CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm not going to judge this power up animation until I see John or 343i post something about it.

teambeyond.net

all there in the front page

NO 24 PLAYER CUSTOM GAMES!??

WHAT

It's gonna be so funny when the multiplayer is utter shit and we'll be back to monthly updates and Halo 6 hype all over again for the sheep.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Thats why I asked. Its still a unnecessary change just for the sake of change imo but at least its not completely ruined.

Eh, I think @ has a pretty good point actually. Auto pickup is worse than hold to pick up imo. As for the animation I think if it's as fast as Moa says then it'll be fine. I imagine it was added due to game feel. If you compare it to picking up a weapon it makes sense. It would feel weird if you held the button down and a weapon magically replaced the one you were holding with no animation.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They said the beta didn't even scratch the surface of the final games customization. I don't know if it will as extensive as Reach's but it will at least offer individual armour pieces to change and not armour sets.

Where have they said this? I only recall them confirming helmet, visor, armor set.

Because there lazy

Halo MCC launched broken

No customizable armor only sets

No firefight with ODST

No Elites in Halo 5

No Firefight or Spartan Ops

No splitscreen

No spectator mode in MCC

No Invasion in Halo 5

Theater is shit in Halo MCC

But you know they have enough time to make a new gametype with MICROTRANSACTIONS that won't be forgeable or be playable in customs.

After watching the sprint I thought 343 cared about the developing a good Halo Game but it seems there to lazy to put any extra work into the series.

How can you fucking possibly watch "the Sprint" and call any developer at 343 lazy?! That shit doesn't even make sense. Have their games had flaws? Hell yeah and I will never argue otherwise, but to call them lazy is the most deluded comment ever. It has nothing to do with laziness.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Eh, I think @ has a pretty good point actually. Auto pickup is worse than hold to pick up imo.

Dude come on. I get it, you are excited about H5 and you seem to be in love with 343i but give me a break. This animation is the definition of change for the sake of change.

Dude come on. I get it, you are excited about H5 and you seem to be in love with 343i but give me a break. This animation is the definition of change for the sake of change.

I agree that the animation isn't entirely necessary. I don't think it's an issue and I can see why they might have added it though.

However there are reasons why you might want to change it from auto to hold to pickup.

I wonder how fragile War Zone is if you have very limited custom access. No access to 24 Player custom lobbies must be a preventative measure... Hopefully the flow isn't that delicate, and no I have not forgotten who the target audience is...

Imagine if the power ups were auto pickup but still had the animation. That would be horrendous.

I feel like even though my concerns were sort of answered by the fact that the animation is only a few moments long there's still a sense of it being unnecessary and/or clunky.

If I had to rank the way power ups work from best to worst it would be like this:

Auto pickup

Hold to pickup

Hold to pickup with animation

Auto pickup with animation

Ordinance drops

343 was heavily hinting at a larger player cap a year ago. With it turning out to only be for a gametype and not customs, it's hard to get excited about that. I want to play 24-player Jenga.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder how fragile War Zone is if you have very limited custom access. No access to 24 Player custom lobbies must be a preventative measure... Hopefully the flow isn't that delicate, and no I have not forgotten who the target audience is...

So was no 24 players in customs confirmed?

So was no 24 players in customs confirmed?

On second thought I need to re-review information, I just woke up so I'm posting while on Antibiotics.

sorry

I always imagined Chiefs suit just absorbed the powerup through his energy shield.

Slamming it into his chest will break my #immersion

• Upvote (+1) 1

On second thought I need to re-review information, I just woke up so I'm posting while on Antibiotics.

sorry

shit will ruin ur life fam get help

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lore boys help me out here but I swear Bungie intended on humans being Forerunners rather than just 'reclaimers'.

Tried to find a link but I'm on a phone.

You're 100% correct. It was hinted at all along and confirmed by the end of Halo 3.

Most bigtime lore experts admit that 343 decided to change course on that. But its funny to watch guys like Halofollower try and shoehorn old evidence from Bungie into the new canon. Somehow they end up with Chief being the Iso Didact reincarnated. Dumb.

Also with customs being played on Dedis I'd really like to know if there are plans for the HCS. Are they able to create host servers specifically for the tournaments?

I'm hopeful we'll hear more about their plans for that side of things.

I always imagined Chiefs suit just absorbed the powerup through his energy shield.

Slamming it into his chest will break my #immersion

I know this is a joke but its true.

The powerups were covenant tech on CE. That's why you only found them near their squads or on their ships. But Chief could still use them.

Obviously they're just absorbed. Unless the UNSC and Covies agreed on the same powerup USB standards.

• Upvote (+1) 3

NO 24 PLAYER CUSTOM GAMES!??

WHAT

Holmes said it hadn't been confirmed. We mentioned in the article that 16 or 24 hadn't been finalised.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

No Warzone Forge

No 24 people in customs

No elites

No warzone custom games

No Firefight or Spartan Ops

No Race (Maybe he could have just meant playlist)

Well this is disappointing 

Does this bother anyone else? I don't mind them leaving all that stuff out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's gonna be so funny when the multiplayer is utter shit and we'll be back to monthly updates and Halo 6 hype all over again for the sheep.

I thought the same thing when MCC was announced, that I could fall back on ce/h2/h3 if h5 is terrible, look how that turned out =\.

The last thing I will have to fall back on is h3 (even reach) backwards compatibility but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

If they can support 24 play matchmaking with AI bots all over the place, i don't see how they could possibly argue that they cant support 24 player customs.

Esp. since both are on dedis.  But i do understand why they don't want to promise anything yet.

They have a history of over-promising and under-delivering (MCC) and they have probably learned from that message, so they want to be 100% sure that 24 player customs will be available before saying anything.

And they need to withhold some stuff for gamescom in a few weeks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you fucking possibly watch "the Sprint" and call any developer at 343 lazy?! That shit doesn't even make sense. Have their games had flaws? Hell yeah and I will never argue otherwise, but to call them lazy is the most deluded comment ever. It has nothing to do with laziness.

Sadly. If they were just lazy there would be hope that we could get a good game if they just tried.

Seeing how they actually try but just can't do it is much worse.

I mean considering you can't forge Warzone or play a Warzone custom game, why would there even be a 24 person cap in customs?

Makes more sense to have it at 16 doesn't it? Assuming BTB is still 8v8.