CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So if I don't like ADS am I ignorant?

I hate HATE HATE iron sights. I've hated it in every single game I've played. I simply do not like it. But I guess I'm ignorant for having an opinion/viewpoint. Unless Halo reinvents irons sights or does something that really isn't iron sights (which still begs the question then why) then I'm going to flat out hate it and it will end up in the CoD/Destiny pile of "games I will not buy".

Give me my Arena Shooter or give me death.

You are not alone. ADS in Quake/UT/Halo=No buy for me. Unless its like a single weapon or something. This is not "Next-generation Arena gameplay" IMO, what kind of sick bastard would say that about an FPS with ironsights/ADS.

90 percent of modern FPS use ADS, but there is still a huge fanbase for traditional Arena-style gameplay. It kills alot of what I love about FPS and my opinion on that has not changed.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would personally like the normal zoom in function, but ADS in halo 5 is basically a re skinned version of zooming in, in current halo games. It is a bit stupid that 343i would implement a zoom function that takes half the screen away, but it does look cooler to say the least. ADS needs to be removed though, and I think 90% of halo fans would agree.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You are not alone. ADS in Quake/UT/Halo=No buy for me. Unless its like a single weapon or something. This is not "Next-generation Arena gameplay" IMO, what kind of sick bastard would say that about a game with ADS.

90 percent of modern FPS use ADS, but there is still a huge fanbase for traditional Arena-style gameplay. It kills alot of what I love about FPS and my opinion on that has not changed.

It's a reskinned version of zoom, NOT Cod style ads. Yeah, it's a pointless change, but it has no negative effect on gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

funny how people hate on ADS..even though the primary weapon in every halo game has used ADS

but still h5 is shaping up to be a real turd. thank god they made mcc

• Downvote (-1) 6

You are not alone. ADS in Quake/UT/Halo=No buy for me. Unless its like a single weapon or something. This is not "Next-generation Arena gameplay" IMO, what kind of sick bastard would say that about a game with ADS.

Thanks, because sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and am all alone sitting in a corner.

I was excited when I saw the videos talking about Halo 5 for the first time since Halo 2 launched (when my college buds came with me at midnight and we had to "sneak" a copy from behind the counter when nobody was looking because I didn't have a preorder and needed the Collectors Edition). The videos about "going back to the Arena Shooter core" is what had me excited. Same reason I'm interested in the new UT, BlueStreak, and Toxikk. Then I see things like spring and iron sights.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 5

The fact people is being optimistic about this shit is ridiculous.

I completely agree with you man. I feel really uneasy right now about the future of halo with these leaks. Never thought they'd try and remove core halo mechanics again after the negative response 343 got with Halo 4. 

I really hope we don't make the same mistake and go into Halo 5 with blind hope that everything is sunshine.

Whether cosmetic or not, there are 2 fundamental changes 343 has made already to the Halo sandbox, Sprint and ADS. These mechanics do NOT IMPROVE gameplay. Period.

We cannot afford to support this game as it is. If we do not show 343 dissapproval and criticism, we will be the cause of halo's downfall. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a reskinned version of zoom, NOT Cod style ads. Yeah, it's a pointless change, but it has no negative effect on gameplay.

It has the effect of you not being able to see a nice chunk of the bottom portion of your screen and that can definitely affect gameplay in a negative way imo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It has the effect of you not being able to see a nice chunk of the bottom portion of your screen and that can definitely affect gameplay in a negative way imo.

but zooming in made it so you couldn't see the sides of your screen. When do you honestly have to see the bottom of your screen?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So does zooming in with a br? if there is no penalty to shooting regularly whats the problem?

That and the comments from 343 are literally identical to what they said when Halo 4 came out.

"Trust Us"

"We listen to the community"

"Sprint works!"

I don't use this lightly but these people have been known to lie so I simply don't trust anything they are saying. I see an end goal and this being a step in that direction.

• Downvote (-1) 3

ATTENTION!

If Halo 5 has any of this bullshit in it, we have to fight 343i to fight this shit and make them fix the broken elements in Halo. 

WE WANT OUR ARENA FPS BACK!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys I don't think you understand. ADS DESTROYS STRAFING. SPRINT DESTROYS MAPS. 

Relax.

I can't find the tweet now but it was confirmed that it doesn't affect your movement and there is still descope. It basically boils down to an aesthetic change to the zoom. No more, no less.

And Frankie is gonna explain why sprint isn't a get out of jail free card anymore.

Basically just hold tight, we'll be fine. We have a full year of H2A to look forward too, and 343 still has time to change stuff that ain't working.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, when the leak got posted in the staff Skype I went ape shit, which is strange for me. Now though, I am quite hyped to see some footage, it's weird. 

ATTENTION!

If Halo 5 has any of this bullshit in it, we have to fight 343i to fight this shit and make them fix the broken elements in Halo.

WE WANT OUR ARENA FPS BACK!!!!

Too late.

The maps been made with these mechanics in mind. They are not going to remove or change anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe I didn't understand all that went down, but why are we still talking about ADS? What I got from the news today, it functions exactly the same in previous games, it just looks different. I feel like all this backlash on the new zoom view wouldn't be here if 343 had the first word instead of the leaker.

• Upvote (+1) 6

but zooming in made it so you couldn't see the sides of your screen. When do you honestly have to see the bottom of your screen?

Zooming in takes a portion of the middle of your screen and zooms in on it (who woulda thought) ergo creating a band around your screen that gets removed from view. Since this new animation is apparently still technically zooming in then I would assume that the same thing happens, at least it looks that way. Which means this is going to remove even more from our FoV then what we're used to.

C'mon now you can't think of a single scenario where an enemy would be in that portion of the screen that gets blocked from view? It can definitely happen.

It's not a gigantic issue but it still affects gameplay to some degree.

Got to be able to see the players in Prone on your screen :kappa:

Got to be able to see the players in Prone on your screen :kappa:

Reading this along with your sig made me laugh. Sliding maybe, but I'll eat my other sock if Halo adds proning.

CC: @@Sam

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe I didn't understand all that went down, but why are we still talking about ADS? What I got from the news today, it functions exactly the same in previous games, it just looks different. I feel like all this backlash on the new view wouldn't be here if 343 had the first word instead of the leak.

Because we don't like seeing a gun at the bottom of our screen with a big ass square with holographic lines come from the middle of it.

Plus hitmarkers. Plus kill feed. Plus the shit ton of medals that pop under your crosshairs.

AKA We don't like a cluttered screen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading this along with your sig made me laugh. Sliding maybe, but I'll eat my other sock if Halo adds proning.

CC: @@Sam

It's a guilty pleasure, but i love sliding in Destiny so I wouldn't be heartbroken if it made its way over to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because we don't like see a gun at the bottom of out screen with a big ass square with holographic lines come from the middle of it.

Okay, then can we agree to stop saying ADS when describing the 'gun in the screen' problem? It's misleading as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One good thing came out of this I guess, the reticle appears to be centered again.

• Upvote (+1) 2