CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I honestly hope so. When I used to last time it was very slow, I want to be able to watch my team mates so I can talk to them about their plays, while they're playing. Ufeelme343?  :prayers:

As long as it has a 45-90 second delay I'm fine with this.

These are the things I hope they think about.

A delay is obviously a smart idea, but you also need to be able to turn it off for events.

A delay is necessary, unless they make an option to ONLY view the persons pov you're trying to view with no spec mode features on, just as if you were sat next to them watching then I wouldn't mind. They cannot give any type of advantage in spec mode where you can relay the info instantly to a friend.

A delay is necessary, unless they make an option to ONLY view the persons pov you're trying to view with no spec mode features on, just as if you were sat next to them watching then I wouldn't mind. They cannot give any type of advantage in spec mode where you can relay the info instantly to a friend.

Then you could just watch the other team's pov and relay their position to your friends.

It's a sad tactic used to force people to buy more consoles. No excuse for not having 4 player splitscreen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wonder what else we will lose so that H5 can keep its framerate on the shitbox without looking like total shit

Then you could just watch the other team's pov and relay their position to your friends.

What? You must have misunderstood what I said lol.

Rather they make it so you can view everyone's pov with a big delay or the person you're trying to view (friend for e.g) pov needs to be fixed to that pov without any spec mode features but you can view it in real time as if you are sitting next to them. Either of those ways offer no advantage to anyone unless you're watching your friend's screen and he misses something and you tell him, but it still appeared on his screen so it was his fault he missed it and you're not giving him any extra info his screen didn't already show.

I'd rather we keep the delay so when we do online tournaments, we could have someone like @@TheSimms or @@FrankTheShow cast them or something. That would be intense as hell for a finals match. 

For HCS LAN tournaments, have a 'spectator' team and let them join the game and spectate in real time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a sad tactic used to force people to buy more consoles. No excuse for not having 4 player splitscreen.

Well if they can't hit 60fps, they can't have split screen. We already know a lot of the game is reliant on the frame rate.

I'm not defending anything, a complete lack of split screen sucks. Saying it's just a ploy to sell more consoles is just a bit silly though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm fine with however they choose to do it as long as no advantage can be gained with it whatsoever.

Interesting...no split screen at all. One of the most beautiful aspect of Halo(allowing everyone to play with their friends locally) just gone, what  a shame. I may understand that XBL is big now but it still sucks that we arent able at all now to do so, I wonder... if Halo 5 gets BIG(like 200+ teams) tournaments...how much equipment will they need to run such tournaments(not to mention the amount of time required to do so).

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well if they can't hit 60fps, they can't have split screen. We already know a lot of the game is reliant on the frame rate.

I'm not defending anything, a complete lack of split screen sucks. Saying it's just a ploy to sell more consoles is just a bit silly though.

It's not silly. COD did it first, it makes sense to leave out splitscreen as an incentive for friends to get their own copy. If they wanted they could just downgrade the graphics in splitscreen to maintain smooth performance. Halo 1-3 did it, this is just going backwards.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Interesting...no split screen at all. One of the most beautiful aspect of Halo(allowing everyone to play with their friends locally) just gone, what  a shame. I may understand that XBL is big now but it still sucks that we arent able at all now to do so, I wonder... if Halo 5 gets BIG(like 200+ teams) tournaments...how much equipment will they need to run such tournaments(not to mention the amount of time required to do so).

That's an interesting point about the equipment required. I think the demand for split screen has decreased so at least there's that, but for the people that still do it yeah it sucks.

At least they have a reason for doing it.

It's not silly. COD did it first, it makes sense to leave out splitscreen as an incentive for friends to get their own copy. If they wanted they could just downgrade the graphics in splitscreen to maintain smooth performance. Halo 1-3 did it, this is just going backwards.

We don't know if they could do that though. It's not like they're just going to decrease the settings a bit. It's possibly they couldn't hit the quality standard they wanted whilst maintaining 60.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

My kids will be disappointed.  They like playing the campaigns splitscreen.

I can relate. I do the same things with my friends when they are over. I remember the whole reason I convinced many of my friends to get an Xbox is because they played Halo at my house and had a blast! Playing 4 man split screen on Rumble pit was so much fun. I remember making new gold accounts and ranking them up in doubles with my friend to see how far we would get in the weekend. 

Sad to see splitscreen go because it made Halo a fun party game. Also they are losing potential customers removing it because most people I know including myself got into Halo because of playing it splitscreen at somebody's house. Josh if you are reading this please reconsider and just downscale the graphics while splitscreening. I'm sure many people wouldn't mind this trade off. It will make many Halo fans happy while potentially boost sales for Halo 5 by bringing in new people to the franchise.

Halo having some sort of split screen was the way I got any of my friends into Halo. I think this is a mistake for the longevity of Halo as a franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1