CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

it would certainly say something about why they cut split screen.

If the game is not a stable 60, OR 1080p, we riot.

LOL Halo is not going to be 1080p Xbox hardware just sucks, they are probably going to lower the resolution to something ghetto like 900p. 

When I saw the beta was going to run at 720p 60fps I knew it wasn't going to be 1080p 60fps for the full game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LOL Halo is not going to be 1080p Xbox hardware just sucks, they are probably going to lower the resolution to something ghetto like 900p. 

When I saw the beta was going to run at 720p 60fps I knew it wasn't going to be 1080p 60fps for the full game.

This console generation sucks: Xbone games run at 60fps on low resolutions and PS4 run 1080p at low fps (for example Witcher 3)

you do realize games have reached these on the Xbox right? Wolfenstien comes to mind, halo 2a multiplayer was also 1080p 60fps. The problem is the hardware is a bitch to develop for. I mean yeah the console is underpowered, but it's not god awful.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

you do realize games have reached these on the Xbox right? Wolfenstien comes to mind, halo 2a multiplayer was also 1080p 60fps. The problem is the hardware is a bitch to develop for. I mean yeah the console is underpowered, but it's not god awful.

It's pretty fucking awful tbh
  • Upvote (+1) 6

The most likely res is 900p/60fps or a dynamic resolution. If you put 900p and 1080p next to each other the difference is minimal. The only thing the halo communuty should worry about is locked 60 fps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude you know how awful it is?

Previous consoles could actually get more performance through optimization because the Xbox 360 was running on PowerPC and the PS3 was running on that infamous Cell Processor technology. These weren't your standard x86 architectures, so developers had the time to start optimizing, but since the Xbox One and PS4 run on the x86 architecture much of it is already established and optimization works at a slower pace.

But that even isnt the big issue, the CPU in both consoles are shit. The Consoles actually have pretty good GPUs in them. They are using AMD Kabini CPU which are pretty bad for anything short of viewing media. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8067/amd-am1-kabini-part-2-athlon-53505150-and-sempron-38502650-tested/9

Look at these benchmarks and see where the consoles fail. There equivalent processor of the consoles is the 5350 in the benchmarks, granted consoles are using a special 8 core version of the 5350 but thats because the need to have processors dedicated to the OS because everything is so weak in regards to single core performance. It takes a lot of work( Work DEVs hate ) to optimize a game to use multi-threading, which is why single core performance is always better for games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lets wait until the game is gold and stuff before we start talking about how much of a flop 343 is and how they can't reach the 60fps goal.

Like we did with MCC, right?

Already before release of MCC,the game crashed on events. It were a good sign that the game is literally broken but nobody thought it could happen at launch. Same is here going on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like we did with MCC, right?

Already before release of MCC,the game crashed on events. It were a good sign that the game is literally broken but nobody thought it could happen at launch. Same is here going on.

Except Halo 5 is being done entirely in-house while MCC was literally 4-5 companies working separately and 343 glued it together in under a years time.

They literally aren't comparable. I played Halo 4's Campaign on MCC last night without the day one patch and the framerate was disgusting, literally dropping to 30 at some points. With the patch, these areas retain a smooth 60. I don't know exactly when 343 optimized Halo 4's Campaign in MCC but good lord, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes. 

I can imagine the same thing will happen with Halo 5 - we've got 3-4 months to launch and that's mainly going to be used for bug fixing and optimization.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

GAF is on a record breaking pace with their concern trolling

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1074929

"I wouldn't be surprised if it ships at 900p and locked at 30 fps"

Says the person who I doubt even has an Xbox One

Anyone else notice how two years ago TLOU was apparently the best looking game of all time, now anything that is 720p is apparently a disgusting blurry mess of pixels?

GAF is on a record breaking pace with their concern trollinghttp://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1074929

"I wouldn't be surprised if it ships at 900p and locked at 30 fps"

Says the person who I doubt even has an Xbox One

Anyone else notice how two years ago TLOU was apparently the best looking game of all time, now anything that is 720p is apparently a disgusting blurry mess of pixels?

Gaf is complete shit nowadays. Just a bunch of elitist and Sony/PC master race fan boys on there. There's so few good general gaming forums left nowadays, which is really sad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So everyone here is completely ignoring my posts and responses to there post wtf

Umm people have responded to your poasts. Not every poast you make will garner attention.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So everyone here is completely ignoring my posts and responses to there post wtf

Your last few posts were a few pages back and you were basically just agreeing with people or not really adding much to the conversation.

If 343 don't want to lose more money and credibility, they have to make this game 100 percent. Otherwise, they will be the laughing stock of the decade.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@JBee the thing I'm trying to get noticed is the lack of armor customization in halo 5 cause people on the waypoint forums are complaining about the new helmet, Body armor, and visor color customization that they're already starting to hate the game already and threatening that they won't buy it until they get full customization of individual armor pieces like halo reach & 4 and I kept trying to tell them wait til it's released before you start judging and making opinions that way if they get your feedback about a week or two months after the game is released then they will probably look into it and maybe add full customization options in a post launch dlc

@@JBee the thing I'm trying to get noticed is the lack of armor customization in halo 5 cause people on the waypoint forums are complaining about the new helmet, Body armor, and visor color customization that they're already starting to hate the game already and threatening that they won't buy it until they get full customization of individual armor pieces like halo reach & 4 and I kept trying to tell them wait til it's released before you start judging and making opinions that way if they get your feedback about a week or two months after the game is released then they will probably look into it and maybe add full customization options in a post launch dlc

We have bigger things to worry about than armor customization. 

At the end of the day people will buy the game for the gameplay, not the amount of armor customization. Majority of people on this site care about gameplay and maps. Yea armor customization would be a cool addition to the game but there are bigger things to worry about. Those waypoint kids will buy the game if it's fun, if the only reason they won't buy it is because of cosmetic look of their Spartan then I don't want them to buy it anyway.

If the game sells well, has a good meta, and holds population 343 could easily add this and make money. I gave epic a good bit of change because I loved playing gears online and wanted to customize my guy and like the cosmetic stuff they added. 343 could easily do the same and probably will.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the end of the day people will buy the game for the gameplay, not the amount of armor customization. Majority of people on this site care about gameplay and maps. Yea armor customization would be a cool addition to the game but there are bigger things to worry about. Those waypoint kids will buy the game if it's fun, if the only reason they won't buy it is because of cosmetic look of their Spartan then I don't want them to buy it anyway.

If the game sells well, has a good meta, and holds population 343 could easily add this and make money. I gave epic a good bit of change because I loved playing gears online and wanted to customize my guy and like the cosmetic stuff they added. 343 could easily do the same and probably will.

Issue is you'd think they after 5 halo games we'd have armor customization down. But the bar is pretty low at this point, might as well get meta down first.

@@JBee @@ZerueLX11 ok i get you guys mean if the sales are good they'll give us the options to customize our spartans shoulders, torso, forarms, and legs in a post launch dlc also what is meta

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@JBee @@ZerueLX11 ok i get you guys mean if the sales are good they'll give us the options to customize our spartans shoulders, torso, forarms, and legs in a post launch dlc also what is meta

guy doesn't know what meta means... hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

so far the hype is just meh. cant remember the last time I looked at a new halo game and thought, "wow thats super cool"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even though our Forum Rules state what is considered acceptable and unacceptable behavior, many of you are having trouble distinguishing from "criticism" and "bashing", or try to label or disguise your bashing as criticism.

CRITICISM is the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a piece or body of work.

CRITICISM is allowed on our forums.

Examples of CRITICISM:
  • Ordnance drops aren't good for Halo because they reduce the skill-set to acquire weapons.
  • Legendary Slayer is a poor representation of "classic" Halo.
  • Pitfall is a poor remake because it lacks key elements that The Pit had, including vibrant colors and the beloved Yellow Pads you could jump up onto.

BASHING is the unnecessary venting of pure frustration, often aimed to demean or ridicule and commonly done passive-aggressively (which is also against the rules) on forums.

BASHING is NOT allowed on our forums.

Examples of BASHING:

• "I need to know if this guy has ever played Halo before."
  • "All I've wanted from this sorry excuse for a Halo game was a classic playlist."
  • 343 doesn't get it / doesn't know what Halo is / etc.

Quick reminder of the rules and difference between criticism and bashing. Some great posts are made and then they need to be hidden because they break the rules. If you're making a post, please don't randomly decide to slap "fuck 343i" on the end, it won't last.

If 343 don't want to lose more money and credibility, they have to make this game 100 percent. Otherwise, they will be the laughing stock of the decade.

I think the people that made Alien Colonial Marines already have that covered.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think the people that made Alien Colonial Marines already have that covered.

Lets not kid ourselves, MCC's launch was far worst.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Where did the Xbox one hate come from? I've never thought it was considered a "weak" console