the nerfs to sprint in H5, and the bigger maps, the game could be much slower than H4.

With a top heavy ratio of mobility to lethality, your two options are stagnancy and chaos. Continuous flow is what allows the better player or team to win consistently, with a proper balance of executable skill and predictive planning.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It's ironic considering this is the first Halo game where you have a "squad" that will presumably be with you most of the time whether you're playing as the Chief or agent whatever his name is.

Blue Team and Osiris will be with you all the time. 

It's Spartan Locke btw :)

I honestly do not give a flying fuck about Spartan Locke. Buck should have been the main character of team osiris.

I honestly do not give a flying fuck about Spartan Locke. Buck should have been the main character of team osiris.

I don't trust 343's ability to make a new character interesting, despite the fact that H4's campaign is my favourite, but fanservice storytelling does nothing good. If Let them at least try to make Locke interesting. Also if Buck was the main character, the value of the characters on Osiris would be even more unevenly-distributed than it already is. "Relatable second-in-command" may be a trope, but it does work.

Unless you mean if Buck was the leader, but Locke was the playable character. That could actually make it more interesting. (Now that I think of it, that's the case with Blue Team with Fred technically being the leader. That value dynamic is automatically more interesting.)

It's sort of like this right now:

Locke: leader, playable character, automatically has huge value to the player

Buck: known character, beloved, also has value

Vale: literally who (and will probably die)

Tanaka: literally who (and will probably die)

That arrangement makes sense if Tanaka and Vale dying is the goal. But if it isn't, it might make more sense to have it like this:

Tanaka: leader

Locke: second-in-command, playable character

Buck: beloved character

Vale: has something interesting about her, or a specific application in the story

Otherwise Tanaka and Vale are pretty much generic redshirts.

Also team Chief/Linda/Buck/Locke H6, get hype

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Blue Team and Osiris will be with you all the time. 

It's Spartan Locke btw :)

#LoreMaster

if splitscreen was the only reason these were getting halo, then i say good riddens. there's a difference in missing a good feature and saying it made halo, the latter is just wrong

LAN made Halo. Most people on LAN played Split. So yeah, Split Screen did make Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

LAN made Halo. Most people on LAN played Split. So yeah, Split Screen did make Halo.

being able to lan means nothing if the game is shit.

halo ce being a groundbreaking game with great gameplay for its time is what made halo, followed closely by online in halo 2

being able to lan means nothing if the game is shit.

halo ce being a groundbreaking game with great gameplay for its time is what made halo, followed closely by online in halo 2

But without split screen multiplayer on CE then Halo 100% wouldn't of been as big a game and the others may not have been made. Split screen is definitely what made Halo originally
  • Upvote (+1) 4

But without split screen multiplayer on CE then Halo 100% wouldn't of been as big a game and the others may not have been made. Split screen is definitely what made Halo originally

split screen wasn't the reason ce was picked up for competitive events, that belongs to lan

split screen wasn't the reason why halo was the only console shooter that could be mentioned in the same breath as quake or UT

split screen wasn't the reason halo was hailed as being ahead of it's time.

split screen wasn't the reason ce had innovative level design for its time.

split screen wasn't the reason people payed attention to the games story.

split screen did add to the enjoyment of the game but to claim this single feature made halo is objectively false.

split screen wasn't the reason ce was picked up for competitive events, that belongs to lan

split screen wasn't the reason why halo was the only console shooter that could be mentioned in the same breath as quake or UT

split screen wasn't the reason halo was hailed as being ahead of it's time.

split screen wasn't the reason ce had innovative level design for its time.

split screen wasn't the reason people payed attention to the games story.

split screen did add to the enjoyment of the game but to claim this single feature made halo is objectively false.

Split Screen allowed people to play the game without having to buy 4 copies and 4 xboxs. Ok look, let's say it didn't have split screen. Let's say you could only have one person per console. That would be a gigantic setback to the game. The fact that 4 people could play together in the same house on one copy in a time where online play was nonexistent is HUGE. The game could've had amazing shooting mechanics, but without someone to play against how do you get to really use the mechanics? Not everyone could LAN you know.

Split Screen allowed people to play the game without having to buy 4 copies and 4 xboxs. Ok look, let's say it didn't have split screen. Let's say you could only have one person per console. That would be a gigantic setback to the game. The fact that 4 people could play together in the same house on one copy in a time where online ya was nonexistent is HUGE.

but that means nothing if the game isn't good. ce was good for a lot more reasons then just the bold.

but that means nothing if the game isn't good. ce was good for a lot more reasons then just the bold.

Are you really trying to argue how important split screen was for making Halo what it is today? Split screen was literally the only way to play the game'a multiplayer. Can you guess what most hardcore Halo fans like the most about the game? Campaign? Nope. The MULTIPLAYER. The game could've had all the same mechanics, but without split screen it would not have been nearly as great.