CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They would have to explain the mechanics before hand to make sure this doesn't happen.

An apology is probably one of the worst ways to begin a video game reveal so not happenin bro.

i know this is off topic, but lets get all the support we can for the current tourney going on. Finals about to start

Twitch.tv/halo

Get in here if you are not already

The thing I don't  get is why put the ADS in? If it is for cosmetic purposes then why change it and once again steer away from something Halo has had all along? People are forgetting that the whole bottom/middle part of the screen is now taken up by the gun. Also, you have the unnecessary distraction of the gun shaking/etc. I will be curious to see their reasoning behind it. If it is for visuals then I will be pretty disappointed because of how unnecessary it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My standards are higher than yours.

Any game that has kill times that long and individual skill that invisible is not halo to me.

nice talking to you

• Downvote (-1) 1

If it's shit/the same as it was in H4, yes. But if it's as weak as I think it looks, that does two things: makes H5 accessible to CoD/Titanfall/Battlefield fans and keeps it from being as game-breaking as it was in H4. If it has the secondary charge ability like the Italian leak suggested, then that could be the offensive twist on sprint that people have been asking for.

Any iteration of sprint redefines the pace at which players reach places on maps.  It breaks the pace that is the core of Halo, and leads to these awkward stretched maps like Zealot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't believe that its just like zooming. If it isn't meant to function differently then why was it changed?

To sell the game to OpTic Gaming as a FPS those dudes could pick up and take over the eSports scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people act like it's absolutely absurd to jump to negative conclusions on a few seconds of clips, but they're often the ones jumping to positive conclusions based on the same ones?

• Upvote (+1) 7

The thing I don't  get is why put the ADS in? If it is for cosmetic purposes then why change it and once again steer away from something Halo has had all along? People are forgetting that the whole bottom/middle part of the screen is now taken up by the gun. Also, you have the unnecessary distraction of the gun shaking/etc. I will be curious to see their reasoning behind it. If it is for visuals then I will be pretty disappointed because of how unnecessary it is.

It satisfies both audiences. By doing this, it looks modern. All of the new, cool games have ADS. Aiming down the sight is simply better looking than just seeing a graphic on a zoomed in camera. At the same time, the mechanic at it's core doesn't change at all so this will also satisfy the hardcore crowd. This is a change that can satisfy everyone in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people act like it's absolutely absurd to jump to negative conclusions on a few seconds of clips, but they're often the ones jumping to positive conclusions based on the same ones?

Everyone gets suckered in to it for one Halo reveal or another.  

Exactly, if the kill times are too fast, we're going back into CoD territory. Too slow, and we're back where we started with Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

Hopefully, the sandbox will have an arena shooter feel where every weapon is viable and strong. We'll see. I consider the sandbox the biggest factor right now that can more or less break the game. With the beta, the community CAN influence that. It's very difficult to radically change the way the game is designed. We can help fine tune the sandbox though.

Josh's tweets tell us that they're doing a lot of things right. We have descope. We have even starts. They removed the defensive abilities I mentioned earlier. From here, it's all about the fine tuning to make this game work.

I wish I could +rep this but the quota won't let me. Just know that I support this post.

• Upvote (+1) 2

An apology is probably one of the worst ways to begin a video game reveal so not happenin bro.

not an apology, but rather a clarification of the game mechanics, to make sure people know what the hell is happening in the game

So if Str8 wins this, is Ryanoob considered the most underrated player in Halo history? Consistently places well, won a Reach event, improves teams each time he is dropped, won first/last Halo 4 events, and won H2A Pre-launch. (If they win) With all that said teams seem to be quick to drop him thus why I feel he is underrated.

So if Str8 wins this, is Ryanoob considered the most underrated player in Halo history? Consistently places well, won a Reach event, improves teams each time he is dropped, won first/last Halo 4 events, and won H2A Pre-launch. (If they win) With all that said teams seem to be quick to drop him thus why I feel he is underrated.

"Reach" "Halo 4" :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing so much Destiny, it would honestly feel so weird having scope be toggleable.

In fact, I'm probably going to throw a plasma and stick myself when trying to scope in on MCC for a day or two.

A choice between toggle and hold for ADS would be great.

Halo 4 and MCC both have a "Fishstick" button layout where you can use LT to zoom in. Safe to assume H5 will too.

But I can see how a toggle would be good for some.