CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

well, Id agree goldeneye set the first benchmark, and then halo set the next one very soon after.

Which is literally what he said and I said, which you for whatever reason had to respond to with a "WELLLLL' post. I'm not sure what axe you are trying to grind here, nor do I care, but I'll just say that as someone who lived before the FPS was on consoles or even really a "thing" I simply don't agree with a majority of the assessments you've made of the FPS genre on PC or Console.

In the end though I really could care less, Halo CE was a groundbreaking game, particularly on the console. Anyone that says otherwise either just is a Halo hater or is ignoring/rewriting history.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Which is literally what he said and I said, which you for whatever reason had to respond to with a "WELLLLL' post. I'm not sure what axe you are trying to grind here, nor do I care, but I'll just say that as someone who lived before the FPS was on consoles or even really a "thing" I simply don't agree with a majority of the assessments you've made of the FPS genre on PC or Console.

In the end though I really could care less, Halo CE was a groundbreaking game, particularly on the console. Anyone that says otherwise either just is a Halo hater or is ignoring/rewriting history.

no one said halo ce wasn't revolutionary at all, it just wasn't revolutionary with the individual mechanics it contained, how it used those mechanics Was what the innovation was.

To be fair, the upcoming months are stacked with popular/anticipated releases. Just to name a few, there's Fallout 4, Destiny TTK/2.0, BO3, Battlefront, FIFA 16, MGS5, FFVX... I expect Fallout 4 to hog #1 for a solid 2-3 months if not more. There's also the fact that the MCC fiasco will hurt future initial sales for Halo, so it'll be an uphill battle on that front too.

Even if it did fall to 8-10th then, it would be a VERY different context from being 8-10th right now, where there's just about no competition. I wouldn't compare it (though it's still not a good stat).

But I don't see how it would unless it's just straight up broken and doesn't work.

Swap Fallout4 with Battlefront. Fallout 4 is cool and all but at the end just another open world singleplayer game. Star Wars on the other side already has a lot of hype going and people are very hungry for Star Wars stuff.

Swap Fallout4 with Battlefront. Fallout 4 is cool and all but at the end just another open world singleplayer game. Star Wars on the other side already has a lot of hype going and people are very hungry for Star Wars stuff.

That's just like saying H1 is a generic space FPS

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

battlefront looks like a scaled down and slightly altered battlefield game, runs on the same engine, customizable loadouts, pretty much the only different is the shooting mechanics, and the power ups/abilities. It not at all what a battlefront game should be. Fallout 4 is easily the most hyped game of this year, with all the shit its got in it, people are going to be playing that game nonstop, it's the only game that is pretty much guaranteed to take players away from halo, or any game for that matter.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Anyone know if the trade-in Xbox 360 towards Xbox One deal will be coming back soon? Feeling like I messed up  :UncleDrew:

Anyone know if the trade-in Xbox 360 towards Xbox One deal will be coming back soon? Feeling like I messed up :UncleDrew:

I recently saw an ad for a $150 credit toward X1 if you have a 250GB hard drive. Don't know if it is still available though

battlefront looks like a scaled down and slightly altered battlefield game, runs on the same engine, customizable loadouts, pretty much the only different is the shooting mechanics, and the power ups/abilities. It not at all what a battlefront game should be. Fallout 4 is easily the most hyped game of this year, with all the shit its got in it, people are going to be playing that game nonstop, it's the only game that is pretty much guaranteed to take players away from halo, or any game for that matter.

Ive played that Alpha and you are so wrong. I for one really dont care about Fallout 4. It looks boring.

That's just like saying H1 is a generic space FPS

Not sure if you noticed it, but this generation so far we have a ton of open world games and more to come...

Thats something im already really tired about.

All Battlefront was when the original came out was what Battlefield was at the time so it's not like it was the most original thing on the market.

Ive played that Alpha and you are so wrong. I for one really dont care about Fallout 4. It looks boring.

Isn't the Alpha under NDA?  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure if you noticed it, but this generation so far we have a ton of open world games and more to come...

Thats something im already really tired about.

I don't trust a single product handled by EA. We shall see, but the new BF does sound dumbed down content wise compared to the original games. Hell, there is even a whole website dedicated to it's lack of content.

Fallout isn't just a low budget open world game. It revolutionised top down AND 3D exploration, with it's intriguing world, dark humour and post-nuculear war themes. You may not like it, and that's totally fine. I however, have much more faith in Bethesda creating a more complete product.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh please. If todays kids can't enjoy Halo without getting a medal every time they shoot a bullet perhaps they shouldn't be playing video games.

You know what the reward is? WINNING THE FUCKING GAME. That's rewarding. Out shooting other players. Out smarting other players. THAT is rewarding.

A condescending medal congratulating me for killing someone with the last bullet in my magazine isn't rewarding. It's stupid.

Back in the day I used to put my Xbox in my backpack, get on a bike, ride over to my friends house (My family only had dial up at the time) and play XBC for hours on end. Every game I won felt rewarding. Every game I lost drove me to get better.

Nowadays kids have freakin' LCD monitors in their rooms with wi-fi all over their house and they don't want to play a game unless it's patting them on the back every 3 seconds.

I agree the medals are way too much and pointless: when I said rewards I mean more like the random drop REQ packs, skins, and armor pieces. Should have clarified that.

I understand what you are saying, I am the same way; I got my **** kicked in for years, but I worked hard to get good. I, and most of the people in this forum, don't need any other reward besides winning. These rewards are meant for the other part of the Halo community the more social players who are just playing to have fun. 

The rewards (REQ packs, skins, armor) are not supposed to replace the feeling of victory and being good at the game, but should be reasons to play more and make people feel a little good. I have friends in other games who wanted to stop playing after numerous games of not playing well, then they got a random armor drop, and decided to play more to see if they can get the rest of the armor set. The REQ packs, skins, and armor pieces are just more reasons for people to play the game. 

All Battlefront was when the original came out was what Battlefield was at the time so it's not like it was the most original thing on the market.

it at least ran on a different engine, and had a different class system that was based on points earned, different movement properties, not to mention the Jedi, and space battles. Most of these things have been made to be much more battlefield like, it probably won't play like a battlefield game, but it may feel like one(I haven't played so I'm just speculating), and certainly won't feel like a battlefront game with all these alterations.

Fallout 4 will support PC mods on Xbox One... safe to say it'll stay interesting for a while.

For comparison, Skyrim remained right behind CoD for weeks if not months after its launch, and it is just another open world solo RPG. And IMO, Skyrim wasn't even that good compared to Oblivion, so I'd rather not even compare it to what Fallout 4 is looking like so far. Bethesda's E3 conference peaked at around 530k, which might have been a record for Twitch concurrent viewers. I know it's the most I've seen. 

Battlefront will do good but I can almost guarantee it won't beat Fo4 long-term.

So apparently, Chris is leaving halo follower for valve follower. I'm both surprised and not surprised at the same time...

So apparently, Chris is leaving halo follower for valve follower. I'm both surprised and not surprised at the same time...

Good riddance. Hopefully the remaining people at Halo Follower aren't full of click bait shit.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Wonder what percentage of his new videos would be conspiracy theory's about the reveal of hl3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wonder what percentage of his new videos would be conspiracy theory's about the reveal of hl3.

Holy fucking shit...

Unfortunately, he's not leaving, he's just not going to be as active. The money still directly goes to him so he'll never leave HaloFollower.

Lirik is using the halo theme as his sub sound again. Looks like he might be giving 343 another chance and will be playing and streaming halo 5 possibly since he used it last time when he was hype for MCC, but changed it and never played it again after the second day. :walshy:

Lirik is using the halo theme as his sub sound again. Looks like he might be giving 343 another chance and will be playing and streaming halo 5 possibly since he used it last time when he was hype for MCC, but changed it and never played it again after the second day. :walshy:

If lirik played halo 5 for like a week straight we would be back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it at least ran on a different engine, and had a different class system that was based on points earned, different movement properties, not to mention the Jedi, and space battles. Most of these things have been made to be much more battlefield like, it probably won't play like a battlefield game, but it may feel like one(I haven't played so I'm just speculating), and certainly won't feel like a battlefront game with all these alterations.

I can understand being optimistic about ththe gameplay until you get your hands on it but I don't understand the comment on the engine. Frostbite looks gorgeous and from what we've seen at E3 and Alpha gameplay it runs amazing.

I can understand being optimistic about ththe gameplay until you get your hands on it but I don't understand the comment on the engine. Frostbite looks gorgeous and from what we've seen at E3 and Alpha gameplay it runs amazing.

Eh, I'd take a Battlefront with Battlefront 2 graphics if it meant it had more features to choose from. I'm a bit let down so much of Battlefront got cut tbh.