CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I actually like the idea of being vulnerable when grabbing a power-up. It means you'd have to earn it by out-slaying the opposition before grabbing the power-up instead of just racing them for it. I wonder, if you are vulnerable to attack when going through the animation, will it burn the power-up if you're killed mid-pick-up, or will it only be used up by going through the entire animation?

This.

And combine this with the ability to nade / shoot powerups CE-style, 'twould be awesome.

@@Sal1ent Since BTB is included in the Arena Style matchmaking, Will BTB be ranked when the playlist drops in the weeks after release? Would make sense to have a ranked BTB and then the unranked warzone. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I can see it now, it's the finals of the HCS season, Game 10 CTF. A player runs to the power up to start the animation to pick up an overshield, a player on the opposing team uses slide to snapshot them as they preform  the animation. Stealing the overshield. 

That's assuming it doesn't get burned if the player in the power up animation dies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Elzar on neogaf suggested:

Gamble req packs on competitive arena matches?!

Viewerships through the roof. More MT purchases. 

Frankie, put me in the credits for H5 for this idea.

I'd love if this somehow happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what is oracle mode?

Think Promethean Vision but only a spectator can see it.

HhElc54.jpg

There's an image of it in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Puts an outline around the players so you know where they are all the time.

Gamble req packs on competitive arena matches?!

Viewerships through the roof. More MT purchases. 

Frankie, put me in the credits for H5 for this idea.

Idk why at first I read that as, making REQ pack weapon upgrades in competitive arena match.

But this would be an awesome addition, just like CSGO Lounge. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be great. The more player involvement the better.

In other news, RoyBorg approves of Warzone :)

Most pros will only say positive things about Halo 5 because it's in their best interest to hype the game up. If you look at Snip3downs twitter feed, you would think 343 had dropped sprint, spartan abilities, changed the maps to traditional sizes, and provided LAN support considering how hyped he seemed. The only pros who seem to be honest about Halo 5 are Naded and Mikwen from what I've been seeing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Think Promethean Vision but only a spectator can see it.

HhElc54.jpg

There's an image of it in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Puts an outline around the players so you know where they are all the time.

this rules

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most pros will only say positive things about Halo 5 because it's in their best interest to hype the game up. If you look at Snip3downs twitter feed, you would think 343 had dropped sprint, spartan abilities, changed the maps to traditional sizes, and provided LAN support considering how hyped he seemed. The only pros who seem to be honest about Halo 5 are Naded and Mikwen from what I've been seeing.

Or just a guy having fun playing a video game...shocker!!!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Weapon skins are random in req packs, and there's no form of trading, so looks like players will be re-rolling the dice to get the skins they want.

Hopefully some of them are tied to achievements / commendations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's where in spectator mode you can see the outlines of all players, through walls and what not.

Its great for spectators.  It really adds to the tension more than you would think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wanna know more about the EXP ranks. I hope there's symbols and it's 1 EXP per win like H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the Legendary Launcher has something else to set it apart since the normal one has vehicle lock-on.

Also damn...killing marines for the first time.

Weapon skins are random in req packs, and there's no form of trading, so looks like players will be re-rolling the dice to get the skins they want.

Hopefully some of them are tied to achievements / commendations.

I know this is far from likely to happen at all, but unlockable preset custom kits would fantastic. Like, Mark IV , Mark V , and the rest of NOBLE Team. Not just stock (whole) variants.

I wanna know more about the EXP ranks. I hope there's symbols and it's 1 EXP per win like H3.

I really hope so too. I really want to put my try hard pants on every game I play. Playing Rumble Pit was so addicting in Halo 3 because you had to come 1st - 4th place (If there are 8 players)  if you wanted that EXP point. You couldn't just play nonchalantly and expect to rank up. Rank was earned.