CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think at E3 they are going to tell us that they are reinvesting in Halo 4. Maybe another tourney (4v4 hopefully) or more tweaks and fixes. This makes since, since they wont be releasing Halo 5 until 2015. A side note, I am glade they are taking their time on Halo 5. They have some really good people in the building to make an excellent MP experience. 

If this happens.

I fkn swear tumblr_n1cz7ztzu41t3i36po1_500.gif

riot-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think at E3 they are going to tell us that they are reinvesting in Halo 4. Maybe another tourney (4v4 hopefully) or more tweaks and fixes. This makes since, since they wont be releasing Halo 5 until 2015. A side note, I am glade they are taking their time on Halo 5. They have some really good people in the building to make an excellent MP experience. 

:gandhi:

Last year at E3, Bonnie famously said, “Your journey begins in 2014…” Wait -- hang on -- you thought: “What journey is she talking about and why is Chief wearing a poncho?” Okay, some might call it a cloak, but the fact remains – you knew something more nuanced was afoot. So it’s quite likely that Bonnie’s 2015 release announcement today surprised no one in the Halo community. In fact, I suspect most of you who read the Halo Bulletin regularly anticipate there’s even more to come.

Well you might be right, but we’ll have significantly more to say about that at E3 and beyond. Suffice it to say, another shoe has yet to drop.

But getting the Halo 5: Guardians announce out of the way is a big weight off our shoulders. This audience has correctly stated and assumed that you can’t necessarily squish a full Halo game into anything less than a three year development schedule – and at least up to and including Halo 5: Guardians, that’s more or less true.

But we’re not just making a new game in that three year span, we’re also making a new engine. During the development of Halo 4, we pushed the Xbox 360 and the engine to its limits, and we were happy with the way we were able to make the Halo universe look. The Xbox 360 still has a few tricks up its sleeve, even now. We are moving to a whole new platform with the Xbox One – a new architecture, new graphics hardware and bluntly some new ways to think about gaming, period.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDD... new Halo 5 concept...

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-great-journey

So it’s quite likely that Bonnie’s 2015 release announcement today surprised no one in the Halo community. In fact, I suspect most of you who read the Halo Bulletin regularly anticipate there’s even more to come.

Well you might be right, but we’ll have significantly more to say about that at E3 and beyond. Suffice it to say, another shoe has yet to drop.

I guess the biggest question now is, what comes this year?

Inb4 Spartan Assault 2 :trash:

I'm all for that or a update to Spartan Assault. And probably a iPhone and Android port.

Just woke up and saw the announcement! Hyped! Now I need some news on Halo 2.

eZKQqVq.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Those 'leaks' were nothing but lies.

may or may not have meant to plus rep you there.

you decide.

Pretty hyped about this, excited to see what they'll do.

please dont fuck it up

Oh god, is that a SPARTAN-IV? The armor looks like the Halo 4 armor, which was godawful nauseating.

Oh god, is that a SPARTAN-IV? The armor looks like the Halo 4 armor, which was godawful nauseating.

it looks Forerunner tech to me, the style is clearly similar to the Didact's armor.

Spartan V with the forerunner technology found on Requiem?

this is rad, but at the same time I'm kinda sad there'll probably just be Halo 2 in 2014. that won't really be a big draw for me, since I'd only be interested in multiplayer. Lotta good games coming out this year though, I think I'll be fine.

ALRIGHT, if you guys remember when they announced another Halo at E3 last year they just called it HALO, My guess is there is not going to be a H2A but a prologue to Halo 5 just like they did with Metal Gear solid 5.

So they have two teams, one working on H5 and the other H2A?

Certain Affinity and Saber Interactive are most likely working on H2A. They did CEA. A few 343 people might be helping them but I would assume that the majority of the 343 team are working on H5.

if we arent fighting against reptilian overlords, i quit.

god damn didact. 

Does anybody else think the scope on the battle rifle on the poster looks like a red dot sight?

It was basically a holographic sight in Halo 4

I just had a Halo 5 follower moment....

"So that’s it for now, but E3 is just around the corner. So if you bide your time and hold your breath, you won’t have to wait too long to hear about the next steps on this Great Journey."

The last level of Halo 2 is called....

The Great Journey

I need red circles ASAP

I bet that's like an inside joke at 343 right now. See how many times they can add in subliminal messages from H2 without getting caught. 

• Upvote (+1) 3