CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Imagine if oracle mode also had the option of detaching the view from a player and flying around the map to present position setups better

Imagine if oracle mode also had the option of detaching the view from a player and flying around the map to present position setups better

I always thought that oracle mode was the same thing as spectator mode. 

Isn't oracle "mode" more or less a "feature" within spectator mode?

Anyone enlighten me as to how are they different things?

and spectator already allows you to fly around in the beta, unsure if that also apples to oracle mode. 

In other news, RoyBorg approves of Warzone :)

Sadly they're not going to be 100% honest about a new Halo game and also the honeymoon phase is still there. I'm not saying there's not a possibility of it being fun but this has happened before.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I thought you could only buy one rocket launcher, sniper, etc per game... not multiple times. Flamesword bough 2 rockets, 2 snipers and a mantis. Also, you can buy a power weapon while holding another power weapon... Not sure how to feel about it.

Just like Moa said: What is to stop somebody from stacking up cards and then go to Warzone and use them? You can pay for Warzone packs as well so you don't even have to go to Arena to get them so... I'm not digging too much into that idea. Unless there's something that I don't get.

I thought you could only buy one rocket launcher, sniper, etc per game... not multiple times. Flamesword bough 2 rockets, 2 snipers and a mantis. Also, you can buy a power weapon while holding another power weapon... Not sure how to feel about it.

Just like Moa said: What is to stop somebody from stacking up cards and then go to Warzone and use them? You can pay for Warzone packs as well so you don't even have to go to Arena to get them so... I'm not digging too much into that idea. Unless there's something that I don't get.

It has already been said multiple times that the REQ system in these E3 demos are insanely exaggerated. They're exaggerated so people at E3 can experience the entire sandbox. It will be nowhere near as easy to get those weapons when the game ships.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Snipers in Warzone, totally possible.

remember getting points and curen is heavily accelerated, people won't be getting heavy weapons all the time like they do at e3

Power weapons require consumable REQ cards to buy, but you can get multiples of those consumable REQ cards. You also have to spend energy to buy them, and you get more energy in the demo than you will in the actual game. E.g. right now you gain all your energy back when you level up, but that won't be the case on release.

Just got out of Warzone again + Halo 5 Holo Lens experience (really cool).

Sniper has no "aim down sight" animation, when you zoom you are nearly instantly in zoom.

Pistol rate of fire is slower than the beta.

There was an AI on the map called Sangheili General, took roughly a clip and a half of BR to kill. Thing shoots back at you as well and nearly killed me. I think it was just a regular ish AI, not a legendary one or anything.

Boltshot shoots 3 bursts at a time instead of one little pea shooter like in Halo 4.

I was destroying the other scrublords on Red team so I was stacking up the energy points to buy weapons, I bought the sniper as well as the rockets.

Sniping is cool, I took down a Banshee with rockets and boarded a mantis. 

I also got to drive that new Promethean Falcon thing (cant remember what its called, Phaeton? idk) It was kind of cool, you could like.. instead of barrel rolling in the banshee to dodge things you could teleport slightly to the left or right.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Sniper has no "aim down sight" animation, when you zoom you are nearly instantly in zoom.

There was an AI on the map called Sangheili General, took roughly a clip and a half of BR to kill. Thing shoots back at you as well and nearly killed me. It was for sure just a regular ish AI, not a legendary one or anything.

Boltshot shoots 3 bursts at a time instead of one little pea shooter like in Halo 4.

any idea how many shots to kill for the boltshot?

So the Legendary Launcher has something else to set it apart since the normal one has vehicle lock-on.

Welp, my guess was wrong. Maybe the Legendary RL affects players base movement traits like the PB does. Extra jump height, perhaps?

Still waiting to see Plasma Pistol gameplay.

I've heard it's been buffed significantly, yet no one has used it in their videos yet.

and spectator already allows you to fly around in the beta, unsure if that also apples to oracle mode. 

Oracle mode is a feature of spectator mode, yes. It's generally referred to as a mode itself, though, as other games have the option to turn it on/off. Spectator mode is a mode in which people can go into a custom game and view the player's first person perspectives through in-game means among some other features (bringing up a large map showcasing all players, etc--not sure if present in H5). If you're flying around the map, players outlined in oracle will still show up if they're behind a wall--at least in other games. No one knows for sure how it will be treated in H5--this is probably the least important feature of spectator mode, though (whether or not players are outlined in oracle while flying). Generally the casters in other games rarely fly. 

Oh i didn't know you could already fly around in the beta.

The way i understand it, "oracle mode" is just a feature within spectator mode, where you can see all the players

There was an AI on the map called Sangheili General, took roughly a clip and a half of BR to kill. Thing shoots back at you as well and nearly killed me. I think it was just a regular ish AI, not a legendary one or anything.

I was destroying the other scrublords on Red team so I was stacking up the energy points to buy weapons, I bought the sniper as well as the rockets.

I also got to drive that new Promethean Falcon thing (cant remember what its called, Phaeton? idk) It was kind of cool, you could like.. instead of barrel rolling in the banshee to dodge things you could teleport slightly to the left or right.

The enemy bosses seem to have pretty bad A.I and don't look very hard to kill, did you notice this yourself?

How was the time for ADS with the BR? I feel like in the beta it took longer than it should've. Is it faster or the same?

If you look at Snip3downs twitter feed, you would think 343 had dropped sprint, spartan abilities, changed the maps to traditional sizes, and provided LAN support considering how hyped he seemed.

He's hyped about the HCS support that will be brought forth for this game.

would really appreciate the option to use classic zoom in the option menu in game

Oh good heavens guys, you don't have to agree with each other but there's no point in all these personal attacks. I hate seeing things going down that road, especially on here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How was the time for ADS with the BR? I feel like in the beta it took longer than it should've. Is it faster or the same?

343 have said they lowered the time for most if not all ADS weapons

The enemy bosses seem to have pretty bad A.I and don't look very hard to kill, did you notice this yourself?

The basic AI are easy, the Generals, Patrols and Bosses are pretty hard to kill to be honest. You need a squad of people helping you or its actually hard. I tried to take on a "Patrol" by myself and it was not fun, I actually ended up running.