CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah I agree. It barely looks faster at all. Do you think that would be a major improvement for sprint? I'm guessing it would lessen the harmful effects it has on the game to a degree.

Anything that makes sprint less useful is good.

I've been watching these clips on repeat. And I gotta say I like how fast paced the movement options seem to be. Still not set on Sprint because I don't like the fact that you lower your weapon and are basically giving yourself up which makes it a defensive ability. However, the weapons looked useful (even the ar) scope on sniper needs to be nerfed shit is way too big like it was in H4. Just a few thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 3

These leaks are incredibly blurry and short, but it does look like the kill times are very fast. In my opinion, this kinda balances out sprint. In Reach and Halo 4, the kill times were simply too slow to kill a sprinting player. On top of that, all of the armor abilities are defensive abilities. This slows down the game even more and offers more opportunities to stay alive and negate another player's smart play. In Halo 5, it appears that all of the spartan abilities are offensive. Theoretically, if you sprint into a battle, you can easily get killed.

I could be totally wrong though. I'm just not going to get my jimmie's rustled over some blurry GIFs. I'll wait until tomorrow to see.

The kill times will take VERY careful balancing. Too fast and we're killing the shooting skill gap and turning the game into a peek shooter and a game where all that matters is getting the jump on someone. Too slow and the battles drag out, become boring and force team shooting.

I think the most important part is for the optimal kill time to be fast enough but HARD to hit.

My heart can't handle all of the fluctuating news.

Most of the panic was from speculation on shoddy videos. LOL Lets hope tomorrow show us something the community will be proud of.

I hope that they end up realizing that not even people who play both Halo and CoD want Halo to play similarly to CoD. I've talked to a number of people who used to play Halo, but quit after Reach/4. Their reasons are that Reach/4 don't feel like Halo. If they wanted Call of Duty, they would play Call of Duty. They play Halo for that classic Halo feel that they know and love.

If you all can refund me that false neg rep, that would be nice. :salt:

Negged for lols

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys the main issue here should that there is sprint. Just because it doesn't look like the ADS thing is true to the extent we thought doesn't change that sprint is still a semi game-breaking feature and should never have been introduced into halo to begin with. It's good that ADS isn't there but sprint was and its just as bad.

^whenever I see Lux's name I think of Loaded Lux and I want to say "he gon get this work" 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you all can refund me that false neg rep, that would be nice. :salt:

I believe what does not kill you makes you... Thirstier?

So h5 will be somewhere between bad and horrible.

out side of a shitty br, netcode and most disc maps, h3 was atleast a halo game. can't say the same about 4 and reach(besides v7)

i say Hce>H2C>H2a>=H3>>>>>>>>Hr>>>h4

we'll see where h5 fits

DESCOPE

BRAVO 343

R

A

V

O

That sprint is even considered, let alone is in the damn game, discredits 343 entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

qM1ZTyK.png

I'm pretty sure someone did mention "Halo is granddad" at one point. Might have been @@AkaDemiK, I remember laughing about that line.

But man yeah this is an emotional rollercoaster.

Ok... the leak isn't NEAR as bad as it initially seemed. Still not crazy about Sprint of course... or the "look" of the ADS zoom animation, but aside from the that, I think the game itself looks great.

Awesome to hear that descope is officially back as well!

So we have:

- Weapons on map/classic map-control gameplay

- No flinch, descope back

- First-person thruster pack... (YES!) ...appears to be anyway.

I say, at this point, if a scope animation and Sprint are the main issues we have going into the Beta, Halo 5 is actually shaping up quite well! We'll get a MUCH better look tomorrow, so I'm saving my full impressions, but it's not looking too bad anymore IMO, thankfully.

Jesus, if we can't properly handle ourselves to leaks and misinformation on a forum why do we expect Halo Twitch chats to be any better?  People complained about Snipedown's tweets regarding H2A not having a skill gap and ACE's reactions after losing as immature and unprofessional, but yet people react like a 10 year old to some leaks.

I know we all started playing Halo when we were in our teens, but goddamn you have to mature some day.

• Upvote (+1) 2