CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Deez

How will Spartan Ranks be? Multiple EXP per game or just 1 like Halo 3?

Will we see a return of playlist EXP?

Will there be a classic zoom option?

Are the look of medals final? The multi kill medals still look bland and unrecognizable.

Will there be stat tracking for everything including weapons, vehicles and medals like the Halos before MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Learning weapon/power item times is part of "learning the map" in Arena shooters in my opinion and it does take mental skill(not x360noscope420skillzx) to multi-task in the heat of battle and keep tabs on power item rotations. But gamers today are already babied by lower IQ games anyways so announcing when weapons are up is just catering to that mindset.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Learning weapon/power item times is part of "learning the map" in Arena shooters in my opinion and it does take mental skill(not x360noscope420skillzx) to multi-task in the heat of battle and keep tabs on power item rotations. But gamers today are already babied by lower IQ games anyways so announcing when weapons are up is just catering to that mindset.

it's not hard when you have a timer.

What is a Premium Requisition Pack exactly? Is that like the best "chest" in the game with unlocks for Warzone? I'm debating if I should get the standard or digital deluxe edition (comes with 14 Premium Requisition Packs). And how do you get them in-game if you get the standard?

They took out split screen entirely?

LOL

RIP couch co-op. I thought Halo would always be the one to hold out. It seems game devs these days are just begging for me to stop playing video games. I guess this is what it is like to grow up and become a jaded old man. On a similar note with all of these games I'm no longer buying I actually have enough money to buy a second Xbox. Even though I wasn't planning on getting the game this is seriously disappointing and seems like the final nail in the coffin for split screen.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What is a Premium Requisition Pack exactly? Is that like the best "chest" in the game with unlocks for Warzone? I'm debating if I should get the standard or digital deluxe edition (comes with 14 Premium Requisition Packs). And how do you get them in-game if you get the standard?

Get standard and then buy 14 premium packs after the game launches so some of the money goes to HCS prizing

Get standard and then buy 14 premium packs after the game launches so some of the money goes to HCS prizing

probably cheaper too.

Then I guess backwards compatibility is my go-to for general split screen (or MCC).

At least Reach has a more in-depth social structure anyways. Sad that it'll be more social than Halo 5 in pretty much every way possible.

Previous generation on the One. My 360 is dying so now the One will by my 360. Thanks...

it's not hard when you have a timer.

You dont need a timer for 1-2 PW's per map. A timer hasn't really been necessary since HCE.

Completely unrelated but Perfect Dark XBLA had it so you can split-screen co-op with someone else playing on a completely different xbox from a different location. It was a little odd but really cool being able to see both players on your screen. I had really hoped that this concept was the future, but it looks like split-screen is just being thrown away regardless. It's interesting to see CoD keep it though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They took out split screen entirely?

LOL

RIP couch co-op. I thought Halo would always be the one to hold out. It seems game devs these days are just begging for me to stop playing video games. I guess this is what it is like to grow up and become a jaded old man. On a similar note with all of these games I'm no longer buying I actually have enough money to buy a second Xbox. Even though I wasn't planning on getting the game this is seriously disappointing and seems like the final nail in the coffin for split screen.

You're not a jaded old man just because you expect basic features that are staple to the Halo franchise to be in there.

I was okay with no campaign coop, but no splitscreen MP? Come on, RIP Training Grounds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Throwing this out there despite the sad news, but I feel like 343i will patch in co op and split screen because major features have been "patched in" before. Might not be likely, but it's a faint possibility.

Throwing this out there despite the sad news, but I feel like 343i will patch in co op and split screen because major features have been "patched in" before. Might not be likely, but it's a faint possibility.

I think firefight will be patched in but splitscreen for any mode will be tremendous amounts of work considering everything relies on 60fps. 

#Just343Things

Looks like my domain investment may pay off after all.

Anything close to the scale of what we're talking about here?

developers going back on their word is soooo bad. It's never malicious or intended in my opinion but this is why they're always so hesitant to say anything.. the only thing that could have been better was state they didn't think they could get it working ASAP.

Anything close to the scale of what we're talking about here?

developers going back on their word is soooo bad. It's never malicious or intended in my opinion but this is why they're always so hesitant to say anything.. the only thing that could have been better was state they didn't think they could get it working ASAP.

They didn't promise anything though? They said they planned to have split-screen in there, not promised.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think firefight will be patched in but splitscreen for any mode will be tremendous amounts of work considering everything relies on 60fps.

Well, they had it planned up until January at the latest. So they almost certainly had some ground work laid down for it. It's possible it was cancelled due to time and resource constraints.

I always hoped we'd get the ability to dirty weapon spawns like in H3 back again. That, IMO, was the perfect system: static spawns with the ability to secretly change the timer if you have so much control of the power weapon area that you can grab it immediately off spawn without dying. Alas, the dream is dead.

They didn't promise anything though? They said they planned to have split-screen in there, not promised.

What about Halo 4 and MCC? Did they promise fileshares, theater, visible ranks? Did they promise that MCC was going to be exactly like we remembered? I think technically they haven't promised anything at this point. 

You can really nitpick the words if we want to but I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Whether its a "promise" or "planned", a developer that discloses information and doesn't deliver never helps. I've been close with an indie developer for some years now and they played a big part in bringing awareness the to ridiculousness that is Microsofts certification and patch program. They got reamed for so many different things that they didn't deliver on even though it wasn't promised. It had gotten to the point where the company had just gotten extremely quiet because they couldn't disclose any information without it being wrong, off, or delayed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So are they chest for Warzone or what? How do you get them if you only get the standard edition?

Look... we can bicker about splint screen and sprint all night, but what's done is done Dad. Are you guys going to invest or not?

Eat shit... Derek!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Look... we can bicker about splint screen and sprint all night, but what's done is done Dad. Are you guys going to invest or not?

Eat shit... Derek!

No