CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

http://i.imgur.com/Wl8FBEY.gif

While we got to see some great new footage of Halo 5 in that vidoc, I would've liked more details about the elements of the campaign that we haven't heard about yet, for example, the addition of new weapons and enemies to the sandbox and, importantly in my opinion, what they're doing regarding enemy AI.

I'm going more towards gameplay stuff, but yea Forge and Theater were really big features added.

Do we know anything about H5 Forge?

Do we know anything about H5 Forge?

Could be wrong, but aren't the Breakout sets forgeable? I believe that's all we heard.

Could be wrong, but aren't the Breakout sets forgeable? I believe that's all we heard.

There might be a more recent source, but I'd say that there is a decent chance

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-901?do=findComment&comment=419739

That's a good question and I'll try to get you a reasonable answer, but that answer is likely to be a moving target. In principle, no, but the limitations are as always palette size and perf. So even if there were a limited Breakout set, it would still likely have more in it than just breakout pieces. But some of that is still in flux.

When he caught the sword out of the air, the animation looked really cool. Something tells me this won't be possible though and is probably one of those "playable cutscenes" or whatever they are called. It made me think, wouldn't it be cool if your teammates could toss you their weapon? I didn't have to command them to drop the weapon, just toss it over to me during combat.

In the The Sprint, they said that they didn't want scripted events, yet I'm seeing them in every showcase they have of the H5 campaign. They're everywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 9

New Pistol?

7a6d2c399e74dfda16880268807e64d2.png

Likely a special Buck one.

By the way did any of you Catch that BR Scope in? Looks pretty Cool to me.uREBIZC.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

The new ViDoc showed off a lot of cool stuff. The cinematic models look sexy as hell but I'm really, really hating 343's take on depth of field. I don't see how they think it's accurate or how they think it looks any good. As a filmmaker it's going to bother me more than it should

By the way did any of you Catch that BR Scope in? Looks pretty Cool to me.uREBIZC.gif

at least we know that those special scopes will actually have a different HUD look.

at least we know that those special scopes will actually have a different HUD look.

Are we sure that isn't just really early footage of old assets being used to test things? It could be the old scoped-in feature. 

Referring to Halo 4 Creative Director Leaves Microsoft (Durning Halo 4) and Halo 4 Tester Gripes I believe, doubt we'll ever get the full story on what happened.

Not sure if true, but heard a lot of the studio was split with Ordnances awhile back, could have been a bs rumor though.

I'm just glad we have Tim, he seems like he's a valuable member of the team and cares. Plus, a lot of great experience.

Are we sure that isn't just really early footage of old assets being used to test things? It could be the old scoped-in feature.

It is using the exact scope we have seen on a pre order weapon and the visual scope matches it.

We know they are using something similar to that scope for the DMR too.

I love you guys. You always seem to notice the minute things.

Really happy with that br scope. The stock one is hideous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It is using the exact scope we have seen on a pre order weapon and the visual scope matches it.

We know they are using something similar to that scope for the DMR too.

Ah, ok that's interesting. I much prefer that scope to the "smart-link" stuff. Kinda wish we could make that the default.

He has another BR in his back pocket.

I'm assuming this is a warzone BR?

We still have no idea if we will be able to use "Warzone only" weapons in custom games, so don't get your hopes up for the new Br.

In the The Sprint, they said that they didn't want scripted events, yet I'm seeing them in every showcase they have of the H5 campaign. They're everywhere.

343 can be so weird at their messaging sometimes

When he caught the sword out of the air, the animation looked really cool. Something tells me this won't be possible though and is probably one of those "playable cutscenes" or whatever they are called. It made me think, wouldn't it be cool if your teammates could toss you their weapon? I didn't have to command them to drop the weapon, just toss it over to me during combat.

This could work 

And I'm just sitting here, never listened to or watched Star Wars.

You really need to fix that ASAP.

We still have no idea if we will be able to use "Warzone only" weapons in custom games, so don't get your hopes up for the new Br.

Well, map designers could apparently place them on Arena maps, so from that I think we can infer a high likelihood of them being placeable via Forge.

I really wonder how hard you can make the campaign when you have revives and can order your teammates to act as revive-able cannon fodder while you flank. I've been playing all the campaigns recently and all the allies that act as a distraction from enemies are usually very short-lived, and you end up on your own fast enough.

Unless everything can two-shot you, or takes an entire clip to kill, I don't know how they'll balance it out to be hard.

• Upvote (+1) 3