No customizable armor only sets

No firefight with ODST

No Elites in Halo 5

No Firefight or Spartan Ops

No splitscreen

No spectator mode in MCC

No Invasion in Halo 5

Theater is shit in Halo MCC

But you know they have enough time to make a new gametype with MICROTRANSACTIONS that won't be forgeable or be playable in customs.

After watching the sprint I thought 343 cared about the developing a good Halo Game but it seems there to lazy to put any extra work into the series.

1. No disagreements there.
  2. Are we talking MCC or Halo 5? Halo 5 has fully customizeable armour
  3. :(
  4. Good
  5. :(
  6. Split-screen is supported for multiplayer
  7. The original games never supported it and Halo 2 Anniversary was literally a modified Halo 4 engine. Imagine if they even attempted to do it, knowing how MCC turned out.
  8. Yupppp
  9. No disagreements there.

The sprint is definitely a cool watch. It makes me think that 343 is definitely a professional dedicated company that is plenty capable. They just don't understand Halo...like, at all. The way they're quick to throw aside branded and iconic aspects of the game for "modernizing it", ie shield recharge noise, banshee turret audio, classic armor, classic covenant, just everything really. Can't help but feel like they'd be much more successful with a new franchise, because Halo is not halo with them.
No disagreements there. Just have to look at a lot of things they tried with Halo 4 like the new Covenant designs, the complete redesign of how Forerunner areas look, Chief's armour, Cortana's look, etc. 

The issue is they tried to put their own spin on Halo to try and show that someone else took over but all people wanted was the Halo experience they remembered when Bungie made it. 

No one is going to hate on you 343 Industries for literally sticking to what Bungie had and introducing your own unique stuff. Just don't completely change what 343 Industries already had in place. I mean didn't they completely change that entire relationship between Forerunners and Humans. I keep thinking back to that line about "You are the child of my makers, inheritors of all they left behind.
You ARE Forerunner, but this ring... is mine."

Lore boys help me out here but I swear Bungie intended on humans being Forerunners rather than just 'reclaimers'.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Looks like Mike Colter won't be voicing Locke in Halo 5: Guardians anymore. He's still doing mocap and lending his likeness but this guy will be doing the voice over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it confirmed that Halo 5 has full customization? Like Halo 3 or better? Where I can change out shoulder pads and such? OR even better similar to Halo 4s? I was expecting worse customization since MCC downgraded and the beta didn't show much. 

Is it confirmed that Halo 5 has full customization? Like Halo 3 or better? Where I can change out shoulder pads and such? OR even better similar to Halo 4s? I was expecting worse customization since MCC downgraded and the beta didn't show much. 

They said the beta didn't even scratch the surface of the final games customization. I don't know if it will as extensive as Reach's but it will at least offer individual armour pieces to change and not armour sets.

1. No disagreements there.
  2. Are we talking MCC or Halo 5? Halo 5 has fully customizeable armour
  3. :(
  4. Good
  5. :(
  6. Split-screen is supported for multiplayer
  7. The original games never supported it and Halo 2 Anniversary was literally a modified Halo 4 engine. Imagine if they even attempted to do it, knowing how MCC turned out.
  8. Yupppp
  9. No disagreements there.

No disagreements there. Just have to look at a lot of things they tried with Halo 4 like the new Covenant designs, the complete redesign of how Forerunner areas look, Chief's armour, Cortana's look, etc. 

The issue is they tried to put their own spin on Halo to try and show that someone else took over but all people wanted was the Halo experience they remembered when Bungie made it. 

No one is going to hate on you 343 Industries for literally sticking to what Bungie had and introducing your own unique stuff. Just don't completely change what 343 Industries already had in place. I mean didn't they completely change that entire relationship between Forerunners and Humans. I keep thinking back to that line about "You are the child of my makers, inheritors of all they left behind.
You ARE Forerunner, but this ring... is mine."

Lore boys help me out here but I swear Bungie intended on humans being Forerunners rather than just 'reclaimers'.

I was talking MCC

And also I was talking about adding a spectator mode into Halo 2A but I keep forgetting that certain infinity made that not 343 so my bad on the point.

Wonder why hes not doing the voice anymore.

His voice acting was weak. Compare the Halo 2 Anniversary prologue and epilogue to the Hunt the Truth stuff. Colter did the H2A stuff and the new voice actor did the Hunt the Truth stuff.

The new voice actor is a lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

His voice acting was weak. Compare the Halo 2 Anniversary prologue and epilogue to the Hunt the Truth stuff. Colter did the H2A stuff and the new voice actor did the Hunt the Truth stuff.

The new voice actor is a lot better.

Thank god. I still cringe when he says"Arbiter" in h2a prologue.

Does anyone know if it is like picking up a weapon - I just walk over it, hold a button and I can keep walking juts not shooting for a sec or anything? Or does it go into 3rd person and you have to stand still?

Does anyone know if it is like picking up a weapon - I just walk over it, hold a button and I can keep walking juts not shooting for a sec or anything? Or does it go into 3rd person and you have to stand still?

The way it was described sounds like it'll be like the shoulder charge animation, where it goes third person for a sec. Not 100% for sure if you can move or must stand still.

It does a first person animation that puts your weapon away for a split second as you slam it into your chest. You don't need to stand still during it. Once you've held the button to pick it up, you are free to move while it is slamming into your chest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully I can save films and clips again in the theater and hopefully they have theater for the game.  I like being able to go back an save a whole match, I do not like depending on the Xbox DVR system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does a first person animation that puts your weapon away for a split second as you slam it into your chest. You don't need to stand still during it. Once you've held the button to pick it up, you are free to move while it is slamming into your chest.

Still fucking terrible compared to real Halo powerups.

How could anyone think it's a good idea?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I REALLY hope 343i has a Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves playlist for Halo 5. I've heard no mention of this, and with all this talk of "4v4 Arena gameplay," it has me worried.

Please Josh. Include ranks and objectives too.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well the hate against this is completely over blown then. That sounds no different to picking up a weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

While it's still an unecessary change and I expect a toggle for this in the final game, from the way you describe it sounds okay. At least we wont have to stand still

Well the hate against this is completely over blown then. That sounds no different to picking up a weapon.

Right.  When i first heard about this i thought it was a long animation that moved you to third person in a similar way to an assassination.  That would have been fucked up.

Since it sounds like its just as fast as picking up a weapon if not faster, i actually like it.

Without auto-pickup, i could see it being more viable to defend something like an overshield for a few seconds while you wait for a guy with rockets to come get it and go beast mode on everybody.  Or defend speed-boost for the guy with sword, invis for the guy with shotgun, etc.  YOu dont have to worry about strafing over it and accidentally picking it up if it would be better served to give it to someone else.

So, wait. Is there splitscreen support for matchmaking? Was the "no splitscreen" just for coop?

So, wait. Is there splitscreen support for matchmaking? Was the "no splitscreen" just for coop?

Just for co-op.  There is 2 player splitscreen for matchmaking

Thats why I asked. Its still a unnecessary change just for the sake of change imo but at least its not completely ruined. 

Something I really like campaign-wise is that they seem to have made a version of promethean knight that is more on an elite's level, less bullet spongey, and the old bullet-spongey knights are now being used for mini bossfights, like Hunters.  I think people will like fighting them more when it's rarer.

Also I didn't have as much of a problem with the old DMR scope as some folks, but I must admit that the new one looks much more comfortable to shoot through.

I know people don't like @@Keys but why are you negging him for criticizing req packs and furthermore on explaining twitch and arena shooters to DJ?

I mean do you really think that most of the micro transactions are going to hcs? Until we see a confirmed percentage I'm going to be skeptical and so should you.

To the guy who said all profits go to funding new halo development, no they don't. Microsoft has a dividend, they pay shareholders and also use halo profits to fund other xbox things as it is a tentpole for them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't wait to start playtesting this bad boy and making shit up to tell you guys. 

jk jk, I can't do that. >_<