CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

the tank in the background was what annoyed me. I don't have real issues with the new wraith, it looks fine, different, but fine. The scorpion literally looks like an m1a1 Abrams.

Gotta make sure you #immerse those cod kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yet another 343 example of change, just for the sake of change.

Not directed to you - but how's it feel knowing 343 directed some bumblefuck away from a potential MCC resource a year ago, to developing and testing some bullshit new vehicle that adds zero value, when an adequate substitute could have been testing a legacy item like Halo 3 hardcore gametypes?

Gotta make sure you #immerse those cod kids.

not even that, the artist must be so fucking uninspired to think this is good.

Didn't Someone say that Blue Teams Armor is Fully Upgraded to the same strength's as Locke's Team? If so wouldn't An augmented Spartan II  Bad-ass with New Tech Armor be more Powerful than the new Spartan 4's?   Hopefully someone could shed some light on this lol

blue team has gen 2 mjoilnr, so on paper they're better than iv's who only equal a 2 in gen 1 mjoilnr

When the wraith looks more like a scorpion than the tank which carries the name...

• Upvote (+1) 5

When the wraith looks more like a scorpion than the tank which carries the name...

..then you know which awesome studios came up with their great new additions to the series again :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So... this happens when there's nothing to talk about? Great

Pretty much.

So... this happens when there's nothing to talk about? Great

Wait for it. There will inevitably be an outburst by someone who hates some mechanic or the lack of some feature. A bunch of people will agree with him. Then there will inevitably be a counterargument that boils down to "it's not that bad, get over it," as if no one had anything better to do than calmly deal with every annoyance with a fake smile and ignore the demand for a better product.

Rinse and repeat until the game's release comes close enough for people to realize that there's no point in bargaining with a company that still has to redeem itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're right!

Good job 343i! You are making the perfect Halo game!

Not what I was saying at all LMAO. 

lol

Good talk boys, I rarely give people shit for giving 343 shit, but I just felt like this one was a bit nitpicky/absurd/completely pointless to complain about.

I mean, really? We're arguing that the guy used innovation in the wrong sense when he said it wasn't innovation and more a challenge. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you guys think the new Wraith looks like a Scorpion, go get some glasses.

Looks more like a purple Revenant than anything.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but it seems like a large part of the ViDoc was them apologizing for Halo 4 in some way. Making excuses, explaining the challenges, to straight up saying it was crazy, and they need to do halo right. Gives me a little hope.

Storyline actually looks really cool, I think I will prefer the team dynamic after being a lone soldier for so long. This might be the first halo campaign in a long time that gives me deep feels.

• Upvote (+1) 2

W/e it is, it's weird as fuck. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but it seems like a large part of the ViDoc was them apologizing for Halo 4 in some way. Making excuses, explaining the challenges, to straight up saying it was crazy, and they need to do halo right. Gives me a little hope.

Shown a lot more acknowledgement over Halo 4's failures than any other video documentary IMO.

Excuses aside, I agree.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"change for the sake of change"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

it looks more like the actual insect(arachnid?) than the scorpion tank, which is supposed to resemble the real life scorpion, but now just looks like an Abrams.

The tanks in picture looks extremely unpolished. I want to see them fully finished and close up, but the Scorpion just looks like it put on a few pounds.

I would still call it a Scorpion tank.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have a problem with 343 changing things about the art, that's they're right as the developer IMO, I just have a problem with how bad it looks Is some respects.

Didn't Someone say that Blue Teams Armor is Fully Upgraded to the same strength's as Locke's Team? If so wouldn't An augmented Spartan II  Bad-ass with New Tech Armor be more Powerful than the new Spartan 4's?   Hopefully someone could shed some light on this lol

blue team has gen 2 mjoilnr, so on paper they're better than iv's who only equal a 2 in gen 1 mjoilnr

No, they don't.  Not sure who told you that but its wrong.  All of Blue Team decided to keep Gen 1 armor. 

7GyLO4K.png

Honestly comparing the 3 the only thing different is that the Halo 5 one is missing the back "wings" and it's more curvy. It actually looks closer to it's original form in the E3 build compared to an older build(You mean things can change in development?!?). When I first saw the Halo 5 Wraith at E3 I still instantly thought Wraith. Whereas I didn't instantly think the classic Rocket Launcher when I first saw it in the beta.

On the topic of the Scorpion, it's bulkier and obviously an unfinished model. "But it looks like a generic military tank." The Scorpion was already the most generic military looking thing Halo had to offer.

• Upvote (+1) 4